Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wonder if anyone else out there has children who have these? My 2yr old son has had 3 this year and he has a temp again this week so I'm on constant watch trying to prevent it.
Please, I need....
1. Support from others going through this _ I hate the pressure of trying to prevent it and get exhausted.
2. Advice on what things work - it seems cold compress on the tummy is our best. Max calpol and ibuprofen don't seem to stop it swinging around. But do we do them permanently.
3. What about sleep time - he really needs to sleep, he is shivering with cold but head feels hot. Should I wake him and give him next due dose of calpol, put a compress on him or just let him sleep - room is 16oC and he has on PJs and a sheet.
AGGGGHHHHHHH!
Please help......
x

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
Im so sorry hun, I havent got any advice, just wanted to send you massive massive hugs. ^hugme^ ^hugme^ ^hugme^ ^hugme^

·
Premium Member
1,201 Posts
Hi hun..

First big hugs ^hugme^ ^hugme^ ^hugme^ ^hugme^

febrile convulsions are very scarey but they are our little ones natural way of dealing with a temperature.. i know this doesnt make it any better but....

Definately give regular calpol and brufen.. even if in bed at night and asleep.. give it to him.... this will help him bring his temp down....

if he is shivering it is again his body dealing with the temperature... so try dress him in layers or pop layers of blankets on him so you can strip some off and let him cool...

http://www.childrenfirst.nhs.uk/families/az_child_health/f/febrile_convulsions.html

here is a great ormond street help sheet..

also drinking lots of fluids help bring down the temperature so push fluids in day...

hth luv v xxx

/links

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you. It's the constant worry that is getting to me! You're right about waking him up.
Thanks.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Hi

My lo has had a fc and whenever she gets a temp now we set our alarm every 3/4 hours to give calpol/ ibobrufen and also use the Kool and soothe forehead strips. When we wake her we give her water and although it's hard try not to cuddle her

Hope this helps x

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.