Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 788 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks
I kept intending to post on the Dec/Jan or Jan/Feb board but never quite got round to it... as it turns out, seems I was destined for the Feb/March board anyway... so I'm posting!!!
I've been sniffing for the past month and DH has been stabbing me for the past 2 weeks but it seems that my ovaries aren't interested and haven't produced any follys of note  ::)(despite increased dose of menogon) so they've abandoned the cycle and we're starting again in feb. (anyone else got experience of this? - some one out there is bound to!)The good news is that I'm nhs and apparently I keep the funding until we get to EC stage (major relief!)
Be keen to hear from anyone destined for Feb?
wizz

·
Registered
655 Posts
Hi Wizz

I have been posting on the Jan-Feb board but in fact will probably not start sniffing until early Feb because I am starting on day 25 and af hasn't appeared yet this month.

I'm afraid I don't have any experience of under stimulation, I was the opposite (not without it's problems as we had to abandon cycle before ET). I'm sure as you say there are others who have had this happen so perhaps they can advise you.

Hopefully there will be some other Feb sniffers to join us nearer the time!

Good luck!

Vicky

·
Registered
129 Posts
HI Vicky and Wizz

I should start injecting Buserelin on 29th Jan. Got my treatment planning appt at the clinic next week and all excited now, it's really happening. We have put off our cycle for 4 months due to family illnesses so can't wait to get going now finally. A big rush of late autumn babies would be great.

Jane

·
Premium Member
4,304 Posts
Hi girls

I should be joing you. My IUI has been cancelled this month so I should start sniffing for my first IVf in precisley 20 days time!!!

Speak soon

Love Lou xxx

·
Premium Member
4,304 Posts
P. S

I had experience of understimming on Menopur. I had my drugs changed and then I overstimmed on Puregon. I think our bodies can change from month to month!

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Great to hear from everyone. I'm trying to to be calm and laid back about it all.. but i'm not a very calm and laid back sort of person at the best of times! (much as i'd like to be!)

Paula, I know exactly what you mean about not thinking about understimulation... I was convinced that they'd overstimulate me..
They doubled the dose of menogon on day 9 in an attempt to kick start things a bit. My levels started to go up but not enough, and the follys didn't really grow much. I think I'm also going to start on the double dose next time.
I had started to feel quite nauseous and worn out when they upped the dose.. Did anyone else find this?
In retrospect not sure if it was the dose or the fact that I'd just gone back to work after christmas (I'll assume the latter for the time being!)

When we abandoned the cycle (5 days ago) she told me that I'd have a withdrawal bleed in the next couple of days and then we could start again after my next normal AF (I have 23/4 day cycle so she reckoned we'd be starting again in feb) but am still waiting for the withdrawl bleed! maybe i'm just impatient - I dare say all these extra hormones have completely confused my poor old body!

Blimey I have waffled on.. sorry about that..
wizz

·
Registered
655 Posts
Hello February girls!

Lou I'm sorry I haven't been able to post for a couple of days through technical probs & lack of access to PC.

I saw your post about NHS fiasco and think it's an appalling way to treat people going through this kind of experience.

However, glad you are going to start your IVF soon and you will be about a week or two ahead of me - how long is your cycle from day 1 sniffing to ET? With FET it's 5 weeks. Will we be on 2ww together? ;)

Deborah how is life without ****?! Imagine how fit & healthy you will be! I am also having acupuncture. I went today after a break of 4 weeks and apparently I have a blockage in my lower back which I should try to get sorted before next cycle, so I am going each week until I start sniffing. According to chinese medicine it is important that energy flow to the pelvis is not blocked to allow womb lining to develop properly & embies to implant. Well - I can only give it a go!

Generally it's really helped me, particularly my state of mind (calmer) and I've had more enegery.

Wizz I hope that withdrawl bleed happens soon - unfortunately the drugs can send your body haywire I think, not surprising really I suppose.

Paula and Janieb, glad to have some more Feb buddies aboard, good luck girls!

Love Vicky

·
Registered
129 Posts
Girls

OOh I'm getting excited now. Lou I've just noticed we'll start down ****** the same time for our first IVF's. I have been bought forward to start on cd 18 as I have a lot of short cycles, so start injecting Buserelin on the 25th Jan. Have opted to inject rather than sniff as I can guarantee a cold in Feb and I got real stonkers and couldn't bear the thought of not being able to sniff and all the cycle going belly up.

BTW any girls on Menopur, by ringing round I found the cheapest place was directly from Ferring, even our little Peterborough chemist told me he couldn't go under £14.00 per amp as that was trade price. Ferring is £12.80 per amp. Boots I laughed off the phone, extortionate prices.

Vicky, Wizz, Paula, Lou and Deborah - here's to the Feb girls.

Jane :p ;D ;D

·
Registered
169 Posts
Deborah

will do af dance for you ^banana^ ^banana^ ^banana^ ^banana^ ^banana^ ^banana^

and hope this helps if we all do it :D

So proud of you in persevering with giving up smoking and the 2 slips don't matter because at least you are still trying. Well done. I can only imagine how hard it is as I have not ever smoked. Perhaps you could pass some encouragement to my dh as I am desperate for him to give up.

We have gone as far as we can and now he needs to bite bullet and give up totally but he just isn't ready. I suppose it isn't a good time I try to understand.

I have the weight to attend to. Must go back to the gym. Havent done anything - toothache the excuse. Will go swimming this week :D

Take care
love julie anne

·
Registered
354 Posts
Hi Deb
Glad I found you - I was wondering about you and the ice babies!
Well done for giving up the ****!!! Keep up the good work. Sorry things have been delayed for you.
I hope your AF arrives soon so you can get on with things so here goes - ^banana^ ^banana^ ^banana^.
Take care Lots of love Bev H xxx

·
Registered
655 Posts
Hi all

Deborah! how frustrating!!! I know mine will be playing hide & seek this month as well...

I have all my dates worked out for starting AF next Sunday / Monday, but I've no PMT signs yet...

Wizz, are you still waiting for you AF as well?

Paula what's the secret?! & was the blood test OK?

Lou, are you all set? ;D

Today I saw a little bubba aged three days old! It was inspiring! The proud father brought her into work, she was sooo tiny and sooo precious!

Didn't get a cuddle though 'cos I was in the middle of a meeting. :(

Well off to have a read of all the other boards. H urry up all you rogue AF's!

We want some action on here! ^banana^

Love Vicky

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hi
I'm still waiting and wittering... though beginning to feel a bit PMTish (I think!!!) Who knows!! and if it's a withdrawal bleed (rather than a proper AF) that i'm waiting for - well should i be feeling PMTish anyway...??!!
I used to think I could tell what part of my cycle I was at.
Not sure what I think at the moment..
other than maybe I (?we) need to slap on a bit of abba and do a cyber dance or something..... Well maybe not ABBA cos I can't find an ABBA CD.. I'll make do with an 80s compilation instead... blue monday by new order for me at the moment... how does it feel???!!!!
wizz

·
Registered
655 Posts
LOL Wizz

Reminds me of school discos! ^banana^

That & Soft Cell Tainted Love, or Careless Whisper if you wanted some geek groping you and trying to snog.

Most importantly, did it work?!

Vicky

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Vicky
Cheers..
Nostalgia eh!! I can see the school hall now...
Vienna.. Visage (Fade to Gray).. It seems like only yesterday.
Don't think there's anything really to show for my efforts yet. Never mind.. I'll just have to try and be patient.
Wizz

·
Registered
169 Posts
Hi Deborah,

Have got dh doing ^banana^ for you af but still not working will have to get him doing that wiggle thing he does on the dance floor ;D

I must be a really old fart then cause playing latest donny osmond cd whilst posting - and I remember sighing with unmentionable thoughts at him the first time round ;D I am listening to darius's latest too so does that make me a happening old fart? ::)

Gel seems to be working with gum infection so February here I come ;D

You set such a good example with the ciggies that I am off to swimming pool this afternoon to do a few lengths.

I would carry on trying the sex thing if I were you at least you will have fun even if doesn't result in af ;D

love
julie anne xx

·
Registered
655 Posts
Hellooo

Sorry about the 80's song thing, hope you are not still humming...

"Too Shy Shy
Hush hush eye to eye"

or whatever those meaningful lyrics were...

Anyway, has anyones AF turned up yet (apart from Paula!).

If anyone is into herbal remedies, there is a premenstrual herbal treatment you can get in Sainsburies which includes Chasteberry (Agnus Castus) which is supposed to be good for balancing hormones. I took it for a month after our first cycle & my next 2 AF came bang on time.

Paula, I so would not worry about the depression thing. I had awful depression & anxiety about 5 years ago, had over 6 months off work, I was a complete wreck. There were a number of factors lead to it including work problems, IF issues, a bereavement, and everything just exploded inside me. But I'm better now! ;D

But no-one has ever questioned me on it in relation to IF tx.

How was the swim, Julie Anne! Very healthy! Better get it in now as I read you should avoid swimming pools when on 2ww / early pg.

I'm sure that's a bit of mumbo jumbo but best avoid the risks, eh.

Just rung Dr's to see if my HIV test is back - it's not - so hope AF doesn't appear just yet, 'cos clinic won't accept me for this cycle if I haven't sent them the test result!

Why is this business always so complicated?!!!

It's a waiting game from start to finish, isn't it. You need the patience of a saint to cope..!

Love Vicky

·
Registered
169 Posts
Paula there is only one problem with you dreaming you were going to marry Donny - that was my dream too. Then I swapped him for the Bay City Rollers (oh and Barry Manilow but don't tell anyone ;))

Who sang hush hush eye to eye - wasn't that catchagoogoo - spelling! ???

Have confession - didn't go swimming couldn't be bothered to get in car and drive into Ely. Sorry will try harder tomorrow. However did remake bed with clean bed linen and did iron 3 loads of washing - is that better. Make me look not so lazy. Have done some paperwork for dh too - updated his stock list and his web site (which I designed but with a lot of help) and his writing takes some deciphering so that would have burnt calories squinting at it wouldn't it.

Deborah well done with the no **** - sorry for not swimming :(

Love julie anne

·
Registered
129 Posts
Girls

I just have to add that I was a real 80's babe, in the decade I saw concerts by Wham, Duran Duran, Nik Kershaw, Kajagoogoo, Depeche Mode, Soft Cell, King, Level 42. He he. Had a giggle reading the posts.

Jane

p.s. Start down regging in 10 days!!!

·
Registered
169 Posts
Deborah

Hows the not smoking going today? Felt so guilty about not swimming yesterday that I got up and went this morning :) Swam 90 lengths of the little pool - don't get excited I think its at least 130 or more for a mile but I did feel better. dh is pleased with me too.

Hope everyone ok

love julie anne x

·
Registered
7,657 Posts
Hello Deborah,

Just wanted to jump over on this board and wish you tons of luck with tomorrow - i hope they get you started so you can start your FET soon ;D , will definately be thinking of you.

Mel

x x x

1 - 20 of 788 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.