Fertility Friends Support Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 83 Posts

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone else waiting to test?  I had FET on friday and otd is 12th February.

This is .my first treatment following the birth of my ds 17 months ago.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Hello.

I had my transfer this morning. So now in the 2ww!!!

How you feeling? X

·
Registered
72 Posts
Hi both

I’m a medicated iui patient and had my procedure yesterday. My clinic wants me to wait 16 days. I already feel like AF is on her way, although I’m aware that’s probably the Gonal/trigger shot. I start the pessaries tonight. My clinic gave me a test in a sealed envelope with my test day on the front. Going to be kept busy with work but I know it’s going to drag.

Hope you’re both ok, do any of you test the trigger out? I’m not planning on doing it but I almost wonder if doing it would at least make me feel like I’m doing something.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Hey tickety

Congrats on the transfer. This is going to be a long wait isn’t it!!!! My test date is a week on Tuesday but my husband and I are both at work that day so going to do it the Monday instead when we are both off in case is bad news.

Going to try and forget about it. I have a 2 year and a 9 month old black lab!!! So hopefully they will keep me busy.

Did you transfer 1 or 2??

Xxx

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi Gemma and tickety congratulations on being pupo.

I had a fet so no trigger to worry about.  Thinking about it all my previous cycles have been frozen.  I'm nearly a week past transfer and the meds are playing havoc with my mood. 

Both of your clinics seem to be making you wait a long time.  I had a 5 day blast transferred and my wait is 12 days.  Only 6 more sleeps..

Hes a bit of spotting yesterday.  Hoping it was implantation bleeding.

Hope you are both keeping busy and you are coping with the tww

·
Registered
72 Posts
Hi Gemma - no transfer for me, I’m medicated iui. It means injections to make up to three mature follicles (if more they can’t go ahead due to the risk of multiples) then they put a catheter through your cervix and inject washed sperm in to the uterus. It has lower success rates than ivf and I had planned on going straight for ivf but the fertility doctor recommended trying medicated iui first. Her rational was that I had a high risk of ohss (amh 85) so lower medication doses were better. I do however have pcos and do not ovulate, but that can be helped with the Gonal and the trigger shot. In the end I needed quite high doses to achieve just those three follicles. I’m glad I went for iui first as it means they have had an opportunity to learn about how I do (or don’t) respond to medication on a lower cost cycle than ivf, but I’m realistic that ivf may still be needed. I have paid for three cycles as they say if medicated iui is going to work for you it will likely be within those three cycles, and it was cheaper to pay upfront. This is my first full cycle. The last two were cancelled due to issues with my lining first time and the second due to all the follicles shrinking before maturing.

Tarapt I think the reason it’s 16 days for me is because it’s iui. If you think about it you were 5 days ahead of me when you started. Fortunately I’m no working test day. I am working days 13-15 however so I probably won’t test early.

I wake up every morning and think to myself about what stage of embryo development I would be at if it is going to plan. I know that’s weird but I’m a doctor (not a fertility doctor) so I can’t help but think back to my embryology lecture. Day 4 is differentiation. I’m aware that makes me sound like a nutter, and frankly it’s quite likely the sperm and egg missed each other completely.

Lots of bloating and pelvis aches, but I think it’s the cyclogest. I’m working this afternoon - only a  4 hour on call pop in to cover for somebody. Should make the day go quicker though.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Morning tickety. Sorry I didn’t realise. Wow I’ve never heard of this before. So interesting to read about it. Still wishing you lots of luck.

I’m not feeling much different at the moment. Apart from bloated and sore boobs xxx

·
Registered
72 Posts
Well my sore boobs went away today so I figured the trigger was officially out of my system. I caved and did a test to see if I was right. It was negative so the trigger is officially gone. I guess I decided it was helpful to know in case I decided to test at day 12 or something. I continue to feel as if AF is just around the corner but nothing else to report. It’s only day 7 so I wouldn’t really expect anything. Still it’s a tiny torture all this waiting.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Can I join please girls?

I’m officially pupo after transfer of a day 5 this morning, no embies to freeze sadly ☹ So hoping this one sticks. It’s my first go at Icsi. When is everyone’s test dates?

·
Registered
248 Posts
Hey all.

Lovely to hear from you. The 2ww is doing my head in.

Tickety - probably still too early for positive to show up. Don’t give up hope yet.

Hey maybe. Was chatting to you on other group. Welcome to the crap 2ww!!! So sorry to hear the others didn’t make it to freeze. Hopefully this one is all you need.

I really can’t call this one. Sometimes feel like I’m coming on then sometimes nothing. Felt really tired the last 2 days. But I’m putting that Down to not sleeping well. I’m meant to test next Tuesday but testing on the Monday as me and hubby are both off work. Just want to know now.

Xxx

·
Registered
72 Posts
Oh I know it’s too early for a positive, I didn’t do the test to find out if I was pregnant, just to see if the trigger was gone... and it had.

I’m not feeling much of anything now. Had all these twinges/sharp pelvic pains/back ache/sore boobs.... but that’s all gone. If I’m honest I now feel completely normal. I’m not even tired now (being off work has allowed me to catch up on sleep and that’s been a little bit of magic). I don’t feel like AF is coming. Had a lovely relaxed 3 course lunch with a friend yesterday and I sort of forgot any of this was going on (didn’t order a wine though). My test day is feb 20th (a week today) and I know I won’t test Monday - Wednesday because I’ll be in work so wouldn’t have time to process the result.

People I’ve spoken to say they go through stages of feeling like they’re definitely pregnant or definitely not. I’ve not really had a definitely pregnant moment, I mostly feel like I’m definitely not with small glimpses of hope. I’ve even spent a bit of time looking for a different donor although obviously I’m not going to buy anything until I know for certain. The post wash numbers weren’t great for this one, which disappointed me because it had never occurred to me the donor might be an issue. After all those injections, and scans every other day and all the stress trying to make it not impact work too much to find myself at exactly the stage the clinic wanted me at but the sperm to be only ok was deflating. Anyway I probably won’t use him again as a result, although the idea of choosing another is a bit overwhelming.

Good luck to us all xx

·
Registered
248 Posts
Hey tickety.

You lunch sounded lovely. I could do with one of those.

I sometimes feel pregnant then sometimes don’t. So god knows.

When you planning on testing again?

Xx

·
Registered
72 Posts
I think I know I’ll test Sunday with a first response, which will be day 12, then on the 20th as instructed (day 16).

I think we have to remember that most people who conceive naturally don’t know they’re pregnant until they miss a period. An embryo has to implant then release enough hormones to cause symptoms which it won’t for a few days -weeks. So maybe feeling pregnant at this stage isn’t really a thing. Maybe. I don’t know. That’s what I hope anyway...

·
Registered
49 Posts
Good evening ladies
I’ve just started my tww. I had a 5dt last Tuesday, so I’m three days in. Test day 25th.
I’m struggling already and want to test!!

How is everyone else? Xx

·
Registered
248 Posts
Hi harry. Welcome and congrats. The 2ww is awful. Not going to lie. Everyone says to try and forget about it. But how can you. Is this your first cycle??? 

Tickety. I’ve caved in and test!!! Now I’m mad at myself. There is a faint positive line. Should I have waited. Test day is Tuesday. Could it be a fake reading?

Xxx

·
Registered
72 Posts
Congratulations Gemma

I think a false positive seems unlikely as I’d expect the trigger to be gone if you had one (although obviously were all different, but mine has gone). A false negative would be possible but positive is probably positive.

I had a rough day yesterday. I’m super emotional, which I think is stress/hormones of impending AF. Everything made me tearful, and irrationally so, and because I knew I was being irrational I got more tearful. I’ve become convinced it hasn’t worked, which is equally irrational. How could I possibly know? But I feel like I do. Back to work for me today, hopefully time will pass quicker at least!

·
Registered
217 Posts
Hi ladies

Gemma- U can get a lot of false negitives but never heard of false positives did u have a trigger shot?

Hope u don’t mind me joining in?
Iam currently 3dpt with my first FET 2 blastocysts on board, been so positive this time except now things are starting to creep in as last cycle in October I bled on 5dpt so iam soo nervous for Monday approaching, my test day is week today 22nd, no real symptoms and haven’t had any off the progestrone neither, I keep getting like a stretching feeling in stomach and niggly back and just totally drained but that cud be with AF being due normally, I’ve never hoped and prayed so much for this to work as they were my only frozen embryo’s I had and next time it wud have to be a fully fresh cycle again and in October I was really poorly with my cycle so getting very anxious
Hope u are all well
Xx Kelly xx

·
Registered
248 Posts
Thanks ladies. 

I used a clear blue test. Haven’t test again this morning. Not testing again till tomorrow now. Official test day is Tuesday.

My trigger shot was given Wednesday 29th jan so hoping its well out of my system.

How you feeling tickety and Kelly today?

Xxx

·
Registered
49 Posts
Morning all
I’m really cross with myself, tested this morning and of course it was bfn. I’m 5dp 5dt
My husband has been watching utube all night where ladies are getting faint lines on day 5.
Is all hope lost??
😢

·
Registered
217 Posts
Hi all

Wow how exciting Gemma, I hope that line is nice and dark tomorrow which I no it will be, keep us updated

Harry- ur deffinatly not out 5dpt is still very early and inplantion can just be happening now so none of the hcg hormone wud of been even released yet

AFM- think I am going insane iam 4dpt and head all over the place, sumtimes I think ooooo it nite be working then other min am thinking its failed and waiting for AF I feel kind of normal not many symptoms at all but think iam comparing it with last cycle but the way that turned out suppose it’s not a bad sign, how do u feel Gemma have u had many symptoms? Ave had the twinges in stomach and just so tired but that’s it

Xx Kelly xx

1 - 20 of 83 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.