Fertility Friends Support Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
61 - 80 of 83 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Hi guys. Sorry I’ve been a bit quiet. Long days at work and if I’m honest feeling a bit down about it all. Today was test day.. and I still don’t know if I’m pregnant or not. The clinic gave me a one step which had a blink and you miss it very faint second line on morning test. So I bought a boots digital (cuz they were buy one get one half price) and 2 first response. Another blink and you miss it positive on the first response, but the digital said not pregnant this afternoon. I’m waiting now to check with a first response tomorrow morning. I haven’t called the clinic to tell them if it’s worked or not because in all honesty I don’t know, I’m hoping to have a better idea tomorrow. In a way though it’s better than how I felt yesterday, at least I have some hope, although I know I have father to fall now. Fingers and toes crossed.... x

·
Registered
248 Posts
Hey tickety.

Was wondering how you were doing. I’d ring clinic tomorrow and explain. They may offer you bloods tests xx

·
Registered
72 Posts
Yes, I’m going to call the clinic today. The first response this morning still had a line but it was if anything fainter than yesterday afternoons. But still there. Yesterday however the line was very definitely pink where as this mornings line was a bit more shadow like. I did however get up 4 times over night to pee (not normal for me) so it’s quite possible the urine wasn’t all that concentrated this morning, I didn’t really need to go as I’d only been 2 hours before, but now it was morning and last night it was last night so I just automatically picked the test up without thinking. On the other hand I could just have a few cells that tried to do something but ultimately weren’t viable and they’re fading out now. I’ll see what the clinic says. They open in an hour. 

·
Registered
248 Posts
Tickety.

It’s a good sign that your weeing a lot and that you period hasn’t arrived. Try testing at dinner time. Definitely speak to clinic and explain. Be forceful with them and tell them you want a blood test xx

·
Registered
72 Posts
So I called my clinic and spoke to the nurse. She said the options were to POAS again in 48 hours or to go for a blood test, but they had no courier for bloods at the satellite clinic today so I’d have to drive to the main clinic - which is 2.5 hours each way. Therefore I called my gp practice (literally around the corner) and explained the situation. They’ve kindly booked me for bloods at 11:20 today. I don’t know if they’ll get the results back today but at least it’s something, and if they do they’ll call me.

I wonder if I’ve implanted late and that’s why the results are faint. I had some brownish discharge Tuesday and was convinced period was coming... and then it didn’t. Since then nothing at all. I wonder if that was implantation? I think only time will tell if this ends up being a viable something or not, which is hard to admit as obviously I just want to know.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Hey tickety.

That’s good the docs did your bloods. They will need to do them again on Monday. So whatever results is today. I need to have doubled on Monday. Keep us updated xxxx 

·
Registered
49 Posts
Praying for you tickety.
My test today (10dp5dt) was negative, so I’m pretty gutted. I’ve had 3 very faint line tests, last one on day 8, so I’m guessing the embryos didn’t make it any further. My husband still thinks there’s a chance on OTD on Tuesday but I feel they have gone. All the symptoms I had have gone 😢

·
Registered
72 Posts
Harry - fingers crossed for your OTD. I had negatives from 7days post trigger until yesterday which was my official test day.

Well this afternoon things have changed a little. I just had a feeling to try a digital again. It was positive, I then tried the one from my work bag and that was positive, I then tried another digital and that was positive (1-2 week) and my first response this afternoon gave me a nice strong line. So as unlikely as it seemed at one point in the last 2 weeks it’s now looking like it might possibly have worked.

I called my clinic back and told them about the testing madness. They’ve booked me for a scan March 11th. I’m in shock, and I’m delighted, and I’m terrified it’s all going to go wrong.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Oh wow that’s fantastic, so so thrilled for you, fingers crossed it all goes well. Have a wonderful day....you must be floating on air 😃 xx

·
Registered
77 Posts
Congratulations ticketyboo 😃

·
Registered
248 Posts
Harry. Still maybe too early for tests. Also your urine might have been diluted. Test again in a couple of days.

Tickety. Perfect. Congratulations. So happy for you xxx

·
Registered
49 Posts
This is a bit gross but today I have fluid coming out of both my nipples, when squeezed. Is this a side effect of the progesterone and oestrogen? Or my wishful thinking is hoping for pregnancy signs ? Xx 

·
Registered
248 Posts
Hey Harry. I haven’t heard of that before. Strange.

Have you tested again? Xx

·
Registered
181 Posts
Hey guys, can I join?? Currently in the 2ww and it's driving me insane. I was told my chances of success were low because embryo transferred wasn't looking great. But still worth transferring. So felt very negative from the get go. Then I started to have every symptom going which mirrored my first cycle which resulted in my son. And I remember even the pressure and niggles on one side, and I had very bad period type cramps around 'implantation time'which then totslly disappeared for about 4 days. But I've caved and tested 8dp5dt and it's negative. Feel like an idiot for thinking i was pregnant....however holding out a little hope for otd on weds. 💓💓 this process is so difficult. I hope you are all doing ok and big congrats to all who have gotten a bfp 👍😊 xxx

·
Registered
49 Posts
Hi Teenyweeny
I also thought I was pregnant and did a test very early, 5dp5dt which of course was bfn. But I did then get 3 faint lines, but as of 10dp5dt bfn again so I’m totally gutted. My OTD is tomorrow and then again on Thursday if it’s negative. I no I’m not pregnant but still have that hope maybe it will change by tomorrow.
I’ve got 2 Frosties so I’m already planning my trip to get them in my head.

Fingers crossed for you xx

·
Registered
181 Posts
I'm sorry Harry that sounds difficult, was it the same brand of tests you used? Good luck for otd and that's great news you have 2 in the freezer. We don't have any and this our last try it feels so final. Xx

·
Registered
49 Posts
I started with Sainsbury’s own but then changed to first response, had 2 days of faint lines on first response and one on the Sainsbury’s one.
It’s so hard as I got so excited but I’ve obviously lost them.
I know how it feels to face the last time.  I did 2 cycles two years ago and my DH said that was it, he could not cope with it emotionally or financially. But he has had a sudden change of heart and desperately wants a baby now. I’m 46 now so was told I’m too old to use own eggs so it’s been very hard coming to terms with using a donor, but it was that or DH wouldn’t go ahead as too much money with virtually no chance.

I really pray you get a positive, it’s just so heartbreaking, I’ve secretly cried frequently over the last 2 yrs thinking that was it, it’s very painful xx

·
Registered
24 Posts
Hi there,
I've never posted on a forum before. But the tww is really very tough and I thought it would be helpful to share the experiences with those also going through it.
I've read your recent posts teeny and harry. Wishing the very best for you at such a hard time.
I go for my beta on Friday. My HPT have all been negative so far since 5DP5DT. This is our fourth and last cycle. My first cycle was cancelled due to poor response, and so was my third. My second cycle resulted in a pregnancy but miscarried at 11 weeks. We only had one euploid embryo following PGS testing with my own eggs, which is this FET cycle. I'm 43 and physically, emotionally and financially this is it now.
All the best to everyone.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Thanku for your kind words Harry and artistliz and welcome to the forum!!

Harry- wow can't believe hubby had a change of heart I totally understand with the egg situation. Have you tried anymore tests? I'm sorry you have had a bit of excitement to have it taken from you it's such a very cruel process. Sending love. And wishing you success with your 2 frosties. Xx I know the financial burden is a lot. And the process is just so draining. I'm 34 and I've found it so much harder than when we first started 4 years ago. Body is done in!

Artistliz - welcome! And wishing you all the very best luck for Friday. You have not had an easy journey either. It is very very tough going. Please let us know how you get on. Xx

As for me it was a BFN this morning no hint of a line and my period beat me to the official test by arrive through the night, it's never broke through the pessaries before but there we go. Oh and hubby fell out with me because I done a sneaky test 2 days ago and feels I've robbed him of the excitement of a test. Who knew you could get a negative result and also fall out with your hubby at the same time! Gutted but I expected it and I am forever grateful we do have a son already so really I am being greedy. I pray that you both do end up with success you deserve it xxx

61 - 80 of 83 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.