Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
121 - 140 of 158 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Hi everyone,

Just to give some hope to others in a similar boat - my AMH is 4.6 I am 33 with less then one ovary. We weren't predicted much but we were advised it was a now or never time for us to try and my body wasn't showing signs of slowing down with all the cysts and tumours so we went private through Bradford and Leeds at Seacroft ... we were predicted 3-4 eggs at EC, we got 8! 6 fertilised and 5 made it to blasto stage - we have 2 in the freezer and 1 currently with us at 6.2 weeks with a HB seen today. So don't give up, my body has surprised everyone I think - so always keep the faith as you just never know!

Hugs to everyone and stay strong. ^reiki^  ^pray^ ^hugme^

·
Registered
130 Posts
Hi Whiteice23

Congratulations  :)

Wow after reading your history you totally deserve it.. you must have been over the moon today when you heard the HB.

We have just changed clinics and from the Chaucer Canterbury to Chelsfield hospital as no consultant currently in place and we are keen to have a 2nd go!  Hoping we can start mid October.  So far all we have and is negative news and only managed to get one egg last try and we was told we were lucky to even get that!! So quite worried this will happen again, however you have a lower AMH and managed to get 8 so you do give me hope.. thank you ^hugme^

Really wishing you all the best over the 9 months look after yourself x

·
Registered
100 Posts
Hi Hope,

Im so pleased my story helped you, I know when we were starting this process we frantically searched for stories of hope to keep us motivated through the stressful journey of IVF.

I was taking feroglobin for 3 months previously and I was eating plenty of avocado and protein based foods, but I still had wine and chocolate too when I wanted it and took a holiday too!

I hope it works for you and I wish you lots of luck  ^reiki^ ^hugme^ ^pray^ xxxx

·
Registered
2,700 Posts
So glad ive found this thread!
bookmarking

·
Registered
3,190 Posts
MandyPandy said:
I'm still only halfway through my pregnancy but I will post so that the information is here for others anyway:

Level of amh: 2.49

Number of afc: N/A

Number of eggs at ec: N/A

Number of treatments: See signature

Dose of drug and long or short protocol: N/A

I thought I'd post my details to give hope to others - although I hope I don't manage to do the opposite! After being told several years ago that I would need to use donor eggs due to my low AMH, I went on to have several cycles using my own eggs resulting in extremely good embryos and I even currently have two frozen. However, unfortunately the pressure and stress of treatment got to me and I decided to call it a day in September 2012.

In February this year I decided to move ahead with my surrogate. I was down regging (short) to get ready to start treatment in order to get embryos in March. I had to wait for AF to come so I could start stimms - AF never arrived so I did a test (thinking: 'Oh yes - chortle chortle - as if') and it came up straight away saying 'pregnant'. So after all the heartache and trauma, it happened naturally for me just 5 months after deciding to call a halt to it all. I'm now 18 and a half weeks and so far, so good *touches wood* :)

EDIT: I gave birth to a beautiful, healthy little girl on 2.11.2013, so all's well that ends well. :)
...and here I am again. :)

Level of amh: No idea but it was 2.49 when I was 36 so it's bound to be a lot less now!

Number of afc: N/A

Number of eggs at ec: N/A

Number of treatments: See signature

Dose of drug and long or short protocol: N/A

I'm currently 16 weeks pregnant with my second natural conception.

I was told before I'd even had my first treatment 5 years ago not to bother with my own eggs and to move straight to donor. I didn't listen.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Hi Mandypandy, that's fantastic news. Congratulations on your (2nd!!) pregnancy.

Can I ask if you also have high FSH as well as low AMH?

·
Registered
3,190 Posts
Puddy tat said:
Hi Mandypandy, that's fantastic news. Congratulations on your (2nd!!) pregnancy.

Can I ask if you also have high FSH as well as low AMH?
Thank you!

I know that when I last had my FSH tested (when I cycled with ARGC around May 2011 - when I was 36) I think my FSH was around 10 or 11 so it is bound to be WAY higher now (I turn 41 next month)

·
Registered
65 Posts
Unfortunately this doesn't have a happy ending, but after getting pregnant with an AMH of 0.7p/mol after IVF in 2013 and having a healthy baby boy, we have just had a surprise natural BFP - even though surely my AMH must be about 0 by now.

Sadly I have miscarried, but it shows you can get pregnant naturally with a very very very low AMH.

·
Registered
778 Posts
Hi all,

I last had my AMH tested in 2010 and it was 5.94, I had IUI with donor sperm and had my daughter in 2013. I've been trying to have another baby, but had two miscarriages. My FSH is 13.9. Am guessing my AMH is a lot lower now!

Congrats Mandypandy!

x

·
Registered
539 Posts
Hi everyone.  I think I have remembered my results correctly but most recent FHS was 14.5 and AMH 1.1

The NHS wouldn't treat us and a private clinic said we had less than 1% chance of success.

We went ahead anyway with ICSI at Oxford in October and Im currently just over 6 weeks pregnant.  I am very shocked and thankful but also very nervous incase I miss carry or maybe already have and didn't realise. 

I've got an eight week scan on 16/12 so if that goes well I'll relax by about 5% lol.  It's either going to be the best or worst Christmas ever.

But that said overall I feel much more positive about my chances and if we need to give it another go we will.  Which is a very different place to where I was in March when I got my diagnosis.  Dark times. 

Everything crossed for everyone on this thread and congrants to all the BFP's

·
Registered
191 Posts
Hi everyone apologies for gatecrashing. Sally Liz am so sorry for your loss.xx

I've not been here for a long time but am feeling particularly despondent. Have had three IVF, one IUI, one tandem cycle and one timed intercourse with HCG, no success.

My AMH is 0.5 so after reading what others think constitutes a low AMH I'm wondering if there's really any point in any of this for me. Was going to get a hysteroscopy as never had one (just laparoscopy and HSG) but am starting to wonder if I should just accept and move on. Any advice? Apologies again for gatecrashing, hope everyone's well.xx

·
Registered
3,190 Posts
^hugme^

One thing I used to absolutely hate when going through it all, was people telling me that such a person got pregnant with a low AMH or such a person got pregnant naturally after giving up on treatment, etc.  I just used to think: 'Well that's just bloody fantastic for them, but how on earth does that relate to me?!'; but tbh, I don't know what else to say. ^hugme^

All I can tell you, is that my AMH was 2.49 when I was 36 and I was told to go for donor eggs.  It had been 5.4 only 10 months previously so with that downward trend, I can only imagine how bad it was when I actually did get pregnant 2 years later (yes, I'm afraid to say, after walking away from treatment for good).  It can't possibly have been much more than yours is now, if that.  To then get pregnant again 2 years after that just beggars belief.  My previous consultants had given up on me and were absolutely gobsmacked.

All I can tell you is that yes, it is possible.  It is possible for it to work with treatment and it is possible for it to work naturally.  It's just a damn sight harder than it is for most people.  The only bit of advice I can give you, is to not stop TTC naturally while waiting for other things.  With DD, as I had given up hope of ever getting pg, I did not do anything special.  It was a complete coincidence as I had no idea when I'd ov'd and it was one hell of a shock (I was actually D/R for a surrogate cycle and waiting for AF so I could start stimms. AF never arrived).

However, with this pg, I did track OV.  I also used 'Conceive Plus pre seed' and followed the 'Sperm Meets Egg Plan'.  It was a complete shock when it worked, as all I could think was 'this doesn't happen.  We don't just try and it happens.  This happens to other people.' but it can and did happen. 

I truly wish I had followed this plan before as who knows what heartache I could have been saved.  TBH, I hadn't actually previously heard of it.  With all of the treatment, DH and I had given up on TTC ourselves and tbh, not just BMS but any other kind of sex was a thing of the past.  I had given up all hope of ever getting pg so just didn't put any energy into it.

·
Registered
3,190 Posts
Louie21 said:
Hi all,

I last had my AMH tested in 2010 and it was 5.94, I had IUI with donor sperm and had my daughter in 2013. I've been trying to have another baby, but had two miscarriages. My FSH is 13.9. Am guessing my AMH is a lot lower now!

Congrats Mandypandy!

x
Thank you! I'm so sorry, I hadn't seen your post before.

I have all my fingers and toes crossed for you.

Big hugs

xxx

·
Registered
65 Posts
Val 74, I can only agree with what MandyPandy says, even with such a low amh you do still have a chance. You still have some eggs, you can still ovulate, therefore you can still get pregnant.

As for me, well I'm back on the rollercoaster again after magically/miraculously/stupidly? (I'm not sure which yet) managing to get pregnant naturally AGAIN within 6 weeks after my miscarriage in October. I am currently 6 weeks pregnant, but not feeling at all optimistic for a positive outcome.

I am still utterly astonished to have two natural BFPs so close together after never falling pregnant naturally before, when in April 2011 I was basically written off by my consultant and told our chances of conceiving naturally were close to zero because of my low AMH. And yet here I am nearly 5 years later and I still seem to have eggs left...

Wishing you all the luck in the world xxx

·
Registered
673 Posts
Sally liz, huge huge congrats and keeping everything crossed for you! xx

·
Registered
186 Posts
Hi all,

I'm not sure if this is still ok but here are my results to give others hope:

The figures below were for my first pregnancy

Amh 3.2 (apparently it's 4.8 now)

Age 30

Follicle count 7

EC 8

No fertilised through IVF 3

2 day transfer, 1embryo

Non frozen

Long protocol: gonal f 225

Hope this helps? X

·
Registered
673 Posts
First cycle: Sept 15 - eggs frozen & fertilised with eggs from second cycle, none transferred or frozen as none made it to blast

(eggs were frozen unfertilised due to DH being unwell on day of EC and issues with a fresh sample - cycle would have had to be freeze-all anyway due to crap lining)

AMH: 1.5
FSH: 17.6 in July 15, then 9.5 in Aug 15
AFC: 5 at baseline
Eggs at EC: 7, 6 mature, 6 eggs frozen unfertilised and thawed in Jan 16
Eggs fertilised (with fresh eggs from IVF #2): 6 suitable for ICSI, 4 fertilised, none made it to blast
Tx: Short protocol
Drugs: 450iu Gonal-F for 4 days, dropped to 300iu for 3 days, and 225iu for 5 days. Cetrotide started on day 5 of stims.

Second cycle: Jan 16 - BFP
AMH & FSH were not retested
AFC: 10 at baseline
Eggs at EC: 17 mature
Eggs fertilised: 12 fertilised, 7 made it blast, 1 x 4AA transferred on day 5 + 4 blasts frozen
Tx: Short protocol
Drugs: 450iu Gonal-F for 6 days, dropped to 25iu for 3 days, and 225iu for 5 days. Cetrotide started on day 7 of stims. Progynova  (2mg x 3 times daily) added in on day of trigger and continued throughout due to thin endometrial lining. Cyclogest also taken from EC as per usual.

For my first cycle I had been on supplements for egg quality for only 6 weeks. However by the time of my second cycle I had been taking them for over 4 months i.e. the duration of the egg maturation process - I don’t know if this made any difference but there was a substantial difference in my egg quantity and quality between both rounds, so I’m inclined to think there was:

DHEA 75mg
CoQ10 (ubiquinol) 300mg
Resveratrol
Melatonin (during stims only)
Vitamin D 10,000iu
Vitamin E 1,000iu
Vitamin C 500mg
Zita West Vitafem prenatal
Zita West DHA fish oils
Selenium
Folic acid 5mg (I have epilepsy hence take the prescription strength)
+daily fresh wheatgrass shots in the run up to the cycle

I tried to eat relatively high protein in the months leading up to the cycle, and went very heavy on the protein whilst stimming (aiming for 60g a day minimum - can recommend Purition whole food protein powder for an extra boost, lovely mixed in with greek yogurt and a drizzle of honey)

I did do acupuncture although I am sceptical as to how much it actually did vs making me feel as though I did something proactive

I did find listening to hypnotherapy / guided meditation MP3s at night an absolute lifesaver, really chilled me out.

I’m only 5+2 so who knows if this BFP will lead to a baby in 9 months time, but for now I am pregnant :)

·
Registered
65 Posts
Just an update to an earlier post - I'm now the blessed nun of 2 boys after a surprise natural BFP - 4 years after my doctors told me I'd never conceive naturally due to my almost non-existent egg reserve.

We weren't TTC, I wasn't taking any supplements, and my diet was high in fat and very unhealthy (mainly due to a lack of time and energy after looking after DS1)... In fact I was about 3 stone heavier than when I had my original AMH test.

Although I never believed in miracles, it seems that they can and do happen every day.

Xxx

·
Registered
163 Posts
My stats are in sig but I will post here again

AMH 1.0
FSH 16.8
Antral follicle count 4

Went to doc in February about irregular cycles, was referred to gynae who thought my ovaries looked quiet and tested for AMH.  Got these results back.  I was told if we wanted to have a baby we probably should look at IVF straight away.  Another scan found a large endometrial polyp which was promptly removed.  Got pregnant naturally in April, with twins.  I am 28 weeks now and all going well so far.

·
Registered
441 Posts
Congratulations Springy8! Good luck with the rest of your pregnancy.

I just found out today that my AMH is 2.9. It was around 8 i think 3 yrs ago when we conceived DD via our 3rd round of ICSI. We had the following then:
- Long protocol - 2 eggs - 1 embryo - BFN
- Flare protocol - 5 eggs - 5 embryos - 2 put back - BFN
- Flare protocol - 2 eggs - 1 embryo - BFP! DD born Feb 2015.
- FET from 2nd cycle recently - BFN. Hence the recent AMH blood test. Bit of a shock to see how much it's dropped so it's try again with mild IVF and see what happens... Started Co-Q10 and considering DHEA but nervous...

121 - 140 of 158 Posts