Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
907 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I am 38 weeks and 5 days pg now (due date 20/05/08)  and since yesterday have felt like well crap really.
Yesterday am I suddenly started getting frequent urges to go to the bathroom to pass water- with some trickling down my legs (lovely)- then I passed a HUGE amount of mucous (no real blood streaks but during the day was tinged pink occasionally).  Then I started to get really painful tummy tightenings which lasted maybe half a minute but took my breath away and occured every 10 to 15 mins for the rest of the day and overnight.  Today (Sunday) am shattered, but am getting a lot of low backache which is very painful - coming and going, and tummy tightenings which are not as frequent as Saturday (could they just have been apinful Braxton Hicks (am only 4 ft 11 and carrying an averaged sized baby).  Baby moving well and HB good on my doppler machine.
Am due to see my Consultant tomorrow (Monday)
I have spoken to our Delivery Suite Assessment Unit on 2 occasions - and she said pains should come about 5 mins apart and last one minute before ideal admission.
I just feel a wuss. Do you think it is my body gearing up for the big day?  Mum In Law questioned re waters and I said I didnt think I had leaked any fluid - but surely I would have known if I had????????
She then wondered if it was my ligaments stretching and accomodating baby which may well be more engaged now inpelvic area.
Grateful for your advice.
AJ

·
Premium Member
2,745 Posts
Hi

it does sound like the beginning of labour and unless you are already on labour ward, try warm baths, a couple of paracetamol and rest.

Take care x

1 - 2 of 2 Posts