Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i will be starting IVF in june, its my first attempt. i am desperate to have a child and i now think that i am depressed because it hurts me to see any pregnant women and people with babies.  i get upset every day and even more so when i see someone who is pregnant. please can any one tell me if they have had the same feelings and how do you cope with these feelings.

·
Registered
59 Posts
hey Northernbird  :) I know exactly what u mean, i think everyone going threw this is prob the same. I was really down in the dumps for a while, as soon as u start trying all u see is pregnant people? everywhere! And when someone tells you they are pregnant u say congrats and get away asap so u can cry and cry and cry! I feel like a bitter person sometimes for the way i feel, Im going through my first ivf, EC hopefully wed, im scared and worried but trying to be positive, I hope you feel a bit better once everything has started, i know i do now the ball is rolling, good luck with ur treatment  ^hugme^ xxxx

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
Northernbird - The best advice I can give you is to find the June/july treatment thread & you will find lots of support from a lovely bunch of girls who know exactly how you feel right now.

·
Registered
270 Posts
I have sort of the opposite problem - nobody wants to tell me when they get pregnant in case I turn into a jibbering wreck.  When my friend got pregnant with her thrid baby last year, she cried when she told me, as she felt guilty about it.  Of course I get that pang of "oh I wish it would happen for me", but although I'm bound to feel a little jealous, I wish them all the luck in their pregnancy.  I felt absolutely awful when my Sister-in-law got pregnant a while back and I was so jealous and then she miscarried -god did I feel bad - I felt like I had wished it away.
Think positive thoughts for yourself and I'm sure it will happen for you too and will be the best experience of your life!
Good Luck!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts