Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,001 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last week i ended up in hospital because of the pain i was having... and they think its gallstones i now have a scan date for May 12th (this was an urgent appointment too  ::)) problem is i now have a pain in my right side its like a dull ache but it is there constantly... not like my gallbladder pain at all... i feel very very tired (getting dressed tires me out so badly) i've spent 2 days in bed and have only eaten a small portion of noodles and 2 ice lollies in that time because i feel sick and dizzy all the time... i cannot bare the thought of putting food in my mouth... icant even force foood down today because i feel so sick... I have spoken to my GP who said i didnt need an appointment just some anti sickness tabs... i have some of those and have taken them but it doesnt help... even water makes me retch and feel very ill too. I cant regulate my body temp... its always between 36C and 37C but sometimes my hands and feet are icy cold and my face is on fire and sometimes its just my body thats cold and my face is hot (its glows)

I'm so tired of fighting for them to listen to me... i know i'm not well i can feel it... everyone who sees me is horrified at how poorly i look.. i hate being treated like a hypochondriac and am so close to just giving up...i'm so depressed because of the state im in and spending so much time out of action. I dont know what to do anymore

Bekie

·
Premium Member
6,719 Posts
Sorry you are feeling so poorly, hun  ^hugme^

Can you go back to the Ward that you were on last week?
If not, I would bypass your GP and go to A&E.

Take care of you - I hope you feel better soon

Love
Dee
xxx

·
Premium Member
3,001 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The problem with A+E is that they dont really understand whats wrong with me... when i had tests there they told my liver function was abnormal and how much did i drink? Had i been away to anywhere exotic and when they drew a blank they couldnt get me out of there quick enough!  I was on a day case ward and so they only intended me to be there for a full day but because non of the tests they wanted done could be managed quick enough they sent me home....  I feel like if i go back they'll just end up sending me home again and i'll be no better off

·
Premium Member
6,719 Posts
I'm not a doctor but if you are feeling as bad as you say, then you really shouldn't wait until the 12th May to be seen.

You must either insist on seeing your GP or go to A&E

Dee
xxx

·
Registered
3,899 Posts
get down a&e again lovey ^bigbad^ ^hugme^ you had much fluid or anything???

·
Premium Member
14,698 Posts
I would ring your gp and insist on an appointment this afternoon! If they wont give you one I would take yourself down to a&e !

I had the same thing when I had gallstones, the dr fobbed me off and it turned out I had a raging infection and my bilarubin (sp) was one of the highest the consultant at the hossie had ever seen!

x

·
Premium Member
3,001 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I am managing fluids because i have had a gastric bypass its very unusual for me to be sick (and its just white foam that comes up, because of my replumbing) but i feel so sick after drinking i'm forcing myself too... i just cant manage that with food....

I am very tempted to go A+E as the dizziness is getting worse... i just hate hospitals so bad and i'm so tired of them fobbing me off i feel like a right idiot when i go in  :(

·
Premium Member
11,096 Posts
Oh gosh Bee  ^hugme^ ^hugme^

You poor thing - it sounds awful.

I know it hard when you keep getting fobbed off - coming from somebody who had cystitis for 12 years before I got a diagnosis of a bladder disease  ^bigbad^ ^bigbad^. But you can't carry on like this - I would agree with trying the doctors and A&E again xxxxxx

·
Registered
430 Posts
Very poor of A&E to associate your altered LFT's with drinking etc as they are know to be related to gallstones.

Can you maybe afford to pay privately for an ultrasound scan to see whether you do indeed have gallstones?  If there are no stones at least they can start coming up with a possible alternative.

Best of luck hunny

·
Premium Member
9,716 Posts
Hi Bekie

How are you now?  Your LFT's will be affected by gallstones (mine were) and the symptoms you describe are very similar to how I was with mine, however you do need to go to A&E and be assertive insist you are seen by the Consultant on-call and don't be fobbed off with some junior doctor who just looks confused.

One of the problems you will experience is that it's very rare for someone so young to get gallstones.  I had exactly the same problem, I was 24 when I had them and they refused to acknowledge what they were for months and i was in agony and it was only when I turned up at A&E as yellow as a banana with jaundice that they took me seriously.  If I had my time to go again I would've been a lot more assertive much earlier on.

^hugme^ It truly is a horrible thing to have ^hugme^

Take care

Axxxx

·
Registered
430 Posts
Mandy,

I work with patients have ultrasound scans and gallstones in youg people are more common than people tend to think.  We see a lot of 18yr olds with gallstones.

I have them myself and they were diagnosed when i was 25, again i had massively deranged LFTs, was very yellow and had to collapse at home before hosp would even see me!!  Ive not had a cholecystectomy as i try to manage on a low fat diet which is the best option for me - but we're all very different.

Bekie - just be very insistent if/when you get to A&E - only you know how bad you feel and they have no right to fob you off.

·
Premium Member
9,716 Posts
EJWales - They must have become more prevalent in the last 15 years then perhaps as I was the youngest ever patient to have a cholecystectomy at Blackpool Victoria! :)  If you're managing it with diet then that's great, I wasn't able to do this I had the pain no matter what I ate and getting it removed was best thing for me.

Bekie - I hope you're feeling a bit better ^hugme^

Axxx

·
Premium Member
14,698 Posts
hope you are feeling better bee ? ^hugme^

Amanda - I had pain continuously also so they had to remove mine

xx

·
Premium Member
9,716 Posts
I remember you having yours removed Suzie, was that last year or year before?

I didn't believe that you could suffer so much pain from something so small.  Could do with a few temporarily at mo though to lose some weight! :-[  Gonna do Cambridge I think for a big quick win!  I'm so flippin miserable at mo with it!

Axxxx

·
Premium Member
14,698 Posts
year before last ^scared^ shocking where the time goes!

Weight! ohh the weight! I have to go low carb starting tomorrow again ! :(

xx

·
Registered
6,258 Posts
looks like everyone is starting a new "lifestyle change"

amanda  ^hugme^ goodluck with the cambridge

Suzie you too hun goodluck

Bee  ^hugme^ hope you have been to see someone, you have been through a lot physically + emotionally + this is something you could have done without so i hope they find the cause ASAP so you can get on with things  ^hugme^ let us know how you have gotton on

xxx

1 - 16 of 16 Posts