Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I would really apprecaite some input and experiences. To be honest I expect I am being completely paranoid but that's what this tx does to us!

We tested yesterday 14dpt and got a positive with ClearBlue. It was obviously positive but not a strong blue line, more towards the fainter side of the range they show on their leaflet. I started worrying last night that it was too faint. My clinic do not do blood tests so I do not have that for reassurance. Scan is not until 7 weeks.

I did another test this morning: standard ClearBlue was about the same, still faint no stronger than yesterday. Clearblue Digital said "Pregnant". I know I am being silly but can any of you share if you got a faint line to start with and have gone on to have a successful pregnancy? Did you test again? How soon until you saw a stronger result.

Thanks for your help, I am driving myself mad!

Love MeganXX

·
Registered
237 Posts
Hi Megan...And congrats - all I can say to you is that even though my tests I did were positive I know what you mean about them not being that dark, I think its normal, also remember that pregnancy tests are not there to show a line getting darker over time (thats not their job) merely to show you that they detect the pregnancy hormone -at whatever level..so my advice is not to expect it to go darker -a line is a line is a line..end of!!! So go and be happy -its really happened for you - congratulations!

Penny

·
Premium Member
1,245 Posts
Hi Megan

COngrats on your  ^BFP^.  When I tested on clearblue digital I got two positives, didn't believe that could be right and thought I must have bought a dud batch  ^idiot^ so bought first response and got another positive, have done two more since and there's your answer!  i think we are so desperate to become pg, that when it happens we just cannot believe it!

COme and join us on the bun in the oven, waiting for the first scan when the news sinks in  :)

Niki x

·
Registered
387 Posts
Hi Megan

My first test which was Clear Blue was so feint we couldn't actually make out whether the line was there or not (BUT I did test on day 12pt, naughty I know)!!  Anyway, tested again on day 14 with First Response and it was darker than the first, but still really feint.  I never got a really dark positive line - and as you can see I'm now 27 weeks pregnant!!

My clinic don't do bloods either, so like you - had to wait nearly 3 weeks for my first scan.  What a long 3 weeks that was!!!

Good luck, and congratulations.

Kim
xxx

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Penny, Niki and Kim,
Thnaks for putting my mind at ease a bit. I really appreciate. I am going to stop doing tests and try and stay calm until the scan. Still can't believe it!
Good luck to you all,
Love MeganXXX

·
Registered
949 Posts
Megan

Congratulations on your BFP!

I got a very faint line when I did my first test but I was very naughty and tested 4 days before my official test date!  Left it a day  and tested the following day when the line got slightly darker then tested another twice when the line got even darker still!

Think I read somewhere that it really doesn't matter how faint the line is - a line is a line and therefore a positive so just relax now and enjoy your pregnancy!

I am now 12+4 with twins and still not quite believing that I have gotten this far!

Hope you have a happy and healthy pregnancy!

Take care

Love

Karen xxx

·
Premium Member
4,658 Posts
Megan

Congratulations on your  ^BFP^, don't worry about it being faint, I still have my first 2 tests (day 12 and 13) and the line is faint on both, when I did the hospital one on the correct day (day 14) I couldn't tell it either way so had to go out and get some digital tests.  As you can see by my ticker I'm due to pop any minute.

Love Mish x

·
Registered
187 Posts
Hi Mgan

CONGRATULATIONS
A line is a line.  I only ever got a very faint line.

Take care lshack xx

·
Premium Member
2,831 Posts
I LOVE GOOD NEWS!!!!!!!!!!!!!
CONGRATULATIONS AND HERE'S TO A HAPPY AND HEALTHY PREGNANCY
^banana^ ^banana^ ^banana^ ^banana^ ^jumpin^ ^jumpin^ ^jumpin^ ^jumpin^ ^BFP^

G

·
Congrats on your BFP Megan  ;D ;D I did a home test on the day of my hossie test and it was v.v.faint.  I now have a fantastic baby boy, so I reckon you are pregnant - yay !!!!!!!!!!!!

love

Sarah Lou xxx

·
Registered
86 Posts
Hi

I always thought a line was a line, or in my case if Clearblue Digital said "Pregnant" then you were

Unfortuinately in my case i had a false positive and i was not pregnant

I am sure this is not the case with you but always be cautious, a line is not always a BFP!

Best of luck

samx

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.