Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
dear ladies

l would like to ask please if Fenugreek tea helps increase milk supply

Last time my dd did not want to feed for long periods of time (2 mins max) so had to bottle feed her from 3 months onwards as she just was not getting enough from me.

I read somewhere that since l had retained placenta that could of caused problems and that taking Fenugreek tea would increase my milk supply

Just panicking ahead of this new one due next year and wondering what l could be doing from now to help my milk along.

Many thanks for your help  ^hugme^

·
Registered
999 Posts
I'm currently taking fenugreek capsules (which I find ironic as I had oversupply and forceful let down for the first 6 months!), but i think my periods are playing havoc with my hormones. I have noticed an increase in supply. Haven't noticed a funny smell although my wee does smell of maple syrup (it's used to make artificial maple syrup).
I believe that no two breastfeeding experiences are the same, so it's likely to be different with the little one on the way.
I opted for the capsules as they can be made into tea or just taken as a capsule.
Hope everything goes well, and at the first sign of any difficulties get plenty of input from some qualified breastfeeding professionals. I didn't always find the advice from all of our local health visitors to always be accurate or comprehensive, so if in doubt seek out your local support.

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thank you chux and tracey

i did come across that article by jeneatte thanks chux but everything l seem to be reading is all to do with when baby is here

was wondering if there is anything l can start doing from now to help - or is there not much realistically

appreciate all your help  ^hugme^ 

·
Premium Member
20,424 Posts
I'm not sure there's anything you can do now as you'll have colostrum for the first few days anyway before your milk comes in.

The best thing to do is get your LO latched on as soon as you can and as much as you can in those first few days/weeks and perhaps stock up on tea to start drinking from early on too.

Remember no two experiences will be the same so fingers crossed this time things will be easier for you.

Chux xx

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
I swear  by fennel tea. It definitely worked for me though I hate hate hate the taste!!!
Tracy...I think periods do affect your supply. Mine came back recently and I actually had to wrestle J onto the boob until I thought 'whoa...what am I doing here?' heehee....it kind of improved once my period finished but I can tell my supply has definitely gone waaay downhill now and having almost reached our 12 month milestone I've decided not to try and up my supply again.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.