Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

We are starting treatment at the end of next month and like everyone, we're trying to be a proactive as possible.  Do any of you ladies have any advice? 

thanks

Lindsey

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
hi,

good luck with your forthcoming cycle...

my advice would be do what you feel comfortable with...

i did everything on my first cycle... lived like a nun for months prior to it, increased my protein intake during stimming, pineapple, brazil nuts in the 2ww etc and got a BFN with not that great embryos...

2nd time round i added in acupuncture, heat pads in stimming and the cycle was abandoned due to poor response...

3rd time round we thought screw that and just reverted to normal life, had a fantastic cycle and got our son and 12 further frozen blastocysts... all i did was take the whole of the 2ww off work...

so i would def say trying to relax is the most important thing...

but am sure others out there will recommend the foods etc for cycling as i have deliberatly forgotten...

tikki

·
Registered
5,661 Posts
Hi Lindsey,

Try and not obsess about it (I'm the worst to be saying that though).  You can do basic things like don't smoke or drink, up your protein intake, limit soy, limit caffiene, drink lots of water.

Some take brazil nuts to improve lining and drink pineapple juice (do a search as there's one form that's better, but I forget which one..pesonally, I just didnt' drink it).

Some also say that warmth is good for growing follies so they use a heating pack.  It'll help after EC, but just dont' use it once you have ET as it's not good for implantation.

Good luck to you.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts