Fertility Friends Support Forum banner

Fet it does work !

7K views 38 replies 27 participants last post by  1Baby2Luv 
#1 ·
Hi there,
Im new to this site so you will have to bear with me !
DH and i have been ttc for 3 years .Tried 6 months of clomid = Failed, Tried icsi 1st ended in a - second cycle abandoned due to hiper stimmulation , where i produced 30 eggs so had them froze . 3rd cycle was a medicated FET and to our amazement tested positive ! Am now currently 21 weeks pregnant with one darling !

The reason i am posting is as ,many people know only to well the stress and the heart ach of infertility i am here to give hope to people whom like myself never thought i would ever get pregnant !

I hope my story is helps people sit back and think it does and can work ! I will be more than happy to talk to anyone embarking on the stressful long road of ivf/ icsi/Fet x

Take care
Debbie x

#2 ·
Debbie

Welcome to FF - your story will be an inspiration to us all, like you we had an FET (after 2 IVF's) and was lucky enough to become pg - i am now a very proud mummy to my baby daughter who is 10 weeks old.

Thank you for sharing your story and i am sure will be of great help to many of the girls on here.

Mel

x x

#3 ·
Wow Mel, Jessica is 10 weeks already!!!! :eek: Time sure does fly when you are having fun!! :)

Debbie - Congratulations to you x

Love Jules x

#5 ·
Thanks for the message it really helps to read some positive words.

I'm about to embark on a FET and i think i have 6 frosties - though they weren't sure about 2 of them. So i'm just waiting for the old A/f ^witch^to rear her ugly head so i can start on the HRT tablets.

Lets hope i am posting some good stories for everyone to read soon. (fingers crossed) ^bunny^
Lara

#7 ·
Hi All,

I am new to this site. Saw it on the message board when I went for my FET transfer today.. I have had one failed ICSI. Just hoping for the best this time. Any advice? Its really good to read FET success stories, especially as they are so rare.. o justme

#8 ·
Are success rates really so rare???

We have 3 precious frosties (we need DE) and have been considering their use, especially with the new legislation regarding donating - maybe we should wait now ^twitch^ - hope someone can let me know!

Love Nicky xxxxxx

#9 ·
Hi Debbie

I was just wondering what the Cromwell is like, its quite new isn't it? I live just outside of Darlington.

Hollie

#10 ·
Hi all,

So sorry for not replying earlier i couldnt get logged back on , your messages have ment a lot to me. Ive had a rough few weeks in and out of hospital but everything crossed im ok now 27 weeks on tuesday its hard to believe!

For all those waiting for FET all the luck in the world ! I hope to be on more now ive sussed the pc out ! ;D

Take care x
Debbie

p.s thank you louise for the e mail it was great hearing from you , Also gail i have everything crossed for you hun feel free to contact me anytime

#11 ·
Hollie ,

I dont know how to send you a message so i hope you read this ! The cromwell are amazing i to was at james cook first , if you need any advice feel free to contact me .

P.s i used to work at the mororial at darlington and i loved it !

Take care x
Debbie

#12 ·

Hi Debbie & everyone else. I'm new to the site, infact I just logged on today but it was great to hear your positive story Debbie and hear about everyone else's experiences.

I'm currently going through the 2 ww after completing a medicated FET, luckily we had 1 survivor so I'm keeping all fingers and everything else crossed.

How many embies did you have? I've also posted on the site and would love to hear your stories or from anyone else.

Regards,

Heather B.

p.s. Well done!!! ;D

#14 ·
Debbie

Thank you so much for taking the time to send a positive message! We have two failed ICSI's and are waiting to have FET in June so I am only beginning to do my homework on it now! It is great to know that it does work. Fingers crossed we are lucky. We have 6 frosties - frozen very early but hopefully some will survive. I turned 40 last week so the clock is ticking....

#15 ·
Hello Deb

What a fantastic story, I have 2 frosties, and have just started popping the pills.   fet if they survive, evrything crossed on the 28th jan.  ^eyes^ really nervous have you got any tips on what to do or not to do or what worked for you, would love to hear from you.  Wishing you all the luck in the world for the next few weeks.   :-*  ^babyface^ ^daisy^ ^daisy^ ^afro^  xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Debs

#16 ·
hi girls ,
its me again on the old FET treadmill in Feb. Hope to be giving you all some good news soon.
Lara ^daisy^

#17 ·
Hi Debbie
What fantastic news that is!
I'm on FET and would welcome any tips or advice with regards to diet etc!

Look forward to hearing from you

Loubielou
xx

#18 ·
Dear girls

I want to add our positive story to this page, because just a few weeks ago I read Debbie's message before doing a natural FET cycle. I was so depressed and was sure it would not work. Before the transfer my doctor told me, that my two embies which survived the thaw were fragmented. (even less hope) But............. it worked, and I am over the moon.

So girls there is hope with FET and even a small chance is a chance... We had been trying for more than 3 Years first with clomid, then puregon, then IVF and ICSI and now finally!!!!!!!!!

So keep going, think positive and good luck to you all.
Love
Choccolatti

#19 ·
Hi - It is just so great to hear such lovely stories and it has made me feel much more positive.

I had FET last Wednesday but I have felt down today as feel like I am about to start my period - My boobs are sore and bach ache and ppains!!

Is this normal or am I destined for another -ve result. Wondered if anyone else has had these syptoms?

I am also crying all the time and very moody (Poor old DH gets it in the neck everytime!!!!!!!!!!)

Good Luck to all you girls who are already pregnant and those who are still trying!!!!!!!!

Gaynor

#20 ·
Cheers G,

Its so hard to tell if it's A/f symptoms or PG symptoms isn't it????????????

All the best for you and all you other little frosties.

Wont be long for me now

Lara  ^daisy^

#24 ·
Hi girls,
I am new to the board, I have a positive FET story, so far, cross fingers!!! I am 39 , ttc for 2 years, had 3 failed fresh IVF and one cancelled because of OHSS, then last April 25 had FET, 5 embies, and got BFP on Monday April 9th, so now I pray that it stays all positive.

I am feeling nothing this week other than sore boobs, I was wondering Deb if you felt anything after your first positive blood test? did symptoms change???

Thanks girls, best wishes!!! stay positive!!!
Myrna

#25 ·
Hi Myrna

Congrats on you BFP!!!!!! You must be so happy.

As you have probably read on the site, everybody feels different when pg. Some have all the symptoms out of the book, some lucky ladies have none at all.

If you are worried, see if you can have a scan... It helps a lot seeing the little heartbeat. Good luck!!!!!!!

As you can see from my footnotes I am on my 2ww of my second FET try. The first one worked, but we sadly misscarried. I came back to this thread to remind myself of all the positive stories.

All the best
Choccolatti

#26 ·
Hi Choccolatti,

Thanks for your note!!
I am sending you all the positive vibes and patience that you need during the 2ww!!!  ^fairydust^

Best wishes,
Myrna
I got my numbers Monday from the RE and I don't really know if they are good or bad..
HCG - 369
Prog - 62.2
Estr - 1302

I am going tomorrow for another blood test!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.