Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 20 of 270 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello ladies

I am having my fet next week, providing my two blasts survive the thaw, does anyone want to wait with me???

I am not new to this procedure, as i have had a few in the past, one resulted in a B/O(Blighted Ovum) so i guess u can say i'm not as hopeful as i should be :-\. Anyhow, still trying to keep the faith and pray and pray and pray ^pray^ THIS TIME is really mine!

Anyone want to wait and obsess with me, i'll be looking out for ya!

·
Registered
388 Posts
Hi

Just wanted to say best of luck  ^hugme^ I would love to wait with you, as I too am having a FET, but unfortunately mine has been a bit delayed due to cysts  ^bigbad^

Anyhow, keep positive honey, it can happen  ^hugme^

Love Foxyloxy
xxxx

·
Registered
441 Posts
Hi Girls,

I will wait with u. I'm having fet soon. I'm waiting for AF to turn up and on day 2 i can start sniffing. So i shouldn't be long behind u.
Good luck Hun, I am here for support and pm me anytime u want. Will be thinking of u.

Take care
Katie
xx

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi Ladies

Thank u both for responding. It seems like i will be the first to bite the bullet eh?? ;D

Foxylady - Funny u said delayed due to cysts as i also have cysts and am metformin.Oh and i also had a misc. as well.... :'(. I was only recently diagnosed with pcos..as i have NEVER Had problems ovulating and have no symptoms. I figure all the drugs brought on those cysts as they were NEVER spotted before my first fresh in 2004. By the end of my 2nd fresh cycle (which resulted in 10blasts) they still didnt spot them UNTIL, i attempted my 3rd fet October last year. So here i am now, on 1700mg metformin per day. Tell me something, do they have you on any meds to prevent other miscarriages?? I will be on heparin and perdinsolne. I was on both when i had the blighted ovum and have fought against using them. But last month i atempted my first ever, totally natural iui and had a chemical, so my RE is insisting on me using them again. Lord knows i hope they work for me this time.

Katiechick - how far behind me are you??? Thank u for being here as a support. Its hard for me to be as positive as i once was because ALL my cycles be it Icsi or Fet's i've had perfect circumstances and still i have no live baby at home to show. :-[

So i am day 12/13 of my cycle and using the opk waiting for the surge, which always comes on day 14 ::)..after that my clinc will transfer my 2 remaining blasts 6days after! Of course, i have the additional anxiety attacks of hoping and praying they survive the thaw!!!! ^pray^

Oh, btw, i am from the caribbean, where are u lovely ladies hailing from??. Co-incidentally, the clinic i go to is a clinic with alot of uk staff memebers. They are in the lovley island of barbados and from what i've been told, alot of us & uk residents go there to cycle as they get the bonus of having a family holiday in the sand and sun.

Later folks

·
Registered
388 Posts
Hi Effigy  ^hugme^

Well looks like you and I have a lot in common  :) strangely enough I had a holiday booked to Barbados last year, as we love the caribbean, but because I fell pregnant and got quite bad OHSS they would not let me go. I had to cancel the holiday (luckily we got it paid back via insurance) but at the time my clinic told me that there was a really good IVF clinic in Barbados, should I have had to go there! Life is full of strange coincidences.

I noted from your post that you have been given Metformin........I have asked lots of ladies on FF about this as I have never been offered it by my IVF clinic  ^bigbad^ ^bigbad^ and don't know why. I also notice that you mentioned heparin and perdinolsone or something like that.......could I ask what that is for? Again I haven't been offered any meds whatsoever  ^bigbad^ ^bigbad^ should I be worried or ask the clinic why not? I know that PCOS ladies can be at higher risk of miscarriage but I did not know you could take drugs to try and prevent it. I thought heparin was for blood clotting problems/immune issues?

Would love to hear your views on this.

Love Foxyloxy
xxxx  ^hugme^

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
Hi

Can I join you? Im on day 12 today and so should be having FET next week too! Provided that is my frosties survive. I have 4 blasts on ice and they will thaw 2 at a time. But if we end up with 3 viable frosties they will put 3 back because Ive just turned 40. I know you think Im probably mad (you are right there!) but Im just hoping that one will survive at the moment, let alone 3!

This is the first time Ive had FET. Ive had 2 IVFs, the first was positive but had a blighted ovum. The second didnt work at all and this time I had blasts (which really confused me).

I too have PCOS.

How are you feeling about it? Im trying not to get my hopes up too much personally.

Jen x

·
Registered
388 Posts
Hi Jo-Mo  ^hugme^

Welcome to the thread  :)

Hopefully with 4 blasts you should get a good number for transfer and the other good thing is that they are already blasts so you don't need to worry about whether they will get to blasts or not (as is my case as they are intending to thaw Day 3 embies and grow them to blasts).

Don't loose heart, I know it is easier said then done but I see many women on this site that have finally got BFP's and healthy pregnancies past 12 weeks who did so on cycle number 5, 6 or plus!! So remember this could be the one that works  ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^pray^ ^pray^

Look forward to hearing how you get on.

Love Foxyloxy
xxxx

P.S. FET are easier on the body and mind so you should hopefully find it a lot easier then a fresh cycle.

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
Thanks FoxyLady, I must say its lovely having no drugs. I keep thinking Ive forgotten something!

I have my second scan tomorrow and hope that the lining is thickening up on its own. They've recommended I take aspirin to boost this (my clinic does recommend it for all cycles).

I know there are positives for many ladies with FETS, I just hope that some of your positiveness from this thread rubs off on me, but without me getting too worked up! I just find that the fallout when it doesnt work is getting progressively worse. Or maybe it was just that last time I had blasts and the hype and expectation is so much higher, that you just have further to fall.

Anyway, good luck to you too!

Jen x

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hi Ladies

Foxy-L - Yes, seems we do have stuff in common...i am 33yrs young as well ;)! As for the clinic they really are wonderful...small, people-person/service oriented...perhaps one day u will check them out? - Maybe for a sibling to this baby YOU WILL CONCEIVE (ahem!!, notice my positive attitude u have rubbing off on me... ::)) As for the drugs, the predinsolne(sp?) is a steriod they use, the heparin IS a blood thinner yes, but it seems it helps prevent blood clotting that could lead to miscarriages. I have had some blood screening done for immune issues and everything came back normal, so no one quite knows or understand why i have such great cycles and cant have my wish. Hence the heparin, due to the miscarriage at about 8weeks and the blighted ovum, they say the heparin is suppose to help. I know of other women who have used this drug and it has helped prevent further loss...Apparently they stay on it throughout the first trimester. As for me, well, i dunno...i guess i'll wait and see. The metformin some folks call the miracle drug, others say they have no real results with it..but in my experience i have noticed one thing..my follicles are bigger and of better quality since i have been on it, so maybe it does contribute in some way towards success. Ask your doc. what he thinks. Perhaps because u have only had 1misc. :'( they cant quite diagnose u as having a problem as they say its normal for women to have at least one in their lifetime...(don'tcha just hate remarks like that??? ^bigbad^) How many cysts do u have on each ovary? do u know? My left looks worst than my right...sigh** Luckily though, i still ovulate on my own and on time all the time. I wonder how much longer my luck would stay on my side. I'm hoping say, AFTER i have at least 2 babies...lol

J-mo - Hi and welcome...seems like u and i are on the same day of our cycle..today is about day 13 for me...i am using the opk and awaiting my surge. Yes, like F-lady says, FET are soooooooooooo much better on the body...god i wish ART was always as easy. Like u i have had a Blighted ovum and know the trials of cycling after cycling and waiting for the news of wether its viable or not. Luckily u have 4 blasts and so your chances of getting viable thawed out embies are great. Last fet i did i had 4, two thawed and so now i am on my last 2 hoping and praying they thaw beautifully..AND even asking for them to hatch!!!! Yes, i want the whooooooooooollllle NINE YARDS this time... ;D ::) ^pray^. I am also on 81mg Asprin. Tell me, when do they intend to put back in your blasts, my RE. says 6days after my surge....which means they take it out and leave it for 24hrs then put it back in. Hm, how i wish they would just put them back in after they thaw and show they are good and viable. So the waiting continues.......lets all pray for some bfp's to come rolling in.... :)

Katie-C - how are u today hon.

later ladies

·
Registered
441 Posts
Hey, Ladies.

J-Mo Welcome to the thread. Hope we all can help u even though i am new to fet but hope i can. Hope Ur scan goes OK 2Moro and that Ur lining is thickening up nicely. Lets us know how u get on.

Foxy, How r u Hun? When do u start fet ? And is it medicated or natural ?

Effigy, How r u ? Do u start fet next week or do u have et ? I am waiting for May AF which should be anytime now. Cant wait to start.

Can u all do a AF dance please  ^dancing spot^ ^dancing spot^ Do u know how long a medicated fet take from d/r to et. I have heard its about 6 weeks. I have to have a medicated one as my af's are irregular.

Well i hope u all have a nice night.

Take care Katie xx

·
Registered
388 Posts
Hi ladies

This is just a quick post as I've got lots to do tonight but I'll post a longer response later this week.

Effigy - great to hear from you honey and so nice to see how much we have in common. Can I ask how many miscarriages have you had? You are right about them being very common and that most people can expect one in their lifetime but it just seems so unfair when you've gone through IVF to get there and then it happens  ^bigbad^ ^bigbad^ So how is life in sunny barbados? Have you always lived there? Where you born in barbados? I wish I was there right now, a bit of sun would be lovely  ;D ;D It is interesting how different clinics treat differently. Mine don't seem to want to give you any drugs unless they absolutely have to! I really don't know whether that is a good thing or bad. It is interesting that you have no known immune problems yet they are giving you heparin. When did they test you for immunes. Mine won't unless I have had three miscarriages, yeh right if they think I'm sticking around to have three to then be tested they have another thing coming  ::) Take care and look forward to chatting again soon  ^hugme^ P.S. I've blown up bubbles up to 33 for good luck  :)

Jo Mo - I really do understand what you mean about it getting harder. The more cycles you rack up the more you start to worry if you will be posting on here in years to come and still not have had a child. But remember this, they do say it can take up to 3 to 4 fresh cycles to have a pregnancy and we are not at that stage yet, so keep strong and positive  ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^pray^ ^pray^ My brother in law's wife has just had a child through IVF at 47!!! Admittedly it was probably DE but nonetheless......

Katie chick - I can see that this will actually be your first transfer! How exciting. Hopefully you will be first time lucky and not have to go through the pain of a BFN or more cycles. I wish you lots of luck  ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^pray^ ^pray^ ^hugme^

Look forward to chatting to you guys again later this week. I'm so pleased I found this thread as it seems as if we are a rare bunch undergoing blast transfer  ;D ;D and it is so nice not to be alone for this  ^hugme^

·
Registered
388 Posts
Hi I've just realised not everyone is undergoing a blast transfer, I think Katie you are just having FET? Anyhow I'm really pleased to have found this thread.

xxxx

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hi

Katie-C - I hope your Af doesn't show and you are Pregnant!!!! ;D(howsthat for wishing for ya!!)

J-mo
- How was your lining check? I hope we both have our transfers on the same day..would be cool to obsess with you..hahahah

Foxy-L - Thanks for the bubbles, except i don't understand it. I see 33bubbles by my name though, did u do that??? cool. No hon, i was not born in Barbados nor do i live there. I live in another Caribbean island..(not half as tourist oriented with the beautiful beaches as b'dos though), so i usually have to travel for anything to do with ivf, fet etc. Barbados is a lovely place though, i can see why folks visit there in such large numbers and often :) I like the fact that your clinic doesn't give meds unless they have to. I guess mine believe thet have to. Yes, they found no immune issue's...i had the test done in 2006 or 2007 i think(will double-check that). I have had one miscarriage at 8weeks(didn't pick it up until i was 12weeks along though :'() and i had a blighted ovum from an Fet. Plus, if am correct, i may have had a chemical from my first iui done last month. I started seeing very faint lines on the pregnancy test, but my period came a few days after soooooo :-\. I guess they feel like its the only thing to do to help....sigh* I feel like i am grasping at straws here and REALLY REALLY need a miracle now or i will loose it......doesn't ttc and Ivf/icsi/fet...seem all consuming??? Hey you're right, I'm glad i created this thread :-*

P.S. I AM 5HOURS BEHIND U GUYS OK, SO SORRY FOR WHAT MAY SEEM LATE NIGHT POST TO U ALL...(LOL :eek:)

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
Thanks for lovely warm welcome ladies! I look forward to getting to know you all.

My lining today was 8.3mm which is good and so FET will probably go ahead provided the frosties thaw ok. Im on day 13 today and I have a follicle at 17mm so when that pops I think ET will be 4 days later ( I have 6 day blasts on ice). Clinics seem to vary quite a bit dont they?

Effigy - lucky you to live in the Caribbean! I wish I was there right now. I pray for your miracle

Foxylady - I dont want to be posting on here in years to come either! In all seriousness Im giving myself a year and that will be it. I know Im only 40 but I never wanted to be an ancient mum. Plus we havent got the money anyway to go on and on sadly. I think if we had a bottomless pit of money it would be different but I think its important to know where to draw the line. If truth be told Im already starting to psyche myself up into accepting being childless. Its very difficult as my DH has 2 kids from a previous marriage and so they remind me what I havent got with him.

Katie - I hope you dont get your AF either! But if you do bring it on!

Jen x

·
Registered
441 Posts
Hi Ladies,

Hope Ur all fab today.

Foxy, I'm not sure if my  ^snowflake^ are blast or not. The hospital did mention about blast but don't know if they took them to blast. I developed ohss thats why i have to have fet so when they mentioned about blast i wasn't well and cant remember what they said  ^idiot^

J-Mo, Glad Ur lining is OK. Not long now for u to have et.

Effigy, How r u today chick ? Hope Ur OK. Thanks for saying u hope AF don't turn up and I'm pregnant I'm wishing that to But think AF will turn up soon as have had AF pains.

Well i hope u all have a nice day.

Katie xx

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Hi girls

Got my surge today...uh-hmm. Estimated date of transfer is May 20th...

I have to say though, I am feeling sooo numb with it all.  Also, i started my predininsolne(sp) tablets today and my clexane shots. Once per day in the stomach... ::)

Hows everyone else!

·
Registered
388 Posts
Hello J Mo, Katie C and Effigy  ^hugme^

Hope you lovely ladies are well?

Just a quick post to let you know my news! Had scan at 8.30am today and thankfully one of my two cysts had disappeared  :eek:  the other one had shrinked slightly so they took a blood test and said they would get back to me. Well at 5 to 5 today, after a whole day at work spent plopping  :mad:  they told me that the estrogen was low enough to go ahead........so I'm back on the FET and hopefully only about a week behind schedule YIPEEEEEEEEEEEEE  ;D ;D :)

I will do more personal posts later this week but thought you might like to hear my good news!

Love Foxyloxy
xxxxx  :-*

·
Registered
388 Posts
J-Mo

You know what they say don't you, it's usually the cycle that you've given up on that gives the elusive  ^BFP^. I am so hoping and praying that this is your special one  ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^pray^ ^pray^ ^pray^. I too don't want to go on forever, and can't financially, so let's hope we can celebrate a lovely BFP, together with Effigy and Katie C, on this thread  ^hugme^ :-*

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
Morning girls!

Well we all seem to be progressing nicely dont we?

Katie - any sign of AF yet? Hope you are ok.
Effigy - Wahoo you have a date! I dont know about the tabs you are taking but I had clexane last time (and have to have it again after et this time). Its not nice is it?
Foxy - Great news about the cyst! Thanks so much for your positive thoughts. Yes lets hope this is a lucky thread

I had no surge today but going for my scan again today. Does anyone know the best time of the day to pee on the stick???

Lots of love
Jen xx

·
Registered
441 Posts
Hi Girls,

Hope Ur all well today.

Effigy, Glad u have got a date. Not long now. :)

Foxy, Great news about the cyst and not long till fet.  ;D

J-Mo, Sorry u had not surge today and hope Ur scan goes OK. Don't know the best time to pee sorry i cant help u.

Well no sign of AF today is day 28 so hopeful not long now. I felt really down yesterday and had a cry was feeling like its not going to work stupid i know as i have not even started fet yet but don't know what is wrong with me. I think it because sil is due for her baby at the end of may and my other sil is due september and have just found out my best friend is pregnant. It just seems that everyone around me is pregnant. :'( It just seems so unfair that we have to have tx to get pregnant but lets hope this thread is lucky.

Sorry just needed yo tell someone how i was feeling hope that was OK ans sorry if i have upset anyone.

Katie xx

1 - 20 of 270 Posts