Fertility Friends Support Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi again Peter,
Sorry to be a pain...few more questions for you.

As you know I have just had my 6 week scan yesterday and they have said there was no sack or heartbeat. I have read that if there is no heartbeat it could be due to poor egg quality. Do you think this is correct and would the hopsital check the quality of the eggs before they fertilise them?
Also I have read that if women keep miscarrying they are advised to take baby aspirin. Does this help maintain the pregnancy?? and if so, why didn't my hospital prescribe it to me.

Thanks so much Peter

Nancy :)

·
Registered
856 Posts
Please see my comments in your text:

nancy said:
Hi again Peter,
Sorry to be a pain...few more questions for you.

As you know I have just had my 6 week scan yesterday and they have said there was no sack or heartbeat.

I am sorry to hear that.

I have read that if there is no heartbeat it could be due to poor egg quality. Do you think this is correct and would the hopsital check the quality of the eggs before they fertilise them?

No one knows what causes this problem although chromosomal studies may be useful in some cases. Egg quality is fairly empirical as all we can actaully do is say that the eggs 'look' OK, there is currently no test to assess egg quality.

Also I have read that if women keep miscarrying they are advised to take baby aspirin. Does this help maintain the pregnancy??

In some cases where anti-cardiolipin antibodies have been detected then small doses of aspirin may help. It is not a cure all for miscarriage but it might be worth discussing it with your clinic.

Hope this helps!

Peter

and if so, why didn't my hospital prescribe it to me.

Thanks so much Peter

Nancy :)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts