Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6,156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello. I am about to embark on my 2nd FET. And for the life of me can't really remember how long FET takes! My last cycle was abit of a mess and went a bit pear shaped so its all a bit of a blurr! I didnt D/R last time. But have a suspicion I will be doing so this time. Any ideas how long it will take from start to pg test? Do you start on day 21 like you do with a fresh cycle? And if I'm not down regging then how long does it usually take?
Thanks ladies.x

·
Registered
298 Posts
Hi Lollipops

You start on day 21... DR... have a progress scan to check womb lining has reduced around 2 weeks later and then start progynova to thicken the womb lining then have another progress scan before starting cyclogest and the embies are thawed and put back.

Example FET cycle

Day 21 - May 2nd - Start DR
16th May - Progress Scan
If womb lining thin - start progynova and stop DR
30th May - Progress scan
Check womb lining nice and thick
Embryo thaw and transfer around the 2nd \ 3rd June
Pregnancy test 14 days later - 17th June...

Good luck hun

Nikki
x

P.S You can see from my signature FET really does work and Im hoping its going to work again for us on this cycle.

·
Registered
6,156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nikki  - thats brill! Thankyou so much. You have re-jogged my memory. And lovely news that FET has worked for you...and twins too! Wow.x

·
Registered
408 Posts
Lolipops
sound like nikki has pinpointed the protocol you did before - but there are different protocols. I did 'natural' fet. (I was able to do this as my cycles were regular)
- lining checked day 8ish
- boots ovulation tests from day 9ish
- call the clinic when o test +ve
- embies thawed and put back a couple of days later
no drugs, no dr, etc.
elcf

·
Registered
6,156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Elc - Thankyou so much. I am not to sure which one they will suggest for me this time round. So its good to know both options. My protocol is being sent to me soon. So time will tell. Thanks again.x

1 - 5 of 5 Posts