Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dear Peter

Hope you don`t mind me bombarding you with loads of questions! ...

I had EC on Friday at the Hammersmith Hospital & got 18 eggs. I was also a bit sick when I cam round & there was a little extra fluid round the follicles (think that`s right) & E2 levels of 15,000.

Anyway, upshot is that as they are quite conservative at that clinic they felt that I was at risk of OHSS. Thus, the 11 fertilised embies have been frozen. Is the sucess of pg. with FET much less? Also, how many would they defrost? If it`s just the 2 could they both defrost & then be abnormal? Also how soon could I have the FET? At HH they are talking about 3-4 months!!

I`m asking all these questions as I feel a bit cheated having not had the chance to have ET this cycle.

Thank you for your time & help.

HOPEFUL24 :) :

·
Registered
856 Posts
Please see my comments inyour text:

Hopeful24 said:
Dear Peter

Hope you don`t mind me bombarding you with loads of questions! ...

Not at all!

I had EC on Friday at the Hammersmith Hospital & got 18 eggs. I was also a bit sick when I cam round & there was a little extra fluid round the follicles (think that`s right) & E2 levels of 15,000.

Anyway, upshot is that as they are quite conservative at that clinic they felt that I was at risk of OHSS. Thus, the 11 fertilised embies have been frozen. Is the sucess of pg. with FET much less?

It depends on the clinic but on average FET is about 10% lower than the fresh pregnancy rate of the clinic.

Also, how many would they defrost?

It is common practice to thaw until 2 good embryos are obtained, i.e. thaw 2 first and then decide on waht to do from there.

If it`s just the 2 could they both defrost & then be abnormal?

No, see above

Also how soon could I have the FET?

As\soon as the OHSS goes away

At HH they are talking about 3-4 months!!

That might be sensible to allow everything to settle down.

I`m asking all these questions as I feel a bit cheated having not had the chance to have ET this cycle.

Don't. Your case seems to have been managed well although it is a pity that you got so close to OHSS.

Regards,

Peter

Thank you for your time & help.

HOPEFUL24 :) :

1 - 2 of 2 Posts