Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6,287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

I'm after a bit of reassurance again please as I was seen at 20 weeks at the hospital but wont be seen again again till 28 weeks (I miss being scanned! :() I have seen the MW once at 24 weeks and all seemed well, but she was reluctant to use the doppler in case she couldn't find both heartbeats. I totally understand why she didn't want to do this as I'd be climbing the walls if she'd only managed to find one and I know it can be difficult to hear both earlier on.

Basically I'm 26 weeks with twins and for the past week or so have gone from feeling strong regular kicks to feeling fewer duller ones. I'm still getting regular movement thoughout the day but definitely quieter periods which last longer than before. I have read not to worry about movement till 28 weeks when you should have felt 10 by 6pm. What's the rule with 2 on board? Also both the placentas are anterior (but not low according to the uss report at 20 weeks) which I'm thinking will make a difference depending on the babies position. Is this right? Are the poor little mites just asleep and I'm fretting (again!) for no reason??  ::)  I can't remember how I felt last time round as it was so long ago.... Thanks again xx

·
Premium Member
6,142 Posts
Hi,

You are right, with the placentas where they are, they will block any movement that you feel if their limbs are kicking aginst the placetas, so don't be too concerned at present.  As long as you are still feeling some movement during the day at this stage, that is fine,

emilycaitlin xx

·
Registered
6,287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks  ^hugme^

1 - 3 of 3 Posts