Fertility Friends Support Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone!

Not long ago when I saw this board I had no clue what fibroid meant.  Now I know!  After an ultrasound I was told I have a 2cm fibroid (does this count small or medium??) and need hysteroscopy.  Also have endometriosis.  As I know, endometriosis can be spread during laparoscopy or similar procedures if the doctor is not very skillful or careful--the endometrial tissues can be brought elsewhere by the surgical instruments.  So, when you have hysteroscopy, is there a similar risk?  I'm ignorant in this. 

On a side note, I have bearing down feeling and full or pressure feeling every once in a while (not just during period).  I had always thought this was due to the enoometriosis.  Now that it's found that I have fibroid, could the feeling be due to the fibroid?  I don't have pain, though.  What are your symtoms that are caused by fibroids?

The trouble seems endless.

Good luck to all.

adel

^DizzyLove^

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hi Adel,

I have just had an op to remove a fibroid and yes I did feel it pressing down on my side. Did the dr say they would leave it alone? They sometimes say this when fibroids are small?

T

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hello,

I have multiple fibroids, which are the cause of our difficulty in conceiving, and I do indeed frequently experience a 'dragging' feeling and a feeling of fullness.  This is definately quite a common symptom of fibroids.

I also experience quite often very sharp pains and around the site of my uterus, and also more general aches in the abdomen which I think are caused by the pressure of the fibroids on other bits of the body.  Having been told that the fibroids make my uterus the size of that of a woman who is 5 months pregnant, this isn't really surprising.  I think I only have the acute pain because of the number of fibroids, where they are etc.

Don't know if this helps at all, but rest assured your symptoms are normal!

·
Registered
7 Posts
I had the same size fibroid as you removed. The size and location of fibroid are important, I have just found out. I have had a hysteroscopy and then a hysteroscopy myomectomey. I have been told i will need 6-8 weeks to heal. Some people say it can take anything from 2-8 weeks depending on where the fibroid is. Apparently within the uterus is more complicated. My symptoms were sudden. I began to bleed and thought I was having a miscarriage. I also lost clots the size of my palm. The only symptoms before this happended were some cramping pains on and off for months (despite not having a period for 2 years, due to mini pill) and a bloated feeling in my lower stomach. I also experinced spasms down my thigh, which have now stopped completely. My doctor told me some women feel depressed due to the chronic low level cramping pain. Hope this helpsxxxxxxxx

·
Registered
6,501 Posts
Hi Adel,
And welcome to the broid board hun.  I had my broid evicted in August 2006, and to be honest I never really noticed any actual 'fibroid symptoms' but having had the murdering sod removed, I can now say hand on heart that what I inaitlly thought of as being just an unfortunate woman with terrible periods every month.... these problems has ultimately been as result of the fibroid.

Sorry if this is TMI - but the run up to my periods saw me doubled over with stomach cramps, back ache and shooting pains down the legs.  When the witch eventually reared her sorry ass head (sorry been watching too much daytime trashy programmes while I have been on holiday this week!), I  was very heavy, with terrible clotting, and to be honest, sometimes I felt that my insides were coming out (Yuk)!!
My periods themselves were painful and lasted in the region of 10 days or more.
Now though - It's very rare for me to get any cramps pre witch - the bleeding is much reduced and the periods themselves last around 4 - 5 days.

Any concerns or worries about your procedure to evict your broid, just get in touch here - don't be researching about it on the internet - there are some very scary web sites out there!!

Honestly, hand on heart, it's the best thing I have ever done - getting my murdering bar-steward evicted.

Happy to help hun.
Sheila

1 - 5 of 5 Posts