Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am hoping someone can share their experience with me. I was diagnosed with a firbroid and mild PCOS last year after almost 1 year of ttc. I was told that the fibroid will not need to be removed, although large @ 5.5cm it is not indenting the cavity and is on top of the uterus. I did manage to conceive on my first cycle of clomid only to miscarry at 9 weeks (blighted ovum). Since then we have found that my DH has formed antisperm antibodies (not sure how, they weren't there last year) and we need to try ICSI. I am booked for this procedure next month but nervous as the drugs could cause my fibroid to grow/shrink.Has anyone undergone IVF/ICSI and noticed any increase in fibroid size???????//

·
Registered
82 Posts
I am currently on my 6 ICSI cycle with fibroids.  I haven't noticed any huge variation in the size of my fibroids since the ivf/icsi began.  I think they may have got a bit bigger over the years but not that much overall.

Also because you are constantly going for scans when having ICSI, your doctors will be able to keep a very close eye on what is happening to the fibroids and advise you.  I always ask the radiographer to have a look at my current two and measure them etc.  She thinks I am a nutter but I find it reassuring.

Good luck with the ICSI.  Its tough going but the rewards are high.

Peestick

·
Registered
267 Posts
Hi there babydreams

Sorry to hear your first cycle of clomid was unsuccessful, that's a big blow.  :(

I have around five fibroids - the biggest being 6x8 cm in a similar place to yours.  I had one cycle of IVF in Jan which was sadly negative and have been refused any more treatment as the procedure (egg retrieval) was so risky due to the fibroids. 
Ever since then my symptoms - swollen tummy, constipation, feeling tired and anaemic have increased and so I am sure the fibroids have grown.  When I have a bath and look down at my tummy there is a definite rise on one side.  I am due to have a myo in June and have my first scan since IVF in Jan next week so I am curious to see if I am right.  Will let you know. 

Kiwichick  ;)

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi Kiwichick, thanks for your reply. Good luck for the scan next week...i hope it is what you want to hear. Many of my friends have ad myomectomies succesfully. It is strange that you nee dto remove them as they are probably not indenting the cavity. Whatever, thay are a nusience. I don't have many symptoms with mine, ie, periods are regular, flow is ok and no pain......so it was a complete shock to find these creatures!!

Peestick - your note is somewhat reassuring. I am so nervous about ICSI, DH is scared about the development of the child, naturally, but its the only way to get to our dream due to the antibodies. i will def. ask the sonographer to measure. Last I know it was between 5-5.5cm..the bugger

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.