Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Heya everyone! HAPPY NEW YEAR!
I hope you are all well! Just thought i would come on and give everyone an update... sorry i didnt come back on much after i got my BFN in October but i really needed to just forget about babys for a while and then i had to cancel my next appointment in november to start IVF again because of the snow  :( but on a positive note i done a test on new years eve and got my long awaited BFP  :) dont know how that happened after 5 years of trying but it did! Fingers crossed for all you lovely ladies and hope you all get your BFP's soon! x

·
Registered
6,501 Posts
Arh Hope thats fantastic news hun, I couldn't be happier for you - wow, what a start to the New Year - Sending loads of sticky vibes to your gorgeous little one - I'm lurving ya ticker xxxx

What a great start to the New Year for NE'ff'er's !!!  Heres hoping for lots more little friends to follow xxx
Sheila - chuffed to bits at the news x

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Sheila!  :)
Need to give CFL a call and tell them when they re open, do you know what will happen to my 5 frozen embies now? will they destroy them or will they wait and see if this is successful? x

·
Registered
6,501 Posts
Hope I would envisage that the clinic would only destroy frosties upon request, or stipulate that they have to be used within a particular timescale....but I'm sure CfL staff will be able to advise you fully.
Personally speaking, and its only my opinion hun, if I had been lucky enough to get frosties too, I'd be keeping them on ice and giving FET a go in the hope for a brother or sister for my little miracle....once you have a live birth under your belt any other nhs goes which you would normally have been entitled to are automatically scrapped..... just wish I could have gifted my remaining 2 goes to my lovely ff'ers xxxx

Hoping you have a worry free wonderful pregnancy.....
All the very best
Sheila

·
Registered
644 Posts
ah hope that is fab news congratulations!!

from memory i think the forms you signed before treatment is entitling you to keep the embies for i think up to 5 years - i could be wrong but i think thats what it was. They are definately yours to choose so they cant destroy them. I would do what sheila said and you could have a little bro or sis for this little one!

xxx

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you!
Yeah i will have to speak with them and see what they say! I wouldnt like for them to be destroyed but not sure how much it will cost me to keep them frozen! I will have to make some enquiries with them. thanks for your advice and good luck lasses. xx

·
Registered
254 Posts
Congratulations  :) :)
What an amazing start to the year xxxx

·
Registered
494 Posts
AWWWWWWWWWW ;D ;D  ;D CONGRATULATIONS Hope this is lovely news and gives people hope and faith that it could still happen for us :)

Massive congratulations x x x

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Congratulations! That's lovely news.
I think our forms were for 2 years so you'd definitely have them kept for a while. They won't just destroy them. One of the other clinics I have looked at said a couple of hundred for storage so even if you have to pay later for extended storage, that's not too bad (compared to everything else!!)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.