Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,019 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good news...

I've finally been given weekend respite starting in July every 6 weeks after 18 months of waiting ^banana^

I fought and won again!!!! hehehehe  :p

I'm over the moon, I can get a break especially as I'll be a single parent when Leigh moves out.

Bring it on  ;D ;D ;D

Love

Vicki x

·
Premium Member
2,105 Posts
Congrats to you Vicki.  Caring for Grant must be quite draining at times and you deserve a break every so often.  I'm sorry to read from your signature that your marriage has broken up.

You do an excellent job as moderator of this board, and it is good of you to do it on top of all your other commitments.  Look after yourself

Ruth (Essex Girl) x

·
Registered
502 Posts
Hi Vicki,

Ive just caught up on all the news and firstly Im really sorry you and Leigh have split up  ^hugme^ You sound really sensible tho, and great that you are staying pals  ;)

You are quite right to enjoy your life! If you ever fancy meeting up in Aberdeen or somewhere closer to you Im up for it! With or without kids! :)

Re the respite I think its great. We get respite every 6 weeks and DS has been twice this year. The other boy he shares the respite with has downs and they get on so well. The last time they went bowling and out for their tea. It is heaven.....you can do ordinary things like go to cinema and look around the  shops without having to worry.  Without sounding cheeky do you think there is hope for you and Leigh if  you had a weekend together? I know the pressures of looking after a disabled son it afffects your sex life and everything! ;)

Good luck Vicki  :-*

Linda xx

1 - 3 of 3 Posts