Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Ladies,
I wanted to share my story with you and after reading it I hope it may help some of you.It was a very long journey.
I married at 26 (now 42) and came off the pill. We settled into married life and although we wanted children there were plenty of other distractions. At 30 I started to feel concerned and I took daily temps for ovulation.We talked a lot about going for investigations and finally at 33 we began treatment.
I had 3 failed IUI's and 2 failed IVF's and then I found out about the HFEA and moved to the ARGC for treatment. I got pregnant on my 3rd ivf at this clinic (total of 5 ivf's altogether) and was unbelievable happy.We went for a scan at 12 weeks and the baby had a fatal abnormality called 'Acrania' and we lost the baby.The chances of this happening were 1 in a thousand and I could not believe it could happen to me not after having so many years of trying.I went on a very high dose of folic acid and had another 3 ivf's (now a total of eight) All failed and I felt I had reached the end of the road.This journey had taken me from age 26 to 40 and no baby.
I wrote to my cousin and asked her if she would be an egg donor and she said yes and we set everything up and then we heard about Dr Beer and immune problems. We put everything on hold with my cousin and went to find out more.We did all the blood tests and all the treatment required and explained to my lovely cousin I was going to have another attempt with my own eggs and I had my 9th ivf treatment. I got pregnant and delivered a healthy boy.He is now 19 months.
I know only too well how you ladies are feeling and if i can help in any way please let me know.I would be happy to post more info or e-mail any of you directly to support you.
For me it was a very very long journey - I hope it helps to give some of you strength to continue or the strength to stop.
Lulu b

·
Registered
455 Posts
A fantastic story there lulu,

a testament to your strength, and to keeping hope in your heart. So so pleased for you that the result finally came, even if it did take so long... I'm sure it was worth every moment of heartache!!

Thanks for sharing your journey, I'm sure many will find it inspirational!

Take care

Catch

^dancing spot^

·
Registered
9 Posts
Lulu,

Massive congratulations!
:)

Fantastic story to hear!

·
Registered
890 Posts
Hi Lulu,
thank you so much for your post, it really helps to pick us up when we hear great stories like yours.
I have just registered with ARGC. After 5 MCs i also found out i had immune probs. I saw Dr Beer and did all the tests.
If you don't mind me asking what drugs/ treatment did  you have?

Love Carmela x

·
Premium Member
902 Posts
You sure are determined Lulu and look how it paid off.  What an amazing journey you have been on.  Thank you for sharing it with us it sure does show that our dreams are possible with a little (or lot of)! perseverance.

Congrats on your success.  ;)

Clare

·
Registered
293 Posts
Hi Lulu

What an inspiration to everyone, congratulations, you sooooo deserve it.

take care
bitbit
xxxxx

·
Premium Member
1,259 Posts
Lulu

Thank you for sharing your inspirational story and congratulations on your precious boy

Clare

·
Premium Member
14,889 Posts
Got a little tear in my eye..... thanks for sharing, and glad you got there in the end

Clairexx

·
Registered
1,804 Posts
Lulu,

What an inspiring story!

Many congratulations to you and your family.

Natalie x

^congrats^

·
Registered
910 Posts
hi lulu
your journey has been very long,but you finally made it to the dream at the end.you are an inspiration to us all.thankyou for your story.congratulations on your special little boy.
all my love
jane1
xxxx
^bow^ ^bow^ ^bow^ ^bow^

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Dear Lulu,

I'm so pleased to read your story, it does give hope!  When I read it I realised that we've been trying for a family since I was in my late 20's as well.  My 40th is coming up next year and I can't believe what a long journey it has been so far and if this next IUI doesn't work we need to start talking IVF.  I'm definetly going to ask my consultant at our next appt on 5 Jan about immune problems!!!

Thank you, thank you, thank you.  I can't thank you enough.

AlmaMay
p.s. give your boy a xx for me.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Almamay,
Good luck with the iui - if it is possible to conceive through iui then that rules out a lot of problems which is helpful but it does not rule out immune problems - finding out one way or another has to be the right thing to do as then you can either dismiss it or deal with any immune  problems.
Where are you? which clinic? is that ok to ask or not?
please continue to post to me if i can be of any help - information or support.
Good date for the next appointment - new year - new start - new hope.
keep in touch
Lulu b

·
Premium Member
4,394 Posts
Hi Lulu,

What a happy ending to your long journey ...Congratulations!

I am at ARGC and hopefully starting my 3rd cycle in 2005 ... I moved there because of my possible immune problems, so your story gives me hope and encouragement.

Thank You for sharing it!!

Belinda xx

·
Registered
8 Posts
Lulu

What a story.  You and your husband are incredible and deserve all the happiness in the world.

Huggs to you all.

Dora

1 - 14 of 14 Posts