Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My name is Katie, my DH and I have been TTC for over 3 years.  We left it nearly 2 yrs before we went to our GP and my advice to anyone reading this is don't wait too long.  I wish we had gone after 12 months as by the time we started to get help, I had already lost hope. 

We have been referred to our local hospital and are currently under fertility investigations.  So far nothing obvious has been identified - SA showed a slightly below average reading, but since then my DH has given up alcohol and a further SA showed the reading had doubled. My blood tests are all fine and show that I am ovulating normally.  I have also had a HSG (grit your teeth) but this showed everything was fine.  The last 6 months have been the hardest as we have just been waiting to be referred.  I have had repeat blood tests - as these needed to be more recent. We are now waiting to see our consultant in July - so hopefully we will get referred and then wait for NHS treatment. 

I have joined the site for support and hope that by talking and writing about the way I am feeling with others, will help me to cope and give me some hope back. 

I am off work (again) at the moment with stress and suffering depression which I know is only going to make it harder for us to conceive :'(  Since we have been TTC at least 10 of the girls I work with have all had babies - it is heartbreaking for me to watch and wait for my turn - will it ever come?   ^pray^

in need of a friend who understands...

Katie

·
Registered
444 Posts
Hello Katie,

I can only write a quick one as i am about to go out...just wanted to say hi ! I feel exactly the same as you . We have been TTC for 2 and half years.(Gp made us wait 18 months before doing any tests!) Have had HSG and Lap and all the other blood tests like you. Apart from mild endo they have found no reason why we can't conceive. I've got my first appointment at fertility clinic tomorrow to discuss treatment (IUI) .

I can understand you feeling low..i had to have some time off work last month because things really got me down. It is so hard watching others pop babies out so easily! What i can say to you is that this site has really helped me. I don't feel alone..we are all in the same gang, and that feels great! Any question you have about anything at all will be answered by a whole bunch of people who are really supportive. You have come to the right place!

Staying relaxed and happy is the hardest thing...everyone says "it will never happen if you're stressed" ....like you don't know that!! I'm just off to Pilates...which i find good for de-stressing. I'm sure there are peeps here with words of wisdom and other advice!

Lovely to meet you

Let me know how things go for you

Scooby

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
Hi Katie,

Welcome to Fertility Friends.  Hopefully you will get some answers next month  ^pray^  I would say that most of the people of here understand what you are going through.

I know how hard it is not to get pregnant every month.  My journey started (what seems a lifetime ago now) back in 1999/2000.  My then H & myself wanted to start a family but to no avail.  Went to the Drs had Clomid for 6 months - nothing, then had tests done at the hosp.  I was then diagnosed with PCOS and they did some laser treatment and then in 2003 I was diagnosed as unexplained (great category). H & I then split up - we got to wrapped up in getting pregnant that we forgot about us.  Anyway got with my current DH and told him from the start that I couldn't get pregnant.  Anyway after 4 natural pregnancies & 2 IVF pregnancies we have finally got twins. 

Hopefully this can give you a bit of hope, but I know that nothing will take away your pain.  Have you tried acupuncture ? Or any alternative therapies.

If you need to chat just give me a shout.

Sharon xx

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
^hugme^ Kate xx just want to say hello and welcome to FF, I now exactly how your feeling me an DH TTC 4yrs we've already undergone 2 failed ICSI and will be going for our 3rd tx soon xx we are both only 30 but I wished I had thought about starting a family b4 instead of trying to protect myself by being on the contraceptive pill for all those yrs  ^idiot^ It does get you down soooo down at times especially for me at the moment so completely simpathise and understand about the depression, I hope you find FF a help to you like so many others and if you ever need a chat just give me a shout xx take care and sending you ots of  ^hugme^ ^hugme^

Sharon........CONGRATS on your beautiful twins its so nice to hear positive stories xx take care xx

Hayleigh xx

·
Premium Member
20,592 Posts
^hello^
& Welcome to FF Kate ^hugme^
I am Sorry to read how your struggling with all this at the moment, FF is a great place to be with many members who are active on a daily basis there is always someone around to talk/post to, ttc is hard especially when all around you are shelling them out like peas, just remember your turn will happen, believe it can happen and find a way to make it happen hun, I have had 3 rounds of depression now, its not an easy illness Try and find something to help you "relax" ie reflexology accupuncture, yoga - whatere you choose just have some "me time" and then have some couple time too, and take each day as it comes be selfish for a while hun, ^reiki^
I would like to encourage you to post in these areas to build friendships and support from members who really do have an understanding of your situation, You may find there is an active running thread for ladies having treatment at the same clinic as you check both the ICSI & IVF boards as we don't have separate clinic threads for each.

Peer Suport ~
CLICK HERE

Meanings ~
CLICK HERE

Starting out & Diagnosis ~
CLICK HERE

What Every New Member Needs to Know
CLICK HERE

FERTILITY INFO GUIDES
CLICK HERE

And don't forget to have a bit of fun while you are on FF and check out the general chit chat / jokes / hobbies area
G&B - Community Fun board
CLICK HERE

You can also chat live in our excellent chat room.
We have a newbie night in the chat room every week (Wednesday at 8pm ;)
where you can meet other new members and get Chatrrom support
and help to navigate the site and using all the functions available here. CLICK HERE FOR INFO ON NEWBIE CHAT

Take some time to look at the help tab too ;)

Check out the Locations boards for your home town & a site search for your clinic ;)

Wishing you Friendship ^fairydust^ & ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^
^goodluck^

If you need any help just ask!

~Dizzi~
^willy nilly^

·
Registered
6,658 Posts
Hiya Kate  ^hugme^

I feel like that too hon  ^hugme^

But your time will come hon, it's really hard being unexplained you should try acupuncture like Sharon said there are high success rates with it  :)

xxx

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Just reading through your replies has given me a boost.  Thanks so much.  I don't feel so alone now.  Looking forward to getting to know you all. 

Will have to give reflexology another go and maybe acupunture, a few people have told me about that.

Katie
xxx :)

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
Katie xxx thats what we are here for glad we've helped xxxxxxxxxxxxx

·
Registered
261 Posts
Hi there,
Firstly welcome to FF, you've found a great support network here as well as loads of helpful info ;)
Reading your story it's almost identical to mine, so wanted to let you know you are not alone!!
We had been TTC for 3 yrs, we also waited till after the second year to seek help. All our investigations have come back 'normal' therefore we are placed into the unexplained category. We are currently waiting to get referred for treatment, will most likely be August before we hear anything. That said we did get a BFP last month, all natural (so there is hope) unfortunately I had a miscarriage but I do have to take something positive from the situation..... that I can become a mummy and possibly without treatment.
It's hard not to lose hope sometimes, I am sure however both of us will achieve our dream one day very soon.
Wishing you lots of luck for the future  ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^

xxxx ^hugme^

1 - 9 of 9 Posts