Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All
To control my period prior to IVF I was prescribed a course of Norethisterone to take over a five day period, the theory being that when you stop taking it your progesterone levels drop and AF arrives 2 - 3 days later. Well, I stopped taking it 6 days ago and still no AF  :mad:
Has anyone else experienced this?? Is it normal??
I've spoken to the clinic and they say I can't start injecting until AF arrives so the longer this goes on will mean my whole regime is going to be trashed  ^bigbad^  Luckily work are very understanding!!

Any advice / similar experience would be more than welcome

Many thanks
Kathryn

·
Registered
568 Posts
Hi Kathryn

I took norethisterone many times and af ussually arrives 2-3 days after finishing the last tablet however a couple of years ago I also took the norethisterone and  af arrived 10days after the last tablet. Of course i was beside myself with worry but i was told its not so unusuial to wait this long for af. i always thought it HAS to arrive within 2-3days but not so
I dont think you have much to worry about. if af has not arrived within the next 7days you could do a hpt to  rule out a pregnancy.. I was told that
take care
Danni

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Danni, it's good to know that this can happen. Like you I thought it had to come by day 3 so as I'm day 7 now i was starting to get a bit freaked  :eek:
Really keen to start injecting so I feel like I'm actually on a tx cycle so praying it arrives tomorrow  ^pray^

Thanks again
Kathryn x

·
Registered
568 Posts
HI
I hope you had your AF! ;)

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Danni,
AF arrived 6 days late but it's all systems go now. I had my scan on Fri and I've got 8 to 10 follies of a good size so having EC on Monday.
Take care
Kathryn x

1 - 5 of 5 Posts