Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I'm all new to this (although feel like I have had to jump through hoops to get here). Been TTC for nearly 5 years so just wondering what happens at the first consulation apppointment and how long until treatment starts?

Any info / advice greatly welcomed!

Thanks!

PS Is it normal to feel so nervous / terrified / excited??!  ???

·
Registered
4,724 Posts
^hello^ fizzwizz!

It's perfectly normal to feel this way, I know We did!

There's really nothing to worry about, they do give you LOTS of information, which is good obviously!
I want armed with a note book of questions I wanted to ask and this really helped because even if they have said something to you already, you can write down the answers.
I also research the H&E website.
We would have started our treatment on my next cycle but it got delayed until next one and I'm now dr!

Hope this helps!

Ktcuddles  ^hugme^

·
Registered
783 Posts
Welcome FizzWizz  :)

The mixed emotions you are feeling is def normal like KT cuddles says! This whole journey is just 1 huge rollercoaster ride!!

I was going to try and tell you what exactley happended at out first appt, but when I started writing I couldnt clearly remember  ^idiot^ !! I do know that things moved very quickly (even though we did have a slight delay for personal reasons)

I thought you might like to have a read of my fertility friends diary, because then you could see exactley what happened?? If you go to the ICSI diaries, you should be able to find it. It wont be on the first page tho, as i havent written in it for a while!!

Hope this helps.
Bunny xXx

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you both for replying! Bunny I read your diary and it brought tears to my eyes, I'm so sorry about your MIL.

I had my first appointment and all went well, except that I was soooooo nervous my blood pressure was through the roof! (It's normally on the low side!)
Anyway, I have an appointment next week with the nurse to go through the drugs etc and can start using them a few days later as it seems it has been pretty well timed and I will be at the right point in my cycle.

I must admit though having waited ages for this, it now all seems to be happening really fast and I'm wondering if I should sit back an wait a month before going for it...although I think I'm just really really scared. I fall apart every month getting a BFN, I can't imagine how I would feel if I got one after going through all this.

Anyway, wishing you lots of luck with your journeys.

·
Registered
783 Posts
Ur welcome hun  :)

Hope the diary helped and gave u abit of an insight.

Glad ur appt went well, dont wait any longer tho hun because it was obviously ment to be this time if ur cycle is at the right point  :)  (just my thoughts!)

I really hope things work out for you. Keep me updated.

I start again at the begining of mearch, so not far behind you  ;) .

Big hugs xXx

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.