Fertility Friends Support Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,
Well i had a laugh on wednesday ^roflmao^ at dws baseline scan,with jane being small,we was in stitches as she tried to get on the bed with her  ^shake^sticking out really funny i will not forget that for ages.
well as for the scan they did the scan,but because af hadnt arrived ^furios^ ^witch^ they told us to carry on with suprecur untill next wednesday when she has to have another scan,this should be when the stimms start because the old ^witch^ arrived today so we should go on to the next stage, well hope everyone is well and coping im struggling a bit dont really know how to handle it all because this is all new to me but i am getting  a bit better, anyway good luck to everyone in there tx all the best

carl(thetot5)

hows it going catch and angie

^goodluck^

·
Registered
455 Posts
Hi Carl,

Thanks for updating us. Was gonna ask how things were going but sometimes I just don't like to in case it's difficult for people! Hopefully next weeks scan will show you're ready for the next stage my friend.

Completely understand how you're feeling mate, I wish I could tell you there's a magic way to releave the stress, but there just isn't. All I held on to was hope, and the fact that whatever happened, I knew there were people who'd listen and understand on this fantastic site.

Thanks for asking how we're doing. I've just posted on the dd2b thread. Finding it difficult to find time to post our 'reports' on here at the moment what with jotting things down furiously for the book, and the little thing called christmas coming up soon, and going to the GP's to register for anti-natal stuff (what a joke!... that'll be a whole new post!) On the whole we're doing just great though. Angie was sick for the 1st time last night (she's been feeling it for a few days every evening around 11.30pm but last night she actually threw up - which was nice!! - I even managed not to giggle at her too much, not while she was looking then. Funny how she seemed to enjoy it........ so so strange what having fertility problems can do to a sane person!), but apart form that we're great. (on a personal note, boobs are starting to show signs of the pregnancy, something I welcome wholeheartedly!!  ^afro^ )

Better go as tea's ready, will be back soon.

Hang in there the 2 of you, sending you loads of  ^fairydust^

As always...

Catch ^dancing spot^

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for that catch,

hope angie is feeling better, am glad this site is here, wouldnt know who to talk to,if it wasn`t.Cant wait till next wedneday for the scan,but ill just have to try relax. all the best to you both

thanks

carl ^afro^

·
Registered
54 Posts
Hi carl,

I know exactly how you feel. I often have days where, like you, I'm "struggling" a bit. Often I don't know just what I mean by that and don't know how to put it into words. Maybe it's the sense of powerless-ness. You know what I mean? So much going on, so much at stake and almost nothing we can do to influence the outcome.
I've found great comfort in just offloading to Catch, Chase, Paul and the other guys. So pour it out here mate, no matter how daft you may feel (I know I did). Just sharing these times means we can draw strength from each other.
Stay strong for your dw...but never forget you're going through this too.
All the bestt carl

Steve

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hello catch and steve,and all the other lads,
well the wife and i went for the baseline scan again today,and once again not good news. :( We still cannot go on to the stimms yet,because when we went last wednesday dws lining was 11 and todays was 6. They said it has to be 4 so we have to carry on dregging tiil next wednesday ::) i was really expecting jane to be able to start the stimms and i went on a bit of a downer when they said its not thin enough,like i said this is our first attempt and i dont know what to expect or how to react.i know it will happen but it gets to me when we have to wait.i just want this to happen for us and it is getting to me a bit,any advice would help.Well enough of me,how are you alll doing? hope your all well good luck to all of you in your tx

good luck and all the best

carl(thetot5) ^goodluck^ ^fairydust^

·
Registered
455 Posts
Hey Carl,

11 to 6 is a huge step my friend, maybe slow out of the blocks but it's working!!!!

Try to stay positive it will help! As Paula said, slow doesn't mean aint working!

When you back there again?

If you need to shout, let it all out mate, we're here for you!

Take Care

Catch

^dancing spot^

·
Premium Member
12,894 Posts
Carl

My first IVF had to be postponed while i had a D&C and they found polyps. This was because my lining wasnt thinning at all. Your Wifes is at least thinning albeit slowly. As Catch says 11 to 6 shows it is going the right way. Good luck for Wednesday hope you can start the stims then.

Love Kim x x x

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hello Catch,Paula,Kimric.
Thanks for your replies that makes me feel better,
catch we go go back next wednesday bud,ill let you know how we go ^reiki^.Paula we started off with mr kingsland really great man,but we are now with geoff shaw,he is brilliant explained everything to us when we first went to see him, we met Mr gasvani on our patient evening they are all great at the liverpool hospital.cant wait till next wednesday hope it goes to the stimms.Like i said ill let you all know how it goes.

thanks for listening
all the best to all

carl(thetot5)
^fairydust^ ^fairydust^ ^goodluck^

sorry catch how did the scan go?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for that andy,

ill let know how it goes i am trying to positive and hopefully it will go to stimms next wednesday

cheers mate

carl ^reiki^

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for your messages,
paula and catch,
Just getting a bit inpatient i just want this to work for us ill let you know how it goes keeping  ^reiki^ and waiting for wednesday.
Hop you all doing well  good luck to you all

take care

carl

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
Carl, just wanted to say  ^hello^

My DH and I are in the middle of our first ICSI cycle.  It is transport ICSI, so we are having EC at Leighton Hospital in Crewe then DH is taking the eggs to Liverpool Womens to do his bit there and then we will have ET at Liverpool.  We are going for a visit on Tuesday afternoon to meet the staff and be shown around.  Its good to find someone else that is having treatment at the same place.  Hope all works out for you and DW, good luck for Wednesday  ^reiki^

Love

Sarah
xx

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hello sarah
Thanks for your reply and good wishes. Hope everything goes well for you both,good luck on your visit, the liverpool hospital is brilliant.
Ill let you know how wednesday goes

thanks

carl ^goodluck^ ^fairydust^ ^rainbow^

1 - 12 of 12 Posts