Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
10,932 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'd like to get somethings special for DH on his first Fathers Day.  Any ideas?

I thought of a photo in a nice frame (maybe a bit dull)
Digital photo key ring
Or, this is my favourite... 'My first Scalextric' set.  it can't be used till DS is 5 but i know DH would really love the thought for the future with his son :)

I'm going to cook him his favourite meal and bake some cupcakes.  Just want to make it special!

Can you share your Fathers day experiences?

Thanks

Pots
  x

·
Registered
3,365 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,184 Posts
Hiya, I have just ordered a photo mug from Snapfish.com so DH can see A's smiling face every time he has a cuppa at work!  :)  Last year A and I made some paint hand prints on paper and I cut then out and stuck them in DH's card  :)  He now has them stuck up at work on his desk.  I think daddies like to show off their offspring so something he can flash about in public might be a good idea  ;D  ;D

Fluffs xxx

PS Try code DAD08 if you order a photo mug as it got me 50% off (so one free in my case as I ordered one for my dad from his favourite grandson!)

/links

·
Premium Member
14,889 Posts
;D I knew that thread was somewhere chux, I was looking for it ;D

I did a mug with M when he was little at a pottery cafe, for his dad but it was too soon for fathers' day

http://www.fertilityfriends.co.uk/gallery/displayimage.php?album=73&pos=5

For 1st Fathers Day I bought him a childrens book called My Dad by Antony Browne for daddy to read to him, it's a really sweet book.

2nd fathers day we made photo mug with a message at www.photobox.co.uk

Mums go to all this effort for the dads and then we just get chocolates and flowers! ;D ;D

Claire x

/links

·
Premium Member
20,424 Posts
ceedubya said:
;D I knew that thread was somewhere chux, I was looking for it ;D
Yeah but I'm guessing you're suffering from a serious dose baby brain brought on by severe sleep deprivation, so you probably forgot what you were looking for. ;D ;D

Just to add that you can get 50% off photo mugs at Snapfish at the moment (before 8th June) using code DAD08.

Chux xx

·
Registered
6,814 Posts
ceedubya said:
Mums go to all this effort for the dads and then we just get chocolates and flowers! ;D ;D
That's exactly why I don't bother - bah humbug ;D

S xxx

·
Premium Member
6,719 Posts
Best Dad / Top Dad / Great Dad / Fab Dad/ etc etc Dad SOCKS!  ;D

At least we know he will wear them  ;D

·
Premium Member
3,699 Posts

·
Registered
868 Posts
My DH didn't do anything for me on Mother's Day :'( - he actually didn't forget he just didn't bother - it was like a silent protest - we had been having some problems and he was feeling like everything was my fault and I had changed his life and he felt trapped! I was incredibly upset as you can imagine so do you think I should make any effort for him or just treat him with the same contempt that he treated me? Things are much better between us now and he's making more effort but should I?

FG

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
FG, I would buy him something really special and let him feel guilty for not making the effort for Mothers Day.

My dh doesn't manage to come up with anything exiting and its usually flowers and chocolates even when I'm trying to diet.  I did hint at some earrings and he said I could pick them up if I wanted them, not quite the same, so I didn't bother.

He has put his order in for a whisky glass with the kids names on and I've ordered a magic mug from Truprint to surprise him with, so theres something he doesn't know about.  Dh gets socks for every occasion, but this year I'm not going to get him socks.

Shazznewman

·
Premium Member
14,889 Posts
The main thing is, don't go too overboard on the first fathers' day or you'll run out of ideas for the next ones!

C x

·
Registered
2,796 Posts
Another lovely daddy book is 'Just Like Daddy' by Cecilia Johansson. (ISBN 978-1--8450-484-6)

It's a beautiful touchy-feely book, repetitive and in rhyme format, with different baby animals and daddy animals on each page, then a baby and daddy at the end.

Example page is 'Touch my stripes and hear me growl. I wag my tail, I'm on the prowl! Just like daddy!'

PS...there's also 'Just like Mummy' too!

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
Foxys girl said:
My DH didn't do anything for me on Mother's Day :'( - he actually didn't forget he just didn't bother - it was like a silent protest - we had been having some problems and he was feeling like everything was my fault and I had changed his life and he felt trapped! I was incredibly upset as you can imagine so do you think I should make any effort for him or just treat him with the same contempt that he treated me? Things are much better between us now and he's making more effort but should I?

FG
YES!! Because you are better than that!! You know what, last year for 1st mothers day DH and I had a terrible row and that acutally broke the cycle of rowing that we'd been doing since L's birth. Things got better from that day so perhaps that was my gift ^idiot^. Maybe a little gift would make him see that his life is different now in so many lovely ways which just gets better as they get older.

I have no idea what to get my DH though....!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts