Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello.  So here's me...finally at this point after 5 years ttc and having had one tube removed along the way.  Had first baseline scan yesterday, and have been feeling very nauseous today.  Starting Metformin and Menopur tomorrow.  Was also told to eat a high protein diet due to concerns about over-stimulation.  DH is being hugely supportive.  Only real worries are coping with full-time teaching / consultancy job, and also being able to eat anything much tomorrow at all, as struggling today!  Keeping up the fluids though and just trying to take one day at a time.  Did anyone else feel icky on Buserelin?  Wishing you all well on your varied journeys.  Have been visiting this site for a while now and have always taken strength from it.  Thank you. x.

·
Premium Member
18,308 Posts
Hello Fresia, welcome to Fertility Friends. :)

Well done on starting treatment. The Woking Nuffield is a fab clinic by all accounts so I am sure you will be well looked after. We have a Woking thread on FF if you want to join in the chit chat there. Here's a link to that thread.

Woking Nuffield ~ CLICK HERE

I think Burseilin can make you feel quite sicky sometimes. It didn't me but I know it has for others. I just got the hot fluushes and headaches! You might find it helpful to join the Cycle Buddies boards here - where you can meet and chat to others going through their treatment cycles at the same time. This can be really helpful to you to have those around you who are havign similar experiences so I would definitely encourage you to start posting. I will leave you a few links that you might find useful to check out while you are here. Please do post and join in wherever you feel like - you can only get the best support out of FF if you join in!

What Every New Member Needs To Know (includes a list of common abbreviations) ~ CLICK HERE

A Rough Guide To IVF ~ CLICK HERE

Cycle buddies ~ CLICK HERE

And don't forget to have a bit of fun while you are on FF and check out the general chit chat / jokes / hobbies area:

Girl & Boy talk - Community & Fun Board ~ CLICK HERE

You can also chat live in our excellent chat room. We have a newbie night in the chat room every week (Wednesday at 8pm), where you can meet other new members and get technical support with navigating the site and using all the functions available here. CLICK HERE FOR INFO ON NEWBIE CHAT

Wishing you lots of luck!

C~x

1 - 3 of 3 Posts