29,892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New home girls

·
Registered
2,729 Posts
Emily - Thanks!

Hi Jacqui

I've just had a call from Bart's. I can start stimming from today - yippee!!!!  Do I have to inject at a specific time or do I have a 'window' of when I can do it?

My next appointment is next Wednesday at 11:20.

Phew!!

Hope you're not working too hard!!

Speak later

Ronnie

·
Registered
95 Posts
Thanks Emily - gosh have we talked that much already?! ^gossip^

Hi Ronnie

Wey Hey! That's excellent news!  ^congrats^ I stimmed on Menopur and was told to inject at about the same time "within the same 4 hours" - I normally did mine between 7-8pm as I knew I'd have definitely got home from work by then. Have you done the deed yet or did DH do it for you? If so, how did it go? How was it with the injector pen? Ooh, I'm so excited for you!!!!  ^clapping^  ^jumpin^  ^pompom^

That's the same as mine - the follow up scan was the next Wednesday at which time they booked me in for another scan on the Friday to check follies had continued to grow. On the Friday they confirmed that I'd have the EC the following Tuesday and to take the final HCg on Sunday night. I was initially given just enough drugs to last until the Wednesday - they just supplied extra days as needed. Are you still sniffing the same dosage as well? Are you on any other drugs?

How is your DH - he must be so delighted!  ^spin^ At least all the drug induced mood swings were worth it!  ;D

Work came and went thankfully - at least it is a short week back. It felt a bit surreal having people ask how my "holiday" went - just told them we did some work on the house and garden and didn't manage to go away! Ho hum!!!

Anyway good luck with the stabbing if you've not done it yet! Look forward to a progress report!

Take care and congratulations on getting to the next step!

Jacqui
x

·
Registered
2,729 Posts
Hi Jacqui

Glad work went painlessly!! Did anyone at your work know about your tx? How have you been feeling?

Well, I've done the deed!! Now I've got a lump to show for it which is covered with arnica cream! I couldn't work the auto-injector properly to start with but once it was in I felt the sting & that was that!! Phew!!! I've been given 10 days' worth of drugs but knowing my track records I'll properly need more! Did you throw everything into the waste container or just the needle & syringe??

I'm now also down to 1 sniff 2x a day on my synarel.

It feels really weird to be on the next phase..it's getting closer now..eek!!!

Speak soon

Ronnie

·
Registered
95 Posts
Hi Ronnie

Well done - bet you're glad the first one is over - they'll be a doddle after that - I thought the anticipation was worse than the jab! I didn't get any lumps though - where are you injecting - tum or thigh? I thought my thigh might hurt more as it is still reasonably muscular (for my age!) whereas my tummy is a bit more on the "comfy" side! (Plus in some weird act of reasoning, I thought that the drugs would be put just that little bit closer to my ovaries - doh!)

I just threw the ampoules, both needles and the syringe into the sharps bin - the wrappers etc. went into a normal bin. It was amazing how quickly it filled up by the end of tx.

The time will really start to fly by for you now and hopefully a week tomorrow you'll have some idea of when EC will be!

Anyway, am just off to cook supper, will post again later this evening

Take care

Jacqui
x

·
Registered
2,729 Posts
Hi Jacqui

It's been a week post ET. How are you feeling? Are you OK?

Thanks for those words of encouragements! I think I set the auto-injector to the wrong setting cos I ended up with a mark on my thigh & it's prob gone in too deep!!! The hospital did set it up for me but unfortunately I twiddled with it by accident & lost the setting!!!  ^idiot^
I think you were so brave to do it without the injector..I'm still trying to pysche myself up to have a go but the thought of having to push the needle in yourself makes me feel almost sick with fear! I was told to do my thighs only. Unfortunately for me, I haven't got any fat on my legs but being an apple shape, have plenty around my belly, bit like a little buddha!!! Sounds like we're the same shape although I think you look a lot taller & thinner than me! I do hope it goes quickly & I only have to jack up for 10 days..eek!

I'll throw everything in there as well then. There are loads of rubbish after every go!!

I went to acu tonight & he treated my blood so it'd flow better in my body, especially to & from my uterus. Hope it works! He asked me how many eggs I need to produce so I told him minimum of 3 of 18mm but average (if there's such a thing) is between 15-20. Hope I was telling him correctly!

Hope you had a nice dinner.

Speak soon

Ronnie

·
Registered
95 Posts
Hi Ronnie

I'm feeling ok at the moment - just a bit tired and with incredibly sore boobs!!! I know, I can't belive I'm half way thru the 2ww already, it's gone surprisingly quickly although I have a feeling that the next week is going to drag!

I was the opposite and didn't want to have to worry about setting the injector pen which is partly why I chose Menopur. It's not that difficult injecting with the normal syringe - the needle was so fine that I never felt it going in - I did use the ice cube/bag of peas trick though! I just pinched some flesh and jabbed it straight in at 90 degrees - not painful at all thankfully. I also only bled for 3 of the jabs, so could barely see any puncture wounds the next day. Yep, I'm definitely more of an apple too! I don't know about tall and thin though - maybe dh just looks a bit short - only kidding!

I think you were right there - any more than 20 and the clinics worry about OHSS - let's hope his needles do the trick. I'm glad that the acu is going well - are you going to do it before and after et?

Anyway, am off to bed now - thank goodness the weekend is nearly here - could do with a rest!

Take care, will chat soon

Jacqui
x

·
Registered
2,729 Posts
Hi Jacqui

The weekend is here..yippee!!

Sore boobs..urgh!! I've read on this website it can be due to the pessaries? Is that right? Talking of pessaries, how are you coping with them? I guess this coming week, you'll be looking for signs & analysing everything which is only natural. At least when you're at work, you will be busy & hopefully the days will go quickly for you.

I've just read that whilst you're stimming, you should eat protein/red meat & drink about 2 ltrs of water. Is that why you were eating steak? Sorry for being so slow, it just didn't occur to me at the time!  ^idiot^ Told DH I'll have to buy steaks & also making a stewed beef next week (just in case!!). I also read that red fruits/vegs are good too??

After stabbing myself last night, I won't be going back to the injector again. At least with the jabs, you can control how fast to push the needle.  Like you, I didn't find it too painful & didn't draw blood either. Phew!!!

Speak soon

Ronnie

·
Registered
95 Posts
Hi Ronnie

I'll second that - for a three day week it's lasted an eternity! How was your day in work today? Hope you managed to rest up a bit yesterday.

I think every little symptom is down to one drug or another - I'm beginning to think that we should be kept sedated for the entire 2ww and woken up with the result - at least we wouldn't have to put up with the raving paranoia!  ^idiot^ Yes, I've definitely got very sore, veiny boobs, have had a headache all day, my acne is getting worse, getting occasional stabbing pains in tummy and feeling generally grotty. Whichever way you look at it they are all symptoms of both pg and AF so I can't win! One minute really positive and hopeful, the next convinced it hasn't worked.

Yes, sorry - I should have explained the protein thing a bit better - it's just meant to prevent the onset of OHSS (I think the stimming drugs can cause an imbalance in fluid and protein levels within the body, hence the increased fluid and protein intake).

I'm really glad you got on well with just the syringe - it's not that bad is it? It definitely gets easier every time - dh was well impressed by the final jab - said I was doing it like a pro (hope he didn't mean professional junkie!)

Sorry for having a moan tonight - I think it's cos the test date is just a bit closer and am not sure if want to know the result. Saying that though, it's becoming increasingly difficult to stay away from the pee sticks - will need a  ^police^ to keep an eye on me!

Getting a bit tired now, so will say goodnight and will chat tomorrow.

Take care and well done again on the jabs!

Jacqui

·
Registered
413 Posts
Hi Ronnie and Jacqui!

Ronnie - yea - you started stimming!  I'm glad it's going OK.  I haven't found the injections bad at all.  I find that if I put a hot flannel over the area I have just injected it really helps the sting.

Jacqui - how are you finding the 2ww?!!  I test on Oct 12th!  I had a blastocyst transfer on Oct 2nd and also got 7 frosties.  I have occassional cramping, but mostly when I need the toilet.  My boobs keep going from sore to fine everyday so I don't know what's going on.  I guess we can't read into any symptoms.  I

·
Registered
413 Posts
sorry - my message posted without completing.....I am feeling really positive about everything, but you just don't know.  At times I feel like I am about to get AF.

Soulcyster

·
Registered
2,729 Posts
Hi Jacqui

Sorry haven't replied sooner but I had such a busy day yesterday & didn't get a chance to reply!

Thanks for explaining about the protein. It was me..I just didn't realise the implication at the time..doh!!

I agree about the sedation..it would give us plenty of rest as well!  I really hope the next week fly-by for you. Have you told anyone at work about your tx?

Don't worry about having a moan (and it wasn't anyway!!)...this is what this site is about. As I said to DH the other evening, who else would understand about OHSS/jabbing/2ww symptons? Besides, you've heard me moan plenty of times & provided invaluable advice to me in the past!! I've just noticed the 'Ladies in Waiting - 2WW' topic..have you had a look??

Work is really busy at the moment. We had 4 on our team originally but 1 went to be on this project (as we're having a brand spanking new system), then last week it was announced that my colleague would be joining the project team as well so it'd leave me & my manager!!! So as well as doing my work, I'll be having my colleague's as well.  I'm not thinking about it...I'm not thinking about it... :(

I had a bad jab session the night before..it hurt sooooooo much but last night was virtually painless apart from me drawing blood when I pulled out!! It must be a leg thing! Also, I felt really sicky all day yesterday so I drank 2 lts or water (that's so hard-going!) & had steak for dinner (any excuse!!). Woke up this morning & thankfully it's subsided.

By the way STAY AWAY FROM THE PEE STICK!!!!!!!  ^bigbad^

Take care & have a lovely day..the weather is really nice here & I've already put a load of washing in (I lead such an exciting life!!)

Ronnie

Soulcyster

Good luck for the 12th..not long to go now..

·
Registered
95 Posts
Hi Ronnie

Don't worry - I've been busy most of the weekend finishing the kitchen (at last!)

No haven't told anyone at work - I didn't want the tx become common knowledge and then have to deal with a potential BFN in the midst of having to manage at work - it'd be hard enough to deal with, without the stress of everyone else knowing. Plus a colleague had IVF twins last year so the pressure to "perform" would be even greater!

God, you sound as though you're having a really tough time at work at the moment - is your manager planning to recruit two replacements or do you just have to struggle on regardless? Sounds a bit like my company!

I think it must definitely be a "leg thing" - the most pain I got from a jab was just a tiny stinging sensation towards the end of stimming when I felt the Menopur going in - I was just a bit more sensitive by then and probably jabbed close to an old jab site? You really must keep drinking the water - I try to keep a pint glass next to me at home and a litre bottle at work and just keep swigging away so I can monitor how much I've had - usually manage about 3 litres a day. It's amazing how thirsty you will start to get on the stimms, so will need to keep on top of your fluid levels. Mmm! The steak sounds good though - as if we need an excuse to eat steak!

Have stayed away from the pee sticks (just!) but had some brown spotting yesterday evening and this morning - not sure if AF or implantation bleeding so will try not to panic - yet!  :-\ Have also had a headache all day today, hot flushes and a spell of nausea. Still bloated and have sore boobs - I can't wait for Thursday now - just need to know one way or the other cos all these conflicting symptoms are driving me up the wall!  ^idiot^

Snap! Have also had a beautiful day here today - it rained all day yesterday - so have washed and dried two loads which are currently waiting to be ironed. I had fine intentions of starting the ironing tonight, but we had a powercut for almost an hour and by the time it came back on I just couldn't find the energy! (No pun intended!)

Hope your jabs continue to get better and that your boss gets his/her act together and hires someone soon!

Take care

Jacqui
x

·
Registered
95 Posts
Hi Soulcyster

I know what you mean - the symptoms are a nightmare and just seem to confirm both that you are pg and that AF is on her way at the same time! I will probably need a spell in a darkened room after all this!  ^idiot^

Good luck for Wednesday - mine is the day after so will let you know one way or the other . . .

Wishing you lots of  ^fairydust^ and hope you manage to stay sane over the next few days!

Jacqui
x

·
Registered
2,729 Posts
Hi Jacqui

Well done for finishing your kitchen - I bet you're really proud of it..it must look gorgeous!!

I understand about not telling anyone at work but it must be really hard, especially if you're feeling a bit under the weather! I've been quite lucky because when I told my manager (had to to get time off etc) he said his sister's been through IVF so he understands completely..phew!!

Work is a bit of a nightmare but I've got more important thing to worry/concentrate on & no, they won't be replacing the 2 people!  I think it's a joke sometimes for 2 people to be managing a big account but hey, I'm only a pleb..what do I know!!!

Thanks also for reminding me about the water. I'm now drinking 2 ltrs a day if not more. It certainly does help to alleviate the nausea.  When you mentioned in your previous emails about going to the loo in the middle of the night, I just thought it was because your follies were pressing on your bladder..it never occurred to me that you were drinking soooooooo much water.. ^idiot^

Oh you poor thing. You must be feeling so pants. Spotting stains sounds a bit like implantation bleed. Have you had cramping as well?  Not long until Thursday...are you tempted doing it sonner????

Speak soon & take care

Ronnie

·
Registered
95 Posts
Hi Ronnie

Yes - the kitchen looks great - can start doing all the fun stuff now by filling all the display units etc.

My boss only knows that I've had problems with bleeding in between cycles, had a lap and dye last October and have since gone private to try to establish the cause. I really hate lying to him but the stress of tx is bad enough without the added expectations of everyone else.

Too right - keep yourself focused on what is really important - work is just a means to an end. I can't belive they can expect you and your manager to do the job of four - and I bet most of the work will be put onto your shoulders.  :mad:

Feeling pretty awful at the moment - still spotting on and off and a bit was tinged pinky-red this afternoon. Am convinced it's AF and am so tempted to test tomorrow morning to confirm the worst. Haven't had any cramps yet but must only be a matter of time. Told dh about the spotting yesterday, but also said it could be implantation bleeding. Don't want to disappoint him just yet while he's still got some hope to cling to. He came in this evening and put his ear to my tummy to check on our embies.  :'(

I've still got sore veiny boobs, hot flushes, had a spell of nausea last night - so all is not lost yet, but my hopes are fading pretty fast.  :(

How did your jab go last night - is it getting any better? I still think it's down to the clinic telling you to inject in your leg - there's not much fat to pinch there so it's bound to hurt more going into muscle. Have you tried your inner thigh instead? I don't know about you but the tops of my thighs are quite muscular, whilst the inner thighs have a bit more flesh on them!

Anyway - good luck for the jab tonight

Take care, will chat soon

Jacqui
x

·
Registered
2,729 Posts
Hi Jacqui

Your symptons could be anything..probably the pessaries!!! Don't give up hope yet..I've read on this website that lots of girls have had bleeding (a whole range of colour!) & ended up with a BFP. I've got everything crossed for you between now & Thursday. In the meantime, I'm sending you  ^Cuddle^ ^Cuddle^

Yes, I've got most of that guy's work but I'm not even worried about it...just want to get Wednesday's scan out of the way..then Friday's..and the next xx weeks!  You don't need the added pressure whilst going through tx so you did the right thing not telling anyone.  When I came out of the lifts after lunch today, I was really feeling sick & my thigh was sore so I must have had a face on..this woman looked & said 'Don't worry, Ronnie, it may not happen!' I very nearly said 'Having gone through all that pain, it'd b****y better happen!'!!!!

I'm like you, I have no fat on the outer thighs, that's probably why it hurts me so much the day after..feels like I've pulled a muscle!  It doesn't hurt when the needle is going in, it's when I push the drugs into the muscle that it stings soooooooo much sometimes.  I haven't thought of inner thighs..what a brilliant idea..you're a mindful of information!!!  Having said that, it's left thigh tonight & the last time it didn't hurt at all...soooo strange..maybe because I'm left-handed & I can control it better??

Speak soon & take care of yourself

Ronnie

·
Registered
95 Posts
Hi Ronnie

Just a quick post to let you know that I started bleeding this morning - got up for the loo @ 4.30am to find lots of dark brown and red blood. Did HPT anyway which was obviously negative. Feeling pretty awful at the moment and angry that our hopes have been shattered, and I couldn't even make it to the test date.  :'(

Have had absolutely no AF pains at all, so other than the spotting, there was no warning that the witch was coming.

Will contact the clinic today, but don't hold out any hope now.

Am so hoping that it all goes well for you  ^reiki^  ^reiki^  ^reiki^

Take care and will post this evening

Love

Jacqui
x

·
Registered
413 Posts
Jacqui,

I'm so sorry that you think AF arrived.  You sound so distressed.

My clinic told me that you can have anywhere from spotting to heavy bleeding accompanied by cramps, but it doesn't mean you are not pregnant and to still come in for the blood test.  When are you testing?  Are you taking prog. pressaries and heparin?

Soulcyster

·
Registered
2,729 Posts
Hi Jacqui

I'm so so sorry to hear about your news this morning  :'(. I couldn't reply until now because I was at work.

Do you still have your AF or has it stopped?? (I'm still praying that you're going to get good news!!!)

Sending you lots of  ^Cuddle^ in the meantime.

Please look after yourself & speak soon.

Take care

Ronnie
x

1 - 20 of 62 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.