Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 835 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone

I start stims drugs tomorrow.  I haven't down regulated.  The clinic said as I had regular periods I didn't need to (still a bit concerned about this, I've only seen one other person on the site who hasn't down regulated).

I have tried to have a look around the cycle buddies threads but to be honest, to a newcomer, they are pretty confusing!  So I'm starting a new thread.  If anyone is going through treatment, especially their first, and wants to chat please leave a message.

Thanks

Claire B

·
Registered
115 Posts
Hi Claire,

Welcome, it took me a while to find my way around the site aswell but why don't you join us on Feb/Mar cycle buddies everyone is really nice, and we all support each other. 

Good luck for tomorrow sending you lots of luck and baby dust

^goodluck^ ^goodluck^ ^fairydust^ ^fairydust^ ^fairydust^

Helen x

·
Registered
431 Posts
Hi Claire
Im the same i just joined today finding it a bit confusing too!! i'v been on this computer for ages trying to find my way about!!
    I had my down regulation injection yesterday( thankfully no snuff this time!)
Im due back at the hospital on 22nd for scan &bloods and hopefully will start my injections soon after(ment to ask the nurse yesterday when exactly i will start inj,but you know what it's like you get so caught with what's happening that day you forget all the things you'v been waiting ages to ask!) This is my 1st cycle of icsi too,i had 1 cycle of iui late last year.My cycle is all over the place hence the down regulation,so try not to worry to much about not being down regulated.(I know...easier said than done!)

GOOD LUCK TOMORROW!! ^fairydust^

Talk soon GBxxx  ^daisy^

·
Registered
594 Posts
Hi claire and Gb

I am also starting my first icsi cycle tomorrow.  Starting dr tommorrow and also have scan on 22nd.  Its the sniffer for me in the morning for about 2-3 weeks i think. Hope all goes well for you and would like to keep chatting during cycle.  Take it easy.  nu2

·
Registered
181 Posts
Hi there

It's my first cycle of icsi starting on Friday.  I'll be sniffing 2x a day for a couple of weeks before startign the stimms.  Excited and aprehensive - no idea how my body will react to the drugs. nu2 - looks like I'll be running 2 days behind you - watch your back!  Be good to compare notes going through this.

·
Registered
431 Posts
Hi nu2, good luck today with the dr,as i wrote yesterday i had my dr inj on Sun,so far so good,havent realy had any ill effects,hope it stays that way.Wont b long till the 22nd! take care talk soon.

Hey sorbet,good luck for Friday!I had the snuff during my 1 &only iui cycle last year,it was ok,had a bit of flushing the occasional headache,but on the whole it was fine,hope you find it ok too!

Hi ClaireB,thinking about you today,good luck with the start of your injections!

Hope to talk to you all soon,take care
                                                                  GBxx

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi sorbet, Nu2 , Helen & GB

Thanks for your messages.  Ignore what I said about not down-regging!  I am.  I started Suprafact Injections, one a day till 22nd Feb.  First scan on 22nd Feb. 

I was confused, they didn't put me on the pill for a month (which I think I thought was down-regging!).

The injection wasn't half as bad as I thought it would be.  The needle is really tiny and honestly didn't hurt at all.  I'm sure there is worst to come though! 

Great to hear from you all, keep in touch.

Claire

·
Registered
115 Posts
Hi Clare,

Pleased to hear  you got on ok with the injections,  ^clapping^, I was exactly the same and was pleasantly surprised when it didn't hurt at all.  I've been d/r for a week now and have my first scan next Tuesday can't wait to get to the next step.

Look after yourself

Helen x

·
Registered
115 Posts
Hi Nu2 & sorbet

Good luck for the start of your cycles sending you lots of luck and babydust.

^goodluck^ ^goodluck^ ^fairydust^ ^fairydust^ ^fairydust^

Helen x

·
Registered
594 Posts
Hi all

Just checking in - day 1 almost down horray.  Looks like the 22nd is gonna be a big day for us. 
Sorbet nice to have you on board, the more the merrier i say.  Im doing 2 sniffs 4 times a day so should be fun ha.
Helen thanks for your kind words and wishes.  I love you babydust.
Claire i think confusion comes hand in hand with what we are doing as its our first but we can help each other through it.
GB we might get lucky and have no side effects at all (fingers crossed).  How cool would that be. ^reiki^
Lots of good vibes to all.  Talk to you soon. Nu2

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hi everyone

Well, 4th injection done.  No side effects at all, yet.  Anyone else got any to report? 

A friend had IVF last Nov.  Apparently, the needles do get bigger with the stimms drugs.  Thought it was too good to be true!

Have a good weekend everyone.

ClaireB

·
Registered
115 Posts
Hi Claire,

Glad your feeling ok, I haven't had any major side effects with my drugs apart from an enlarged cleavage and the last couple of days night sweats, which I have to say are particularly horrible.  The things we have to suffer !!  I start my new drugs on Tuesday so I'll look forward to the bigger needles.

Have a good weekend stay relaxed

Helen x 

·
Registered
181 Posts
I have taken my first snifs this morning - only thing I don't like about it is a nasty taste about 5 minutes later at the back of my throat.  But if that's the only side effect I have to deal with, that's just fine...  nu2 - 2 sniffs 4x a day?  ratehr a lot to remember!  I've put my phone on a reminder alarm for 7 am and pm because the clinic was quite strict on the timings.  What times do you have to follow?

It's good that there are quite a few of us who are new to this game - I'm glad we all seem to be doing well at the moment.  We all seem to be following a similar cycle date wise too which is good - we'll be panicking through the 2ww together!

Have a good weekend everyone.

·
Registered
594 Posts
HI guys

Posted a long one yesterday which seems to have gotten lost again.  It has happened to me a few times this week on the site. 
Sorbet-i get that taste as well in my mouth.  Getting used to it now.  I have 2 alarms set on my phone for all the sniffs and still manage to be late with 1 or 2 of them.  I do 8am - 1pm - 6pm - 12pm.  I agree about the 2ww.  Our fingers will fall off from typing ha.
Claire- i seem to be feeling v warm for the last 2 days and am not sure if its the meds or the weather.  I also have pmt which might explain it.  Other than that and the taste in my throat its ok.  While i thinking about it im afraid in case i bring some side affects on.  A tinge of a headache and i think........is that the meds.  Loopy ha.
Helen and GB hope you ladies are well and having a nice weekend.  Talk soon nu2

·
Registered
431 Posts
Hi All

Sorry havent posted for a few days
Nu2, i remember the sniffing well from last year,i have got a terrible memory i had alarms going off all over the place!Ah the joys!
I am also getting paraniod about side effect from my down reg injection, i'v been having terrible nightmares,but i,v been told this can happen with this drug...great!
Hi sorbet,good luck with the sniffing!
Hi Helen hope the night sweats improve!!Good news about the cleavage ha ha

Hi Claire,well done so far with the injections,hope all is well

Hope you are all having a great
                                                    weekend,talk soon
                                                                GB xx

·
Registered
594 Posts
Hi all
How are things going.  Not much to report.  Got a v painful AF over weekend and one or two sweats but so far so good.  Hope you are all well and had a romantic valentine's. Roll on another week of sniffing and injections for us all ha.  Nu2

·
Registered
181 Posts
Where are my symptoms?!

I feel like I'm not even on a treatment - the one and only symptom I have had so far is that weird metallic taste at the back of the throat.  Nothing else - no headaches, no nightsweats, no mood swings, nothing.  Either that means I've been exceptionally lucky so far, or the drugs are simply not working.  Hoping like crazy that they are in fact doing their job, and I'm just blissfully unaware of it.  GB - at least you know the drugs are doing something!

Nu2 - sorry to hear that af was painful - probably even more so I'd imagine for this time - I was warned that it will be so because the womb is emptying itself completely. 

We're going away this weekend to the seaside to try and relax - looking forward to it already despite the fact that it's only Tuesday...

Take care.

·
Registered
594 Posts
HI sorbet

Thats great you have no symptoms and have a great weekend.  Thats a really good idea to chill out.  Could do with it myself.  Didnt realise exactly why AF was so painful my clinic hav'nt really informed me of much.  Ive been learning a lot from this site to thanks to all for your help. Talk soon.  Nu2

·
Registered
431 Posts
Hi All!

Hope you are all having a good week so far,and getting on OK with the D/R.Haven't really got much news today,but i am feeling better in myself,getting excited about next week (hoping to start stims then)

Anyway how are you all getting on:

Nu2,won't be long now until the 22nd(another step closer!!)Hope your pain is easier today,  ^hugme^

Sorbet,glad you haven't had any symptoms so far,long may it continue  ^reiki^ Hope you have a great weekend at the seaside,relax & enjoy! talk soon. ^holiday^

Helen how are you? How did the scan go yesterday? Did you start the new drugs?Hope it went well for you!! ^reiki^

Claire,how's it going with injections,hope all is well,hope to talk soon :)

Hope i haven't missed anyone,well i better get going I've to be at the hairdressers in half an hour..yikes!!!

Oh just wanted to say I'm back on the STRICT diet,seem to have put on a couple of pounds over the last week and i really cant afford to put on any with my scan next week(my clinic is very strict) so i will have to be VERY good! :mad: ^scales^ no treats whatsoever!!!!!

Hope this post finds you all well  ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^

Take care GB xx  ^fairydust^ ^fairydust^

·
Registered
594 Posts
HI all

GB-Good luck with the diet.  Im hopeless at mo.  Keep telling myself next month ha. pain has passed thankfully.  Had massive headache all day yesterday and felt v weary about it all but ok again today.  Im on the rollercoaster WEEEEEEEE up and down, and up and down ha.  Dp seemed to be a litte p....d off in himself too so i need to give him plenty of tlc.  Forget about his emotions sometimes when im dealing with my own.  Anyway how's the other girlies doing.  Symptom free and in great humour i hope.  Fingers crossed.  Talk soon.  Nu2

1 - 20 of 835 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.