Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi to everyone, I am new to this site.  Starting my first ICSI cycle on 2nd of Feb, been ttc for 5 years, DH has had vasectomy reversal unfortunately no go for a natural pregnancy.  Have been amazed at how many positive stories there are here, its has been really helpful for me to stay in the right frame of mind.  My main worry for next week is the pain involved from the needle as my past experiences tell me I am not very good with them, anyone got any suggestions?

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
Hi there,

A warm welcome to FF! 

Wishing you luck with your ICSI.  Why not join the Feb cycle buddies on the Cycle buddies board?  You will get tons of support and advice there.

As for the injections, have you had injection training?  Also after the first couple it does get easier.

Laine x

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Laine,

No I havn't had any injection training yet, having first injection and training in one go next week.  I am worried I won't be able to do it on my own when I get home.  I also see you suffer from migraine, so do I, did you have any problems with the drugs? and what tablets did you take while you were on the treatment as I am worried that the ones I am on are too strong, sorry too many questions not enough time!!

x

·
Premium Member
1,980 Posts
Hi mummymaybe

I did all my injections manually in the tummy. I liked that fact that I had total control doing them manually although some clinics provide autoinjectors if you prefer.

I have read that there are less nerve endings in the tummy and my own experience was that on some days I didn't even feel the needle go in. I didn't have a single bruise during the whole cycle compared to alot of my friends who injected in the leg and were covered in bruises!!

It really is personal preference and your nurse should talk you through the different options.

Good luck with your tx

Nicky x

·
Registered
151 Posts
Hi mummymaybe

this web-site is great ^wave^
i'm on my second icsi and i did all my injections in my tummy manually and used the autojector in my thigh it is daunting at first but you do get used to it!! mind you the bruises did sometimes make me want to  ^furios^
^goodluck^ with everything

xxflamencaxx ^evil^

·
Registered
339 Posts
Hi mummymaybe...welcome

I too am undergoing my first cycle icsi due to my husband having had a vasectomy reversal. Please come & join us on the Male Factor Icsi board..lots of us going through the same thing over there.

I have been injecting since Jan 5 & all is well..it is scary at first but you soon get into it & it strangely doesn't hurt..but then I have a good inch to pinch which helps !

Good luck with your cycle

Love
B x

·
Registered
484 Posts
Hi Mummymaybe

we are also having icsi s dh had unsucessful vas reversal.  We did our first and got a pos result but m/c at 6 weeks.  It can happen !!!  we are about to have our 2nd cycle in a few weeks..all very exciting.  Like the thers have said ...please join us on the male factor icsi thread, we supprt each other and help each opther thru each step.  Which clinic you at btw?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts