Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
29,892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hiya

Just wondering if anyone can help

After will it wont it, i have had confirmation to attend my first ivf appt on wednesday

Just wondering to stop be obsessing on what willhappen on the day what normally happens

Will i have to have an internal examination??

I am having tvs an hour before the appt with the prof

also any experience of jessops ??

Ta muchly
Emilyxx

·
Premium Member
1,980 Posts
Hi Emily

I have never had an internal exam at a fertility clinic  - only scans and bloods.

Good luck on Wednesday!

Nicky x

·
Registered
426 Posts
just wanted to wish you all the best on your ist ivf appt all i had was my blood took and scans
all the best for your future treatment xx lisa xx

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
Just wanted to wish you luck with your first appointment.  We both had our blood taken and I had to have an internal scan.  We had loads of paperwork to sign as well.

Best of luck and take care love  Shaz xxx

·
Registered
710 Posts
Hiya - just wanted to say good luck with your appointment. Like Shaz I had to have an internal scan & lots of paperwork etc....I waited to have my bloods taken at my local hospital, only because I'm such a big baby with needles & had to get the numbing cream  ;D
Anyway all the best for Wednesday
noodle xx

G

·
Hi Emily

Good luck for Wednesday!

It depends how recently you had investigations as to what will happen

This is what I remember:

1. have a talk about your history, your partners history and the process itself - how the treatment progresses.
2 You will have to complete blood hormone levels tests if you haven't recently had any - to check that all of your hormones are in the "normal" catagory and they don't have to change any of them. Some of these tests are needed between 2-7 days after the start of a period, so you may have to wait another month to get the outcomes of these bloods.
3. A pelvic ultrasound to check ease of access to your ovaries for egg collection
4. a wad of legal forms, such as the welfare of the child form and consent to treatment.

The doctor should also give you a time frame - this will differ if you are NHS or private. You may still have to wait a little whille but hold on in there  :)

Let us know how you got on - hope this helps

Witch xx

·
Registered
492 Posts
Hi Emily,

Remember me from the chatters?

Just waiting for my first IVf appt - should be in about 4 weeks, so thanks for asking the question!

All the best to you

Cathy

·
Premium Member
29,892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hiya

Thanks for replying

I was away for a few days as clinic near mum so stayed there a few days

Thanks for the advice, the prof didnt see any reason to do bloods because i have been on a course of zoladex for endo and my hormones are a bit screwed up still so he wanted to wait a few more months

Meanwhile hes trying to see if he can sort funding out

Major shock was i went for eggsharing and came out needing an egg donor such a turnaround

I see him again in september which is ok because i am due an op in June so i should be fully recovered by then

Thanks
Emilyxx

PS yes cathy i do remember u honey good luck with ur appt!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.