Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone my name is Sonia, I am 26 and have PCOS and my DH has a low sperm count so we have been reccommended for IVF with ICSI. We are going to have our treatment at the Oxford fertility clinic we are just waiting for the go ahead from them! It is such a rollar coaster and although my friends and family have been great they all have children and don't really know what to say.

So if anyone has any advice for that first cycle please let me know! Iam looking forward to gettting to know you all!

Chat soon

Sonia.x.x.x.x

·
Premium Member
1,871 Posts
^hello^ Sonia! :) :-*

Welcome to Fertility Friends, you have come to a fab place for support and friendship. ;)

I'm going to leave you some links to boards that will help you with your journey. On these boards you will be able to meet other members who can offer you support and understanding of your situation ;).

Starting out & Diagnosis ~
CLICK HERE

What Every New Member Needs to Know ~
CLICK HERE

For the ICSI board -CLICK HERE

ICSI - Questions for your first cycle consultation ~ (use the ones that apply)
CLICK HERE

Male factors -CLICK HERE

Your DH may want to sign up for support from other guys

The Mens Room~

CLICK HERE

When your ICSI cycle starts you can chat to girls on here who are going through treatment at the same time

For Cycle buddies -CLICK HERE

That should keep you busy for a while! However, don't forget to have a bit of fun while you are on FF and check out the general chit chat / jokes / hobbies area
G&B - Community Fun board
CLICK HERE

To make the site easier to navigate click on the index tab at the top of any page - pink hearts mean there is something new within the board you have not read/looked at and if you scroll right down you will see the last ten posts from all over FF all are clickable ;) if you refresh this page (f5) it will update the last ten posts as well as the boards/threads and who's online!!!
take some time to look at the help tab too ;)

Check out the Locations boards for where you live & a site search for your clinic ;) A great area to chat to local girls and perhaps meet up for real, if that is your kind of thing! Also a place to go for the lowdown on your local clinic.

Wishing you Friendship ^fairydust^ & ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^
^goodluck^ Dont forget to let us know how you get on!

Louj :-* :)

·
Registered
581 Posts
Hi Sonia,

Welcome to FF!!  I've been a member here for quite a few months now and don't know what I would've done without the support of these guys!!  I had my first ICSI and I'm now waiting to go for second attempt. 

I know what you mean about a rollercoaster and friends and family not knowing what to say.  We haven't really told anyone but our parents and 1 friend of mine.

The only advice I can give you is to try and stay positive  (I'll send you some ^reiki^) and whatever happens, remember you're not alone.  Theres always someone here at whatever time, day or night if you're feeling down, want a rant or even just to say  ^hello^ and chat.

I wish you every luck with you tx and look forward to hearing/reading how you're doing!!

Suzee xx  :-* xx

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks suzee it is nice to have somewhere to turn to! I know what you mean about not telling many people we are in the same situation as you our parents know and my 2 best friends. It is just such a nightmare as I am a Pre school teacher and I am constantly being asked any baby news yet??? And I know when I do finally have to say no actually we are going through IVF the colour is going to drain from their face and a horrible silence will follow!

Anyway thanks for your support I have my fingers crossed for your second cycle and will let you know when the ball finally starts rolling for me!

thanks again
Sonia.x.x.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Hi Sonia,
Welcome to the best place around for support. The girlz on here have kept me sane(ish!!) through all my treatments. I'm doing ICSI and have just finished my 2nd cycle and got a BFP!!!! My advice to you would be Talk,Talk,Talk with your DH about everything you're feeling/going through with your treatment. ICSI has definitely brought me and DH closer together. There is light at the end of the tunnel and miracles happen every day hunny. My DH has now learnt that he has got an emotional side  ;D He didn't have before treatment but with everything you experience together I'm sure it'll bring out feelings neither of you thought about. Stay positive and try and stay relaxed with treatment. Easier said than done, I know.
Good luck with your journey. Don't forget that there is ALWAYS someone to talk to on here. Even if you think what you're feeling/thinking is silly just ask. Someone will be going through the same thing at more or less the same time as you.
Sending you a  ^hugme^ and  ^reiki^  ^reiki^
Sarah xx

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Congratulations Sarah that is fantastic news! ^hugme^ :-\ And thank you I will, I know he is just as shell shocked as me at the moment but I know we will get through it together!

Congratulations again.x.x.x.x.x.x.x

·
Premium Member
13,830 Posts
Hi Sonia and welcome to the site :)

You have come to a fantastic site full of advice and support and you have been left some great links to try out.

I just wanted to wish you loads of luck for when your treatment starts and do come over to the oxfordshire thread where loads of the girls have had or having treatment at the Oxford fertility unit.

Kate xx

·
Registered
29 Posts
Hi Sonia,

Wishing you good luck on your journey and all the best - I've only just discovered this site (all are very supportive) and have just started my first cycle (currently on the down-regulation drugs) :-\ so my emotions are all over the place, on the one hand I can't wait because soon I WILL ;D have my dream come true and on the other hand I don't know how I'll cope if it fails. :'( Due to where I live we have to pay for treatment and it's taken us 2 years to afford this cycle and as I'm soon to be 29 I feel waiting another 2yrs will be unbearable. But I'm trying to stay postive and having poeple hear to talk to how understand is getting me through each day, as friends and family try to help but if I hear one more 'just relax' or 'it'll hapen soon' or the worst one of all 'you know so in so's Pregnant ' I'll mass murder the lot of them!!!!! ^bigbad^

sending lot's of ^hugme^ and ^reiki^
Rheann

1 - 10 of 10 Posts