Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi this is my first time on FF. I have been trying to concieve for 2 and half years. Have recently (sept 2010) had a Laparotomy to remove a rather large chocolate cyst, where they also discovered i have severe endometriosis. I was recommended Prostap but the side effects frightened the life out of me so i have put them off! Each month the pain has been getting worse so in the end i have given in and had the Prostap on wednesday (15th dec). I am worried now that i may have left it too long and the endo has grown back.
Has anyone been in this situation? and will the Prostap still be effective? Do the side effects happen immediatly? as touch wood at the mo havnt had any!

Thanks in advance ladies xxx

·
Premium Member
1,570 Posts
Hi Nixy and welcome to FF.

Youve joined a great community here.  Its amazing the support and friendship ive got through here.

I hope youve fully recovered from your laparotomy.  Ive stopped reading the side effects of my painkillers, as sometimes you think the side effects are worse than the actual cause.

I tried prostrap a few years ago, but it didnt really work for me, im now on zoladex which is a similar drug.  I hope after a couple of months it will start to ease your pain and you will see the benefits.

Looking forward to chatting to you more xx

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Nickym, thanks for your reply!

Yes i agree its definatly better not to read the side effects or else we wouldnt take anything at all!
Im recovering well thankyou and im due back work in january, quite looking forward to it actually!
Did you have many side effects from the  Prostrap? was there any reasons for it not to work? I hope this new drug is working better for you.
xx

·
Registered
114 Posts
Hi
I have just posted and also new like yourself.
Sorry can I ask what Prostap is?
I have struggled for 19 years never knowing what was wrong, so glad to now have a diagnosis.
What is your next stage?
I hope you are recovering well after Lap, I also have my 3 wounds healing.
Best Wishes
Glad I came on here now as I have felt I was the only one in world going through this.
xx

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.