Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm day 8 after embryo transfer and I don't think it's been successful. I don't have blood tests until day 12 but I took a cheap early test and it detected no HCG. I'm broken hearted. I had 5 eggs collected, only 3 good enough for fertilization and then only one that reached a good level for transfer. I'm 42, single and really want my own child. I'm devastated and just need to know how too keep going, emotionally, financially etc. Any ideas, thoughts or guidance???

·
Registered
106 Posts
Hey Belfast . It’s brutal isn’t it . However it all
Depends on how much you’re willing to spend . Im 43 and going through my first round of ivf . I should be getting egg collection this week.

For me what really helped is I am prepared for my own eggs not to work . I went through a huge amount of grief and come to terms with using a donor egg . This costs obviously so I would go abroad for that .
Of course I would want my own eggs to work but there are other options . It doesn’t have to be the end of the road . You can be a mummy and god with provide the soul . You just have to put together the carriage for that soul .
I know it’s immensely hard to move beyond using your own eggs . For me I am
Doing three rounds back to back and then I will
Have a rest and then move to donor eggs . I will Feel I’ve given it my best shot what I could cope with mentally . By accepting ik
Likely to have to move to donor egg has helped me be less stressed , Infact a lot less stressed as it doesn’t matter too much now if my eggs don’t work .
Xx

·
Registered
Hi, my name s Kelly and I’m 40 and going though my
3 Posts
Hi Belfast,
I’m currently on day 12 of the TTW but have decided to wait to day 16 just to be sure I get an accurate result. I don’t want any fault positives or negatives because my levels aren’t high enough to read on a per stick.
I too have worried about if it doesn’t work. The costs are crazy and I worry about the debt I will accumulate before the baby is even born should I be successful. For me I have had to put a limit on it. I know it’s hard to think about especially if it does dent work and you reach that limit but, I guess you have to really think about what you can and can’t do/afford and the impact that will have on you and your potential family. Good Luck and I hope you still Get your positive.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi Belfast,
I’m currently on day 12 of the TTW but have decided to wait to day 16 just to be sure I get an accurate result. I don’t want any fault positives or negatives because my levels aren’t high enough to read on a per stick.
I too have worried about if it doesn’t work. The costs are crazy and I worry about the debt I will accumulate before the baby is even born should I be successful. For me I have had to put a limit on it. I know it’s hard to think about especially if it does dent work and you reach that limit but, I guess you have to really think about what you can and can’t do/afford and the impact that will have on you and your potential family. Good Luck and I hope you still Get your positive.
I am going to have to sit down and really think about finances because I've have huge anxiety over money. I might need to go to an overseas clinic but I've had such issues here with sperm donation too because of Brexit. It's a nightmare. Thank you for your kind words. I appreciate the support you get on this forum

1 - 8 of 8 Posts