Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 127 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:-\

Hi Guys

Due to start 'sniffing' around the 24th August - New to all of this as only found out ISCI needed end of July - What is down regging and can I join the gang??

·
Registered
27 Posts
Hiya Lollyalt! ^wave^

I started sniffing on the 26th july, about 2 and half weeks ago and so far so good!!! ;D

I am due to have the embryo transfer on 4th sept if i respond to the drugs ok, i seem to be so far anyway, am nervous about starting my injections, they are due to start on 20th august!!! ^scared^

I think down regging means suppressing your hormones with the nasal spray that we have to take to control our ovaries and womb etc!!! (don`t quote me on that though) :-\

Anyway good luck and welcome to the sniffers club!!! hahaha!!! :D

Hope to hear from you soon,

Love chazzie xxx ^fairydust^

·
Registered
139 Posts
Hi Lolly and Chazzie,

Welcome, I hope you dont mind me butting in, I remember my first time and how nervous I was about injections etc..........so I just wanted to reassure you both that its fine.....my DH does all my injections (bless him!!) Im still undecided 3rd time down the line whether or not he actually gets pleasure from this or not !!! I guess it depends on how much moaning ive done that day........only kidding, he wanted to do it so that he felt he could be a part of it.

Youre right about the down regging bit, jargons a bit confusing eh !!! On the home page index you will see a jargon page that deciphers what on earth everyone is talking about !!!! it helped me anyway....

Im due for my ET on the 6th Sept, so it would be nice to know how youre both doing.

Anyway ^Cuddle^hugs and luck to you both....

Andrea x

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi

We were wondering about the injections - very nervous about doing them myself - could get DH to do them, but think he might enjoy it too much - How are the hormones on the sniffing??
From the guidelines they have given me ET should be around 23/9 but that is as long as I have textbook responses to the drugs. It will be good to keep in touch - Good luck to both of you!

·
Registered
139 Posts
Hi Lolly,

Im sorry, I cant comment on the sniffing (hormones not glue that is !!) as ive never done this, always injected.

I know that some clinics have different types of needles, ive heard that some are like a pen which maybe you could deal with ? it would definitely be worth enquiring. What really helped me and my DH was that we had a little practice with a couple of empty needles prior to treatment to make sure we were happy, we also did this at the clinic to make sure we were doing it right with a nurse there

Dont be too worried about whether youre treatment goes according to schedule, in my experience its better to just go with the flow as neither of my previous two turned out how I expected and I know that this just stressed me out even more!! so.... im just chilling this time (maybe you can remind me I said that during the 2 week wait !!!!) ^chuckle^

Anyway, take care, sending you hugs ^Cuddle^

·
Registered
56 Posts
Hi,

I started sniffing on 2nd August. Not noticed anything yet. I am feeling excited and worried, and can't settle to anything!

An evil nurse made me practice injection technique on myself when I went for my instructions. Actually, it was a great idea, because I know I can do it and don't need to worry now. It wasn't that bad. Had used autoinjector before where you don't have to see the needle. I'm sure we will all manage fine. ^banana^

Good luck

Treen

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi all,

I am starting needles the 23rd Aug.  I went yesterday for them to show me how to do it and it is fine, didn't hurt and the needle is really, really small.

Kirsti

·
Registered
27 Posts
Hi Girls!!!  ^wings^

Went for baseline scan on thursday and was told that i was ready to start on the injections, Hurray!!!  ^spin^

My husband is having to do the injections for me as i just can`t bear to do it myself!

So far so good, have next scan on thursday to see if i`m responding to the injections ok.

Hope you are all ok and hope to hear from you soon.

Love Chazzie xxx

·
Registered
139 Posts
Hi Chazzie,

I was really glad to see youre baseline scan went well and that youve managed to sort out what youre doing with the injections, honest its really not that bad especially if your DH is doing it for you, just close your eyes and think of something lovely...

I had my baseline on Friday and unfortunately have a big fat cyst of my left ovary.  They wont let me start stimming until it goes so ive got to go back next Friday for another scan to see whats happened, if anything.....looks like they will probably abandon treatment :-[ im so gutted, have shed bucket loads of tears this weekend, but I guess if its not meant to be then its not meant to be...

Well, good luck with the injecting, dont forget to alternate it between your thigh, tummy and bum, just saves any one area becoming sore...youll probably be feeling like a bit of a sieve by the end of the week !

Luv Andrea

·
Registered
27 Posts
Hi Andrea!  :)

So sorry to hear your news,  keeping fingers crossed for you both on friday,  let`s hope it`s good news for you! 

If all goes to plan i should have my et on 4th sept, just before you were due,  let`s hope you won`t be long after me!

I got so annoyed yesterday as i was prepping my injection, i spilled the lot on the kitchen work top and had to start again!  :mad:

So now we have to go get some more cos they only gave me enough for 12 days and i am now a day short!!!!  :mad: :mad: :mad:

Anyway that`s the least of our worries, i am now paranoid that the drugs are not working yet again,  think i need to just try and relax abit!!!  hahahaha!!! 

Well, i will be thinking of you on friday and good luck again!

Hope to hear from you soon!

Love Chazzie xxx

·
Registered
50 Posts
Hi
New to all of this but started injecting Menopur last Thursday after good Day 0 scan (baseline?).  Slowly getting used to injections (after nearly fainting on the first day!!) and now getting a few pains (like period pain) in lower abdomen.  Hopefully this just means I am responding to hormones.  Anyone experiencing the same?

Hot flushes seem to have finally stopped anyway, other than that no other effects.

Next scan this Friday to see if follicles have grown....

Good luck to all.
Excellent web site! 
^goodluck^

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi there

I'm on my first ICSI and started Menopur too last Thursday.  Have to go for scan and blood test tomorrow to make sure it's doing the job/I'm not being over stimulated.

Nice to meet everyone.

Old English

·
Registered
139 Posts
Hi Chazzie and everybody....

Wow we are getting a gang together now arent we, good luck to you all, we sound like a load of druggies talking about our needles and stuff dont we !!! I do laugh to myself....

Chazzie, I laughed when I read your message about dropping your drugs all over the kitchen top as it made me think of a time recently when I made my DH laugh when he was about to do the injection and he just squirted the whole blimmin lot all over me by accident !!!!!!!!!  ::) tut, men, no staying power eh!!

Anyway, I'll post again on Friday the outcome of my scan for the dreaded cyst...have a great week everybody....

Love A x

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hi Guys, Hope you are all well. Fingers crossed for you all.

My DH and I are discussing how much time I should take off of work after ET. I am having the week they take the eggs and they are ET the same week so was thinking of having the following week which would be my first week of my 2WW off work to rest. What does everyone else do? ^eyes^

·
Registered
50 Posts
Hi lollyalt

Unfortunately I will have to go back to work after EC/ET week as I'm a teacher and don't get annual leave.  If I had the choice I would take the first couple of days off that week to rest a bit more, but then get back into work as sitting at home gives you too much time to think during the 2ww I think! 

ttfn
su23

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Hi
Will take the time off as unpaid sick, but just want to be sure that I am doing the right thing. Zita West book says complete rest, the clinic says there is no reason you can't go back to work the same day after ET - i jus wondered what the general was.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Hello All,

I'm in for EC tommorrow which I guess means ET could be on Friday if all goes well!!

Su - I've had period like pains or the last 4 days; have had two scans since and my follies were coming along nicely - so I'd take it as good news that something positive is happening.  Don't know about you - but I keep bloody running to the toilet  ^eyes^.

I've had to take annual leave for the three days covering EC and ET but I didn't want work to know that I was undergoing treatment!  Thank God, for the Bankie weekend - at least I can have a rest but I think it's probably better to go back to work rather than torment yourself with the 2ww - but what do I know - I'm new to all this and I'm learning as I go along.

Big hugs and loves  :-* ;D :-*
Amanda xx

·
Registered
139 Posts
Hi lollyalt,

I think its a very personal thing as to how long you take off after ET, I myself completely rested for 48 hours and then just resumed normal gentle stuff.  I didnt do anything like lifting heavy things in the 2ww but apart from that I exercised as normal etc.

I have read in lots of places that the first 48 hours is the most crucial, but after that iI guess its down to nature to take its course and theres not much we can do for our embies...but equally i think its about squaring it in your own mind.

I always think of all those lucky people that just naturally fall pregnant and dont even realise until 6 weeks down the line and all the time theyve been leading their normal lives.

No matter what anyone says you will instinctively do what you personally feel is right and thats all that matters, good luck.

Andrea x

·
Registered
56 Posts
Hello All, Glad to see things are happening for some of you- this waiting all the time drives me mad!
Andrea- good luck with the scan re cyst. I had cysts when I was having injections for ovulation induction in the past, and had to abandon that months treatment- it is such a disappointment when you are all psyched up.
Chazzie- we are both at Centre for Life. Seem to be quite good there as far as I can tell so far.
I am due baseline scan on Thurs, so keep your fingers crossed for me, then hopefully injections and EC on Thurs 9th.
I am being a wimp and taking the week of egg collection as hols/ sick leave and the week after as holiday. This is partly because I work in a fairly stressful job and also because I have to book appts in for clients that I wouldn't want to cancel if the treatment was moved back a week. So I have a week's leeway if need more downregging, or first week of 2ww off if all goes to plan. If delayed more than that I am in big trouble...
How is stimming going everyone?

Treen

·
Registered
50 Posts
Hi all,
How's it going?
Stimming going OK but feel yukky today :( .  The pains have stopped but constant headache despite paracetamol and lots of water.  Also feeling nauseous, really tired and teary, and my DP would probably say I'm a bit ratty too.  Anyone else feel the same?
Sorry, I sound like a huge great moaning thing today.  Just needed to offload.
Any ideas on getting rid of headaches?  That would be a start...
The sun is shining here anyway..  ^sunny^
Good luck to all for the scans this week.
Su x

1 - 20 of 127 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.