Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone - this is my first time on this site.

I'm so relieved that a site like this exists. When everyone around you seems to be having babies, you sometimes feel like you're the only one in the world having problems trying to conceive...

My husband and I have been trying to conceive for approx. 5 years. After lots of tests and a lapraspcopy, my next step is to have IVF (not 'HIV' as my Dad keeps saying!). I've got lots of questions to ask the consultant when I next see him. However, when I last saw him he briefly mentioned that there's no free funding available for IVF at the moment... I thought everyone had one free go at IVF? Is this not the case in reality?

Many thanks, U2fan x

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
Welcome to FF - I'm sure you will make lots of friends & people who are in a similar position to you will be able to help with all your questions! ;D

Wishing you lots of luck of your journey to parenthood.

Superal ;D

·
Registered
432 Posts
Hi U2fan

Youv'e certainly come to the right place, however regarding HHS funding it is very much a postcode lottery and even then you have the differing criteria that each county PCT set. I would suggest that you telephone your PCT and find out one if they have any funding, and if so make sure to get a copy of the criteria that they set. However, please note that even if you do get funding you want to also find out which clinic or hospital would you be sent to and then go and look at thier success results on the HFEA website. I know that I come under Berkshire and would be sent to the John Radcliffe at Oxford if I could get funding, but we dont meet the criteria so have decided to go private. However the John Radcliffe do not have very good results so I would prefer to pay to go somewhere which on paper gives me more than twice the chance than the free go. If you have not looked at the HFEA site, have a look it is very informative. Good luck with your treatment.

Janna :)

·
Registered
99 Posts
hi u2fan,welcome to ff ,hope to see you in the chat room some time,good luck with ttc,josiemosie xxxxxxxx

·
Registered
2,417 Posts
hi there,

this site is wonderful.  its a great support and the other ladies are great ;D  its nice to know that others really do understand what we all feel.

Bendybird.xx
^fairydust^

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.