Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi ladies,

I'm 34 yo and me and fiancée have been trying to conceive naturally for 2 years and had 2 m/c in the process.
We are going to start our IVF journey in 2 weeks time when i will be having my period and start injections etc..
Our issues a few. He has less than 1% normal sperm, low concentration and low motility. Even after quitting smoking and cutting drinking it wasn't good news, hence the ICSI or actually the doctor mention something else like PICSI but not entirely sure what it is. Me, on my side, have PCOS but very regular periods (30days) and a good ovary reserve, possibly way too many follicles. Last scan on CD2 i had 36 on one side and 29 the other. This was back in July 21.
I'm a noob in the IVF world and I'm discovering a finding out new things on daily basis and saying im terrified and excited at the same time it not enough!
looks like my fertility doctor (we are going private) is concerned with OHSS so she said we will start with a low dose when doing injections and i will have to have a scan every 2 days which is not ideal considering i live near Luton and the clinic is in London and i work from home. Also i wont have the usual trigger shot when it comes to it but instead something like Buserelin if I'm not wrong. Also she said absolutely not fresh transfer after egg retrieval, so she said to wait a month so my ovaries can rest and the FET. Now, i cannot seem to be able to work out when, if i get pregnant (very aware first round might not work at all), i could be giving birth. According to my calculation it could anywhere around end of july, but i don't know what they mean when they say a month rest for the ovaries. a month from when? egg retrieval or my period after egg retrieval? and usually when is transfer done? before next period, after, ovulation? no idea.
The issue is we are getting married 13th May next year in Italy, and we have already moved it once, we should have got married this weekend coming actually, but we had a few reason to move it.
At my best guess and best case scenario im looking at having 2 weeks old baby on the big day which i personally dont mind at all. but again its not in UK so will the baby able to fly? and all those questions baby health related that comes with it...

Looking forward to have some explanation on how this journey time-lapse might work
Chess
xx

·
Registered
145 Posts
Hi Chess, I had IVF and a freeze-all because of OHSS, I can share my timeline if it helps (although do keep in mind that it'll change depending on your personal cycle). I started my period on 2 December, egg collection was on 14 December, FET on 15 February, baby due date was 3 November. So from first period to baby due there were 11 months in-between. Good luck!

·
Registered
3,282 Posts
I would say, to take things one step at a time, as you never know what could change or happen. I have known women wait 3 months before they can go a head with a FET. Good luck. X

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
so just had a consultation with the nurse and looks like we are going to have to move our wedding again.
I had no idea about the withdrawn bleeding that doesn't count like a period and so before starting FET i will have to wait until my proper next period.
The wedding venue owner is getting super frustrated too and quite rude if you ask me when I actually thought that in this business people would have to be quite empathic and understanding but nope, just money making so we are contemplating changing venue altogether.
Anyways, going to have my prescriptions sent o me this week and then ask for a quote at ASDA i suppose ad my clinic rely on Stork which i have read here is quite the common used by clinic anyway.

fingers crossed all goes fine and baby dust to all

·
Registered
3,282 Posts
thank you both for your replies,

Stacey would you know why they had to wait 3 months for FET?
I have seen different reasons, one they want a couple of natural periods first and some, because that has just been the hospital policy x

·
Registered
3,282 Posts
so just had a consultation with the nurse and looks like we are going to have to move our wedding again.
I had no idea about the withdrawn bleeding that doesn't count like a period and so before starting FET i will have to wait until my proper next period.
The wedding venue owner is getting super frustrated too and quite rude if you ask me when I actually thought that in this business people would have to be quite empathic and understanding but nope, just money making so we are contemplating changing venue altogether.
Anyways, going to have my prescriptions sent o me this week and then ask for a quote at ASDA i suppose ad my clinic rely on Stork which i have read here is quite the common used by clinic anyway.

fingers crossed all goes fine and baby dust to all
I am sorry to hear this. This is the last thing you need, extra stress on top of the stress of going through fertility treatment. I hope you get it sorted x

1 - 7 of 7 Posts