Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All

I am due to start IVF for the oct and nov cycle with possible egg retrieval at beginning of december.
Got my period today and was devastaged as really thought that this month (as i do every month) was going to be our lucky month. I don't think i have ever prayed so hard in all of my life. but hence it did not work, nobody was listening.......yet again....
so now i have to psych myself up for what is ahead, the sooner i accept it the better i suppose, my husband is in total denial, we have been trying for 3 years now and have had 1 miscarraige.
I was told recently that one of my tubes is blocked.
So we gave ourselves till the end of sept, have been on clomid since april. So now the crossroads has arrived and i feel we have no choice but to try give this a go, just don't know if we are going to be strong enough to cope with the whole thing.
would appreciate if i could join in the chats as i think this site is fantastic  for support even tho  i have not been on it much lately i have a feelin that i will be posting a lot in the coming weeks!
started the pill today.......

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
hi michellehere am about to start my first ivf cycle too  around the same time just awaiting period starting to get the ball rolling. unlike you i have given up the hoping every month was told years ago it was very very unlikly but still got the hopes up every month just to be knocked down life is not fair why us eh but at least we are offered a bit of hope with ivf thats the way i c it anyway!!! wishing you all the luck in the world yu will find plenty help here i have already. hopefully we will be able to help each other through it all

lots of love ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^chellexxx

·
Registered
473 Posts
Hi

We are just about to start our 2nd cycle of donor egg IVF.  Donor is d/r at moment and has a baseline scan on Monday, 3rd October. 

I found this site a great help and comfort - made plenty of good friends.  hope you have too.

Anyway, all the best for your treatment.  hope everything goes smoothly and you get a BFP.

Carol
xxx

·
Premium Member
2,193 Posts
Hi Dee

I know how scary it can seem when you are faced with such an enormous decision but you are among lots of friends here and we really do know how you are feeling and what you are going through.

I have my first IVF a couple of months ago and am starting again immediately.  Like you I was scared but excited at the same time.  You are going on a journey, you and DH together.  Sometimes it will be tough, that's when you have us to give you support.  Sometimes it will be exciting, when you see your follies growing inside you or DR tells you how many eggs he collected.  Every day will be different.  But they all lead to the goal of your baby.  Keep that in your head.

If I have any advice to give regarding DH I would say, talk to him.  Involve him in every stage.  If you need him to hold your hand when you go to the clinic then ask him.  My DH got the shock of his life the first time he came into the room when I was having a scan (he hadn't realised what was going to happen and just wandered in there after me!!!) but by the end of my/our treatment he was asking the doctor questions and getting involved in al; the stages.  He even carried my sample down the hospital corridor when I ended up having OHSS!!!!!!!!!!!  I call that true love  ;D ;D ;D

Lots of love and luck to you
Allison xxxx  ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.