Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Helloooooooooo there
I had this site saved in my favourites for a while; sorry its taken so long to join in.  My story goes like this; dh and I have been married 6 years. We have been ttc for many of those years. I am 32 now so we thought we would check out the situ. Found that dh had low motility and count. dh quit smoking and took zinc and other vitamins and 4 tests later we are told that his count is borderline and there is no reason why we cannot conceive naturally. We started off NHS but now private. I had my various tests done to check ovulation and had tubes checked. All ok that end - thank god. So we are just concentrating on dh. Consultant has booked us in for first treatment of IUI but we are thinking of holding off until Aug - give it another go on our own. Whole thing has been a bit confusing. We were initially told that his count and motility wouldnt improve - but tests seem to have proved them wrong. So fingers crossed. Have accumulated a stack of notes on this subject and its driving me crazy. So nice meeting you all. Will be back soon.x

·
Premium Member
29,892 Posts
Hiya

Welcome to Fertility friends

So glad that u found the courage to come and join us

You will receive lots of help support and friendship on this site.

I understand about trying to go it alone til august and then review re the iui

I wish you lots of luck with whatever decision u make

There is a IUI thread which you could join and meet some of the other IUI girls.

I believe there is a support group held in Leicester (i am on leicester nhs list for ivf) if u look on the meeting area i am sure u will find it, if not let me know and i will try and find the relevant posting for you

Wishing u and ur DH best of luck
Emilyxx

·
Registered
37 Posts
My husband also had poor sperm results.  We did all the dietary and vitamin regimes, but also acupuncture and Chinese herbs, I think this made the biggest difference.  You might want to give it a go...

·
Premium Member
14,889 Posts
Just wanted to say hi and welcome to the site.  You'll find so much information and support, I don't know how I would have survived without it.

Sperm's not something I know much about (!), the issues having all been with me and my eggs, but I think you'll find a male factor thread on the ICSI board which might be helpful.

Best of luck
Claire xx

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.