Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. My name's Courtney. My husband had testicular cancer in 2009. He was unable to "bank" any sperm before he started Chemo, as he had none. He then had 3
rounds of BEP, which can leave you infertile. Thankfully the Chemo worked, which was
wonderful news, and he is cancer-free and making a good recovery. Soooo now we are starting to think more about the future, and possibly starting a family.
Recently, his sperm was tested again (15 months after chemo finished) but
still nothing.
I wondered if anyone had an experience similar to this. We are going to leave it a few
months and then talk to the doctor again. Has anyone known of fertility coming back? What
options to we have?
Thanks for any advice.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Zinc and vitamins can help increase the sperm count but if there is zero there then it is unlikely to return to a viable level. I think it would be worth speaking to your gp about ivf with icsi which is where they remove the sperm directly from the testes. Due to your situation you may get some rounds funded on the nhs. The waiting lists can be very long so would probably be best to talk to your gp sooner rather than later.
Congratulations to you and your dh on beating the cancer.
Broody

·
Premium Member
12,192 Posts
to FF, Courtney! This is a great website for support, information, laughter and friendship, it has kept me (relatively!) sane though all my treatment. Have a good look round the site, post in whatever section you want and make yourself at home. There are so many sections here with a huge amount of information, so whatever you are going through there will be someone here to help you.

I am so glad your husband is making a good recovery. The best place for you to look is the male factors section of FF. I am sure the lovely people there will be able to give you some advice and benefit of their own experiences. Here is the link - CLICK HERE

Or perhaps the Fertility through Cancer section ~ CLICK HERE

The What Every New Member Needs To Know (includes a list of common abbreviations) thread will give you some useful info on how to navigate the site ~ CLICK HERE

We also have a newbie night in the chat room every Wednesday where you can meet other new members and a few more experienced (I won't use the term "old"!) members will be there to answer any questions you have about the site. CLICK HERE FOR INFO ON NEWBIE CHAT

Please feel free to ask more questions here, or on any other part of the site, there will be wonderful helpful people there to give you lots of support, information and cyber hugs if you need it.

Sue ^hugme^

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.