Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I am new to the forum. I was lucky enough to get my bfp last week after a successful round of iui. Obviously I am thrilled but I am finding it very hard to relax. I am 5 weeks 4 days and last week I had a range of symptoms which now seem to have disappeared in the last couple of days. Gone are the sore bbs and waves of nausea (although bbs still very big!).

I know it's early days but we have waited years for this and I desperately want everything to be ok. Do you think it's normal to 'lose' symptoms in this way? How am I supposed to feel at this stage, because I don't really feel pg at the moment  :-\

Hopefully someone can put my mind at ease, thank you xx

·
Premium Member
6,153 Posts
My symptoms came and hit me at 6 weeks and 3 days this time and really peaked between 7 and 10 weeks and then started to improve a little until I reached 14 weeks when things felt better.

They do come and go initially.

The worst time around 7-8 weeks I remember laying on the floor in front of the fire feeling so sore in pelvis and boobs, so nauseous and so tired. Really sorry for myself, but of course happy.

You will feel grotty soon enough and then you wonder why you wished for it!  :)

·
Registered
959 Posts
hi , i am 4 months pregnant with twins and i ahvent had any symptoms what so ever! No sore boobs, no MS NOTHING

so everyone is different and you may be lucky and not get anything :)

·
Registered
681 Posts
Hi Angefish

When I was pregnant with DD my symptoms really did come and go.  BBs would be sore and all of a sudden they would be fine.  I'd be sick for a few days, then less so, then it would come back.  I think the theory is that your body gets used to the higher levels of hcg so the symptoms tail off a bit.  I remember one day being in floods of tears as all my symptoms had gone - and then a few days later they came back!

I had a miscarriage last year - early on - and bizarrely my symptoms had been a lot more constant - and I lost the baby. So from my limited experience I wouldn't worry about symptoms waxing and waning.

congratulations x

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks so much for the reassurance ladies. I feel a bit better now and know I just need to try to relax and enjoy it.

I did another cbd tonight and was pleased to see it has gone from 2-3 weeks to 3+ weeks. I mean, how many tests do I need to do?!

Good to hear your experiences though so thank you all.

xx

1 - 5 of 5 Posts