Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone I have posted lots of times only this time asking about Flare protocol.

My cons is puttin me on this due to poor response before along with low amh but a normal fsh! I'm told I shall start buserelin on day 2 followed by menopur of day 3 or 4.. How do they work combined?? it's all very confusing to me as I started my last cycle which was cancelled before EC door to poor response.

Anyhow I'd love to hear from ladies in my position as I'm stressing that they won't get any follies nor eggs with such a low AMH.. I'm starting Acu next wednesday so I hope this helps.. anyone else got any pointers in what I can eat or drink to help me get a better response this time round.

Thank you.. Sorry I'm asking loads as I like everyone else would love to hear of success stories.

Thinking of you all xx

·
Registered
61 Posts
Hi there,

I dont know what flare protocol is, but I am going in for egg collection tomorrow and I was on buresilin and menopur together. I think the Menopur stimulates and the bureselin sops you from ovulating, so that control that side of things.
I dont know if it makes you feel any better to know that I have a low amh, (6.5) and was also on prostap for 3 month before this ivf and have responded well this time. I say well, I have 8 decent sized follicles, which for low amh is good. So dont worry, I think as long as they get everything right drug wise you have as good a chance as anyone else.

Many  ^hugme^ and good luck

George

·
Registered
2,453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Dorris

Thank you for your reply.. You've put my mind at ease a little. Flare protocol is a form of short protocol although I haven't been taking any other drugs prior unlike you which confuses me a tad!

Your FSH & AMH levels are so close to mine it's bizarre.. I had a failed cycle on long protocol a few days prior to EC due to poor response! I was so upset it was as if someone had told me it was a BFN so I'm dreading this time round.

8 Follies is fantastic.. well done you. I hope & pray that I get as many. Good luck with your EC tomorrow. How you feeling at the mo? Bloated? or are you all ok? Were you on short protocol? have you eaten, drank or done anything different this time compaired to IUI?

Sorry bomb-barded you with questions.. Anyhow best of luck for tomorrow.. how very exciting and fingers crossed all the little buttons fertilise for you xx

·
Registered
61 Posts
Hi,

Im very bloated, feel like a prize heffer! lol.

I have also had another IVF cycle, I just havent added the details onto my profile. I had that last summer and it was short protocol. It took me longer to respond than this time and I ended up with 4 eggs, 2 of which fertilised. It was a BFN though sadly.
Following that I went privately and had another laparoscopy - he removed alot of endo and then put me on prostap (shuts everything down). They thought it would take a while for me to respond but its been 9 days of stims, so you just dont know. It might be because alot of the endo has been removed - Im certainly not less stressed at work or anything like that, its wierd. Obviously I dont know what the result will be tomorrow but its been easier so far. 

I think they put you on short protocol so that your own hormones are working with the synthetic ones, which makes sense, but then I dont understand why Ive responded differently this time?!

Its just such a hard thing to go through, when are you due to start? People with children dont know how lucky they are do they? Good luck to you. Kepp us updated with how you get on. 

Love

George (oh yes, Im dorris cos my surname is morris - are you a morris too?) :)

·
Registered
2,453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sorry to hear about your past cycle.. life sometimes just isn't fair!

Least this time round there more of them which is good and I'm sure they'll do well on the fert side.

I know what you mean about people with children I had (well I thought) two very good friends one in particular.. they have 5 children between them and when I told them what I was doing in the hope they would support me due to IVF being so dam lonely at times they both laughed and said why bother now after all this time and due to all your probs you may aswell keep your money other than waisting it!! As you can imagine it destroyed me and now I only speak to one of them and that friendship is very distant.. Very sad but I feel like there rudeness and negative attitude is something I don't need around me.

Therefore FF has become my best friend as talking to women who are going through it have a true understanding.

I've never wanted my AF to arrive so much.. then role on April for me to begin... I was supposed to be loosing weight as my BMI is over 30 but that's easier said than done after giving up smoking a year ago!! Well that's my excuse anyway.

xx

·
Registered
2,453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ha ha ha Yes I'm a Morris too!! Hee hee x

·
Registered
61 Posts
Well, hopefully this will be a good year for the Morrises!
;D

Friendships become really strained during this, Im not sure whether they will ever be the same. Your friends do sound like they were very insensitive - its easy for them to say save your money, they dont understand - AT ALL! I dont know about you but I have stopped saying anything about it to most people, feel like enough of a failure without having to talk through it all the time while receiving sympathetic humms and aaahs - lol!

The other thing is you feel guilty if youre a) a bit overweight, b) have smoked c) have ever been drunk d) didnt start trying sooner. :)

This site is so good, lots of lovely people on it. I havent used it a great deal, but when I do Ive always felt really comforted - thanks to people like you.

Ill post on here how I get on - got to be in hosp for 6am! Ah well, least it will be over early and I can rest up for the rest of the day. Not sure when to go back to work, difficult to decide.

Catch up again soon

Love

george

·
Registered
2,453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well your day has arrived and as I email this post I wonder if your all done and dusted!! I've truly got everything crossed for you.

Yeah friends like mine aren't friends at all so I've distanced myself totally. There actually very selfish people as everything must be so rosey in their little world.. Aren't they luckh Ah! At least with FF the support is immense and I can ask questions and 9 times out of 10 I get answers that help me.

We thought about trying 2 years ago but financially just couldn't afford it and low and behold the year we can it the year all my fertility goes pear shaped!! It's took us a year to wait for my operation & tests etc...

Let me know how you get on when your back.

Take Care G & finger & toes crossed it's a Morris year! xx

·
Registered
61 Posts
Hi there,

Sorry Ive been a bit quiet the last few days but wanted to come on and let you know how I got on. It was unsuccessful, they got only 3 eggs from the follicles and none of them fertilised. :-( I think there was something wrong with the eggs. I had been pu into menopause for 3 months and started up and eggs collected within 8 days. I do wonder whether this had an impact but Im not going to worry too much. I want to try to move on with my life now.

I so hope things are going well for you. You see, follicles etc doesnt really mean anything. I look forard to hearing from you, hopefully with some nice positive news  ^hugme^

Love

George xxx

·
Registered
2,453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Oh Dorris I'm so sorry to hear your news sending you a bug  ^hugme^

I can't imagine how it feels to go to EC only to be told there's not one egg to put back. That said I do know the disappointing feeling as that how I felt after my cancelled apt.

Maybe you could ask for Flare protocol as this is supposed to help poor responders and also up your Menopur to 6 amps!

Do you think you'll have another go?

Best of luck.. thinking of you xx

1 - 10 of 10 Posts