Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So lately I have had a bit of an issue with fluid in my uterus. This has to lead to some transfer cancellations before progesterone starts. This has happened in two or the last 3 months (the other month I got a UTI). Anyways my doctors tell me it's just biology and they don't think anything can help keep the fluid out. I just wondered if anyone else had any experience with fluid in the utuers? What worked for you? I would love to bring suggestions to my doctor

·
Registered
3,984 Posts
I’ve had this numerous times and unfortunately for me it wasn’t an easy fix, many times it’s caused by the estrogen and once you start progesterone it dries up and transfer can take place, the other reasons are from hydrosalpinx which need to be diagnosed (fluid in one or both tubes) you then need to have the affected tube out as the fluid is toxic to the embryo, or like me if you have had a previous cesarean you can have a Nicole in the scar which blood pools so your uterus doesn’t fully empty because of that, after your period, so the “fluid” is left over blood from your period. This also needs addressing via surgery. If it happened randomly as a once off here and there I would possibly say bad luck, but as this has happened a few times then those are the two things I would get your dr to check out first before anything else.

·
Registered
3,984 Posts
No, I haven’t had another transfer yet, just had an u/s last week and I still have blood in my uterus, so even though the surgeon said my surgery was a success it isn’t actually looking like it was as now I have “fluid” within the scar and I didn’t have that before, the blood was just in the uterus, so I’m not sure if I can fix this now as we are out of money, waiting to hear back from the surgeon to see if he has any ideas of where to go now or call it quits.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
@Stacey10 after mine i had a misscarriage becsude of a bad embryo and I’ve clearly had fluid problems too but it can work try asking your doctor if they think a different transfer protocol might help. My uterus was ready to go when I got the uti

·
Registered
3,984 Posts
I have tried differing protocols but I still have the same problem, I think I also have a bit of cervical stenosis going on as well to compound it all, so I’m pretty much resigned to not having another transfer as time and time again each u/s just shows the same thing, for me this has been going on for nearly 5 yrs now, had my revision end of 2020 and the problem is still there, I don’t think much else can be done, here in Australia anything fertility wise pretty much has to be paid for out of pocket unless you have private insurance which I don’t, so even though the csection was done of the public health system I’ve had to go private to try and get it sorted and as I mentioned funds have dried up unfortunately , so unless a miracle happens, ie the surgeon says that he will do anything for nothing (ha ha) this is probably it for me.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I was reading your story and congratulations on your girls! I hope you can fix the c section. I know o can get pregnant becsude i did so at least there’s hope.

I really hope you figure it out!

·
Registered
3,984 Posts
Thank you and I hope you to as well 🤞🙂

1 - 9 of 9 Posts