Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Peter

Can you explain why you need to drink approx 2 litres of water with IVF. I'm halfway through my 1st IVF cycle, 7th day of injecting Gonal F. My EC is due either next Tue or Wed.

Unfortunately I'm not a lover of fluids, I find it hard as it is to drink during the day. 2 litres of liquid is a complete struggle for me. Being that I don't drink the required amount, I was wondering what harm I might be causing myself, if any.

I am trying really hard to drink the extra fluid but its not coming easy.

I've also read that some clincs are advising their patients to drink milk, especially full fat. Can you explain why this is necessary. My clinic has not mentioned anything about milk.

Many thanks Peter

Ali.x

·
Registered
856 Posts
Happytoddy said:
Hi Peter

Can you explain why you need to drink approx 2 litres of water with IVF.

This idea related to the fact that modern stimulation procedures can cause dehydration. This is generally not good for you so plenty of fluids are advised.

I'm halfway through my 1st IVF cycle, 7th day of injecting Gonal F. My EC is due either next Tue or Wed.

Good luck!

Unfortunately I'm not a lover of fluids, I find it hard as it is to drink during the day. 2 litres of liquid is a complete struggle for me. Being that I don't drink the required amount, I was wondering what harm I might be causing myself, if any.

No real harm but then again not drinking enough is not helping either. It is interesting to note that many people suffer from headaches and so on (not on treatments of any kind) because they are dehydrated.

I am trying really hard to drink the extra fluid but its not coming easy.

Try finding a drink you like, cranberry juice is good or anyhting else as long as it is not alcoholic and does not contain loads of caffiene like Coke.

I've also read that some clincs are advising their patients to drink milk, especially full fat. Can you explain why this is necessary. My clinic has not mentioned anything about milk.

Any drink will do although 2 litres of full fat milk might be a bit filling!!

Good luck again!!

Peter
Many thanks Peter

Ali.x

1 - 2 of 2 Posts