Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
We are planning on travelling to Cyprus at the end of May (combined holiday and IVF cycle) with our 14 month old twins. We have an icandy peach blossom and do still fit in our maxicosi cabriofix seats and adapters for use at home but am not sure of the practicalities of taking this abroad (weights/ space on plane). Any ideas or tips? Please  ::)
Many thanks
Janet

·
Registered
661 Posts
Hey congrats on the beautiful twins! Were you planning on buying seats for the babies then in order to have them in the car seats or have them on your laps?
Kx

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
Hi,

We took our twins abroad when they were 9 months old, I had a Jane Tandem and a Mclaren Twin Techno.  With the Mclaren folding down smaller than the Jane I do opt for it.  I would try and make your trip as easy as possible for yourself.  Remember airport staff aren't the most gentle people with pushchairs  :(

Sharon x

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi thanks for the help. we were planning on travelling with them on laps as its cheeper. Will check ebay for mclarens. Other option was 2 tescos cheepy pushchairs with straps to tie together if needed.
thanks Janet

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
We travelled with our iCandy when the boys were four months old, and then with a Maclaren when they were 15 months.  The iCandy was a bit of a problem as it was so big, it took up the whole boot of most people's cars so always had to order a special taxi etc.  None of us liked the Maclaren but it was much easier to travel with, but I'd look into a different brand if you can find a better one that is better.  A lot of airlines won't let you take a pram in components to the gate as well.  If you go with two single strollers you can get a special clip to clip them together, I think its called Lionheart or something - Argos sells them.  Apparently not ideal for long distances, but OK for short ones.

·
Registered
661 Posts
Oh and one final tip... remember to pick up your push chair at the other end I had Lo in a wrap and completely forgot!! took four days to get it back! lol

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
;D  thank you
did pushchair take up your luggage allowance?

·
Registered
661 Posts
Nope its separate, and also if you contact the airline you should get an extra 10kg each luggage allowance for the babies x

1 - 8 of 8 Posts