Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi girls
I am in a panic as due to fly to Vegas few days towards end if 2ww. Clinic at first said fine, monotone with flying during first trimester but then said would like me to be close to clinic in case preg test inconclusive.
We are the only guests at the wedding and really don't know what to do. No idea if we'll even get that far as keep being warned may need to abandon cycle. They are going to see if can move treatment forward so have a BFP or BFN before we fly. Has anyone else been given advice on flying during 2ww or in case of BFP in very early pregnancy?
Your help would be appreciated?
LJ x

·
Registered
159 Posts
Hi - when I was pregnant first icsi cycle I  was due to fly yo Rome for wedding I was 7 weeks and was advised not to fly. DH went on his own in end. I know people conceived naturally have flown but if they say no I would go along with it. Probably not what you want to hear though

Good luck with treatment
Luce

·
Registered
958 Posts
Hi LJyorkshire

I have just asked the same question at my clinic this morning as we are due to fly long haul to South Africa, I have been advised
not to go. The exact reply was 'no long haul flights for the 1st 3 months!'

That's buggered us a bit.

I would just be honest with your friends and try and find some middle ground. It you know them really well and they know you are doing this, I can't see how you can't find a solution together.

Mxx

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks lucemazza and shellymay

I will just be gutted if we cancel our trip then get a BFN anyway or don't even make it to egg collection stage...don't mind missing the trip if we have a BFP and are advised not to fly...as there would be something to look forward to  :)

There are lots of women who have their egg collection and embryo transfer abroad and then fly home so surely this is just the same (think I just want to have my cake and eat it!)

My friend is being very understanding but if I get a BFN AND miss my best friend's wedding I will be inconsolable.

Maybe the clinic can engineer it so we have a definite Yes / No before we're due to go...sigh!

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks starfishtrigger,,hopefully will feel clearer after meeting the nurse on Weds  :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts