Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it safe to fly to spain in early pregnancy or if you think you are pg but too early to test. is there any evidence?
Thanks
B

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
Hi Burnley

I flew to Rome only one week after my BFP so i was only 4 weeks pregnant & our little bubba has stuck around. I think it is just your personal choice hun & hope all goes well for you & you have a lovely trip to Spain.

Take Care

Sue XXX :-* :-* ^hugme^ ^hugme^

·
Registered
697 Posts
Hiya,

I flew to Spain at approx 5w and all OK so far!!

Amanda
x

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Amanda and Sue -
have had 3 mc so now panic /contemplate everthing! - delighted all is going well for you both
burnley xx

·
Premium Member
5,678 Posts
I flew to Turkey the day after testing!

·
Registered
889 Posts
I'm not sure if it makes a difference or not but wouldn;t do it.  I do know that flight attendants aren't allowed to fly once pg.  This may just be health and safety though...

Good luck,

Bethan xxx

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
Hi sorry to but in again

bethan jane said:
I'm not sure if it makes a difference or not but wouldn;t do it. I do know that flight attendants aren't allowed to fly once pg. This may just be health and safety though...

Good luck,

Bethan xxx
I think it would be health & safety for flight attendants as they fly for hours & hours everyday all week & you would only be going on a short flight there & then back which is very different.

We all have our own personal views & what we would do so it is just your choice hun.

Take care

Sue XX

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thank you all for your replies girls,
Suemac - where did you have treatment as i see you live in Essex
Burnley xx

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
Hi ya

I had my treatment with St Barts in London with my free go on the NHS & we were very lucky & are still in shock it worked might sink in by the end! :) :)

Take Care Sue XX :-* :-*

·
Registered
448 Posts
U.S. flight attendants still fly once pregnant - apparently only in Europe do they ground them, i think because of the possible risk of regular radiation.

anyway, i flew at 6w 3d for 10 hours to Mexico (and back two weeks later). No problems whatsoever.

I also flew to the U.S. three weeks ago, at 24 weeks.

good luck!

·
Registered
970 Posts
Hiya,

I flew lots in early pregnancy. We were in Prague when we got our BFP (so had to fly back from there) and then flew to Las Vegas at about 11 weeks, and flew to Scotland at about 15 weeks and Holland not long afterward that.

I had a healthy twin pregnancy with no problems.

Good luck,

Liz
x

·
Registered
11,791 Posts
Hi

Lots of ladies fly in early pregnancy but I think its a decision that only you can make.

If you do then just remember to drink water and move around if at all possible.

x x x x

1 - 12 of 12 Posts