Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi ya
has anyoneflown in late stages of pregnancy if so which travel insurance compant did you use.
I am about 5 weeks and i had already booked a holiday to florida next april  can  anyone help?
thanx
luv caz

·
Registered
199 Posts
Hi Caz,

My Dad was very ill in South Africa (unfortunately he passed away the day after I arrived back in the UK). I flew there when I was 30 weeks and then back to the UK when I was 32 weeks. I used a travel company called PHA travel - www.phatravel.com - they cover up to 32 weeks (although I would call to re-confirm). I think I paid about £42 as the premium and you just select the Silver short stay cover. This is the only company I could find that would insure me beyond 29 weeks and I searched and searched!

Have a great holiday!

Adrienne

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
hi

I work for an airline and just wanted to let you know that you can fly on any regular travel insurance up to 28 weeks however beyond this the airline will only carry you up to 32 weeks with a doctors note to say you pregnancy has been uncomplicated. You will also have to be cleared by the airlines own company doc in order to travel between 28-32 weeks.

getting insurance is hard after 28 weeks

beyond 32 weeks you can only fly for emergancy reasons and you will not be able to get insurance and most airlines will not generally carry you at all if you have had any complications what so ever.

hope this helps

I travel often but do not intend to fly after 28 weeks

one more thing is if you do travel late on always take your maternity notes with you as you never know what can happen!!

Frances

·
Registered
100 Posts
I have just taken our a Norwich Union Direct policy and it covers me up to 30 weeks, but like Frances said I know that some airlines don't let you fly after 28 weeks without a GP's letter

Alba
-x-

·
Registered
199 Posts
Hi!

Yes, make sure you take a letter from your GP OK'ing you to fly. I also took my maternity notes / file (just in case I needed them).

Purpleal

·
Registered
905 Posts
Hi Caz,

Aside from the airline regulations, I flew to the Far East at 26 weeks, home at 27 weeks, and found it really tough ( I flew business also!) swollen ankles ( which I don't generally get, and haven't had since) and severe lethargy.

If it hadn't been an essential trip I would not have bothered.

Best wishes

Zoe XXX

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.