Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have any advice about flying during the 2WW? 
I have a business trip lined up to Cork next week (only a short flight) and after my acupuncture session yesterday, my therapist said that I shouldn't be flying.  My DP is now insistent that I don't fly, although I'm happy to do so.

I can't find any proof as to whether it would be safe or not...

Any help appreciated...

·
Premium Member
13,427 Posts
Hi Rosie

I think you'll find mixed reactions if you do a search, some people cancel flights, others who have gone abroad for tx obviously have to fly back and go on to get a BFP.  It's what you feel comfortable doing.

Good luck x x x  ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Rosie  I work for an airline and have grounded myself for the 2ww. If I get a BFP ^pray^ I cant fly again till baby is born. Company
          ground crew asap so based on that I wouldnt reccomend it. But as Beachgirl said there is loads of girls who have tx abroard
          and fly back during their 2 ww. Best of luck for your test date x

·
Registered
393 Posts
I am having tx in Barbados so I will be flying back during the 2ww. ;D

I am also cabin crew and will probably go back to work flying before my test date.  ^idiot^ ^idiot^

However, that is what I am used to and I certainly won't be overexerting myself.  I think you just need to carry on a normal life and remember that most people who get pg wouldn't know at that stage and would be doing normal things that do not affect the baby.

just my opinion though.  This is my 5th attempt and I have tried it all ways; laying on the settee for 2 weeks, just doing gentle office duties, they didn't work so I am trying the carry on as normal approach. ;) ;)

Good luck whatever you decide. ^reiki^ ^reiki^

Keeks xxx

·
Registered
284 Posts
Rosie - I got some advice from a nurse at the clinic I am at, when I asked what I should and shouldnt do in my 2ww - She said you shouldn't have to hold back on anything but, if at any point you are not sure that you have to go with your gut feeling because if it doesn't work you need to know you gave it the best chance going.

I found this helped me make my descisions during the 2ww and now beyond......still worrying ^idiot^

Good luck ^reiki^ ^reiki^

Laura
xx

·
Registered
11,791 Posts
Hi

I would say that you are OK to fly its what you feel most comfortable doing.

There are lots of ladies who have treatment abroad and have to fly home.  And it is only a short flight.

x x x

·
Registered
591 Posts
Funnily enough my acupuncturist said yeserday its best not to fly in 2ww but there are many ladies who have been abroad for tx and need to come back in 2ww and also many go abroad in 2ww and pregnancy so i think its down to personal choice

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Hi,
I was worried about this, I checked with my clinic and they said it was fine.
I got my bfp, though I have since m/c. But I don't think flying had anything to do with it!
I have also tried the keeping my legs crossed approach, and staying horizontal for the 2ww and got bfn's. This time I carried on as normal, and got that bit further.
Best of luck with whatever you decide  ;)
Love Cindersxxx

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.